Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-13-2014, 11:55 AM   #91
pandy

I don't understand, NJ. Obviously, if you work for the government, you have a better deal than people in the private sector. Why do you think the young and healthy in the private sector will get a good deal, too? Rates are up over 20% this year. Companies have to pay an excise tax, which will be passed on to employees by either cutting hours, holding off on wage increases, or raising the employee contribution.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #92
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Are you volunteering to get in the ObamaCare pool?

You are talking about a fairy tale while the rest of us here are talking about present day reality in which the young and the healthy get the shaft. And ObamaCare doesn't cover that.
Why is my actual real life experience is "a fairy tale"?

Shortly, I will be entering the best healthcare plan this country has to offer - Medicare.
Old 11-13-2014, 12:43 PM   #93
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I don't understand, NJ. Obviously, if you work for the government, you have a better deal than people in the private sector. Why do you think the young and healthy in the private sector will get a good deal, too? Rates are up over 20% this year. Companies have to pay an excise tax, which will be passed on to employees by either cutting hours, holding off on wage increases, or raising the employee contribution.
I'm going to pay $462 per month for my secondary insurer next year. That secondary insurer is the one I get because I worked for the federal government. My secondary insurer covers my wife and me. Our primary insurer next year is Medicare. My wife and I will each pay $105 a month for Medicare in 2015.

Pandy, is paying almost $700 a month for health insurance a better deal than people get in the private sector? Maybe, maybe not. But that's my "deal".
Old 11-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #94
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Why is my actual real life experience is "a fairy tale"?
Because the discussion is about ObamaCare, where in the real world young and healthy people get the shaft. And where older people lose their plans and their doctors. Your health insurance experience is not relevant to this discussion. Medicare is not relevant to this discussion.

You are blowing smoke screens, refusing to admit that some people are worse off under a government program, and that the government lied about it. Those are facts in a reality that does not affect you, so you deny that reality.
Old 11-13-2014, 01:41 PM   #95
Clocker

The final word on the issue from the ultimate source at the Ministry of Truth, Nancy Pelosi:

Quote:
"I don't know who he is. He didn't help write our bill"
Oops, maybe not the final word. In 2009, Pelosi praised him by name for his work. Washington Post
Old 11-13-2014, 02:00 PM   #96
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Got a third video of the liar in action now.
Congressional investigations on tap.
ACA could be in serious trouble sooner than later........thanks to this punk ass liar.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:07 PM   #97
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
ACA could be in serious trouble sooner than later........thanks to this punk ass liar.
Are you one of those fanatics that doesn't think that the end justifies the means, especially when people are too stupid to know that the end is good for them?
Old 11-13-2014, 03:35 PM   #98
Clocker

Jake Tapper of CNN, one of the few real journalists on cable news, says that there is another video of Gruber, not yet shown on the air. Not as inflammatory or insulting as the others, in this one Gruber says that despite administration promises, he and others had no idea if anything in the bill could actually cut costs. He also says that he and other experts don't know how to cut costs.

Quote:
"Barack Obama's not a stupid man, okay?" Gruber said in his remarks at the College of the Holy Cross on March 11, 2010. "He knew when he was running for president that quite frankly the American public doesn't actually care that much about the uninsured....What the American public cares about is costs. And that's why even though the bill that they made is 90% health insurance coverage and 10% about cost control, all you ever hear people talk about is cost control. How it's going to lower the cost of health care, that's all they talk about. Why? Because that's what people want to hear about because a majority of American care about health care costs."

Gruber said the measures in the bill that attempt to lower costs constitute a "spaghetti approach" -- throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. And while preferable to the status quo, Gruber said he could offer no guarantee that any of the measures would work.

"The only way we're going to stop our country from being a latter day Roman Empire and falling under its own weight is getting control of the growth rate of health care costs," he said. "The problem is we don't know how."
Tapper's story, which does not have the Gruber video, is HERE.

The full hour and a half video is HERE.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #99
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Are you one of those fanatics that doesn't think that the end justifies the means, especially when people are too stupid to know that the end is good for them?

Yeah.
What?
Who, me?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (5.7 KB, 67 views)
Old 11-13-2014, 05:00 PM   #100
ArlJim78

saw on twitter,
Borked is what democrats do to conservatives.
Grubered is what democrats do to themselves.

lack of transparency and the stupidity of their base voter, this is most important to administration central planners. I'm glad it's now out in the open.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 05:30 PM   #101
ArlJim78

heh, turns out the guy who uncovered these videos, Rich Weinstein is a pissed off citizen journalist who lost is insurance due to Obamacare and had to pay double to get the same coverage. So he started digging to expose the lies.

Supposedly another video is going to drop tonight.

Meet the man who discovered the Gruber videos
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #102
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
I'm going to pay $462 per month for my secondary insurer next year. That secondary insurer is the one I get because I worked for the federal government. My secondary insurer covers my wife and me. Our primary insurer next year is Medicare. My wife and I will each pay $105 a month for Medicare in 2015.

Pandy, is paying almost $700 a month for health insurance a better deal than people get in the private sector? Maybe, maybe not. But that's my "deal".

I still think that $700 is high. And I don't begrudge anyone who gets a good deal because they work, or worked, for the gov't. But, I do think that this is will prove to be a rotten deal for the private sector, which the exception of those who get subsidies. This is going to be a lot like property taxes -- it's going to keep going up and up and up.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #103
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Cross posted....from the "better than we thought" thread

From DU. They will defend the beast no matter what

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025811756#post36

More stupid americans
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #104
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
Cross posted....from the "better than we thought" thread

From DU. They will defend the beast no matter what

http://www.democraticunderground.com/10025811756#post36

More stupid americans
It's a good thing that is being done on the internet. If that mob could get to her in person, they would stone her for heresy.
Old 11-14-2014, 10:40 AM   #105
DJofSD
Screw PC

Yet another video surfaces

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EPnxG0IUKTo