Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

CNBC:Belief in 'American exceptionalism' among global investors has never been higher

Excerpt:

Global investors are betting on America's economic success now more than ever, Morgan Stanley's Ruchir Sharma told CNBC on Monday.

"This year has been a story of how well America has done," he said on "Squawk Box," calling it an example of "American exceptionalism."

"We may or may not believe in [American exceptionalism], but the financial markets have never believed in it to such an extent," added Sharma, head of emerging markets and chief global strategist at Morgan Stanley Investment Management. The global firm has $474 billion in assets under management, as of June 30, 2018.

The strong economy has been touted by Trump administration officials such as top aide Larry Kudlow, who called it "the hottest economy in the world."

Second-quarter gross domestic product gained 4.2 percent, according to the government's final reading. And it appears the momentum has continued. The Atlanta Fed's GDPNow real-time indicator put the third-quarter growth at 4.1 percent, as of Monday.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
boxcar

Where are all the Trump naysayers? Kinda quiet in here.
Old 10-09-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Every country thinks it is “exceptional” in something...until the time arrives when it learns that, well, maybe not so much as we thought...but I will grant that America is exceptional nowadays, as being “occupiers” “regime changers” and the “policeman of the world” something our Founding Fathers would have been aghast at...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Every country thinks it is “exceptional” in something...until the time arrives when it learns that, well, maybe not so much as we thought...but I will grant that America is exceptional nowadays, as being “occupiers” “regime changers” and the “policeman of the world” something our Founding Fathers would have been aghast at...
I kinda doubt foreign investors don't have those kinds of things on their mind. Just sayin'....
Old 10-09-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I kinda doubt foreign investors don't have those kinds of things on their mind. Just sayin'....
What is good for Corporations and their stock prices isn’t necessarily good for most Americans...even though the economy is hot, what I notice is much higher prices for everything I buy...

...since inflation has continued and cannot stop, even at modest levels, it is a serious TAX on all of us, and it really hurts those on a set or limited income. Our dollars buy less and less every day...the “hot” economy is pricing out larger and larger segments of our citizens...

...the exceptionalism is fine if you are a Corporate goon or investor with plenty of disposable cash to play with...but for most of us regular guys...we are not in a position to take advantage of this “exceptionalism”...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2018, 02:48 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
It’s called being the big dog. You either lead or get out of the way.

You revealed yourself in that last post.

Damn shame, I actually enjoyed some of your writings
Old 10-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
It’s called being the big dog. You either lead or get out of the way.

You revealed yourself in that last post.

Damn shame, I actually enjoyed some of your writings
Where have you been? He's been like this or worse from the start.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:54 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
What is good for Corporations and their stock prices isn’t necessarily good for most Americans...even though the economy is hot, what I notice is much higher prices for everything I buy...

...since inflation has continued and cannot stop, even at modest levels, it is a serious TAX on all of us, and it really hurts those on a set or limited income. Our dollars buy less and less every day...the “hot” economy is pricing out larger and larger segments of our citizens...

...the exceptionalism is fine if you are a Corporate goon or investor with plenty of disposable cash to play with...but for most of us regular guys...we are not in a position to take advantage of this “exceptionalism”...
Another equivocator. You have gone from "occupiers" , "regime changers" and "policeman of the world" to "Corporate goon" or "Corporations".

And if you're feeling the pressures of a little inflation, adjust your spending habits. But if not, bask in the glory of a great booming economy -- an economy that will end when the next establishment politician wins the White House.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: