Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 11-04-2017, 07:01 PM   #496
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
Even so, Joseph K. Young, a professor of law and criminology at American University, said research on terrorism suggested that immigrants were less of a threat than people born in the United States..
What about immigrants from countries that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has designated as terrorist-sponsors? Or their chains of relatives?

And the threshold question is why do we need a diversity visa lottery at all. Can anyone in government give us proof that our population is not diverse enough? By what standard?

Why do we need to treat some potential immigrants differently than others? Treating some differently than others is discrimination. Why are we discriminating? Does anyone here think that Washington DC bureaucrats and politicians are the ones to be making the decisions about what our needs for "diversity" are?
Old 11-04-2017, 07:40 PM   #497
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
What about immigrants from countries that the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agency has designated as terrorist-sponsors? Or their chains of relatives?

And the threshold question is why do we need a diversity visa lottery at all. Can anyone in government give us proof that our population is not diverse enough? By what standard?

Why do we need to treat some potential immigrants differently than others? Treating some differently than others is discrimination. Why are we discriminating? Does anyone here think that Washington DC bureaucrats and politicians are the ones to be making the decisions about what our needs for "diversity" are?
you are not progressively politically correct
Old 11-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #498
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Tom.. take another swig of brain juice and try to follow.. Saipov was vetted the same as any immigrant seeking residency..
Are you in Seattle?
'cause you sure sound like you are.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:00 PM   #499
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post

The program was started in 1990. Hundreds of thousands of immigrants have come here in those 27 years via the program. Had you ever had cause to be upset by (or even think about) the program prior to this past week?

I doubt it.

Meanwhile, tens of thousands of gun-related US deaths and injuries every year, and your standard reaction to that?

Not a problem.

Strange priorities.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:56 PM   #500
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Definitely in Seattle.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:22 PM   #501
Clocker

Quote:
The program was started in 1990. Hundreds of thousands of immigrants have come here in those 27 years via the program. Had you ever had cause to be upset by (or even think about) the program prior to this past week?

I doubt it.
I wasn't upset because I didn't know about it. Were you upset (or even thinking about) sexual assault by movie execs before recently? If I had known about the immigration stupidity, both lotteries and chain immigrants, I would have added it to my long list of blithering incompetence by the people in our government.

And it is potentially a much bigger problem now than in 1990, and our "betters" in high places should have been worried about it more and more since at least since 9/11. I can only assume that most law makers in Washington were familiar with the situation to some degree for some time. They never raised an alarm, let alone tried to do something about it. Even Trump, over some months, reacted merely with a few tweets and a warning to Congress that he didn't want to see it in the next immigration bill.

Quote:
Meanwhile, tens of thousands of gun-related US deaths and injuries every year, and your standard reaction to that?

Not a problem.

Strange priorities.
Please show me where I ever said gun violence is not a problem. What I have said is that few if any gun control laws address the problem rationally.

Liberal gun control is a perfect example of the irrationality of repeating the same action expecting a different result.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:45 AM   #502
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 11-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #503
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I watched the opening of SNL last night because it was a LArry David and I remember him as once upon a time being funny.

He did a routine making jokes about being Jews in a concentration camp, and the feeble minded left were applauding.

What a sick bunch of brain dead people.
SNL is a good litmus test for deranged people.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:45 AM   #504
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Not funny! They should give it up!
Old 11-05-2017, 04:17 PM   #505
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 11-05-2017, 04:32 PM   #506
woodtoo

Boring ................................................ ............life
Old 11-05-2017, 07:36 PM   #507
Clocker

Quote:
Newsweek @Newsweek New cover story: Trump is leading the most corrupt administration in U.S. history, one of first-class kleptocrats
Newsweek needs some new "journalists" and editors who understand English. Corruption: dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.

The big "crimes" cited, mostly excessive spending on perks and travel, involve stupidity, incompetence, waste, and abuse of power. But not corruption. And the new Chief of Staff has taken unprecedented steps to control such abuses. Lots of bad stuff, yes. Should it be stopped? Yes. Worse than what the Clintons usually did on a slow day before lunch? No.

And according to Newsweek, Kellyanne Conway mentioning Ivanka Trump's business on TV is "a flagrant violation of ethics rules, which prohibit elected officials from endorsing a commercial enterprise." I forget, what position was she elected to?
Old 11-05-2017, 10:31 PM   #508
FantasticDan
gelding

Old 11-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #509
wisconsin

Quote:

Not all Toyota, Subaru, Honda, Infinity, Nissan, Mitsubishi and Lexus models are made here.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:06 AM   #510
Ocala Mike

Only 75% or so. Trump is the leader of his party, a reincarnation of the "Know Nothing Party."
Closed Thread