Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #151
lamboguy

the foxnews poll has Romney dead buried and gone this morning, but thegreek.com still has this election -$340-$100, or no change from yesterday. interesting.......
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 08:27 AM   #152
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
the foxnews poll has Romney dead buried and gone this morning, but thegreek.com still has this election -$340-$100, or no change from yesterday. interesting.......
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-swing-states/

Fox News joined this week’s parade of polls showing President Obama opening up leads over Republican Mitt Romney in crucial swing states.

The Fox news survey puts Obama ahead of Romney by 7 percentage points among likely voters in Ohio, 49 to 42 percent, and in Virginia, 50 to 43 percent. In Florida, the president has a five-point advantage, 49 to 44 percent.

The poll also showed Democratic candidates leading Republicans in U.S. Senates races for the same three states — Ohio, Virginia and Florida.

Fox also released a survey in which a majority of Hispanic Americans say the country is ready to elect a Hispanic president.

In the survey of 887 likely Latino voters, 48 percent believe U.S. voters would have been ready to elect a Latino president this year, while 40 percent said no and 12 percent were undecided.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM   #153
Ocala Mike

2012 presidential election odds

It's time for Romney to find a phone booth and change into a superhero.

If he doesn't turn this thing around soon he's going to cause downticket problems.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #154
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-swing-states/

Fox News joined this week’s parade of polls showing President Obama opening up leads over Republican Mitt Romney in crucial swing states.

The Fox news survey puts Obama ahead of Romney by 7 percentage points among likely voters in Ohio, 49 to 42 percent, and in Virginia, 50 to 43 percent. In Florida, the president has a five-point advantage, 49 to 44 percent.

The poll also showed Democratic candidates leading Republicans in U.S. Senates races for the same three states — Ohio, Virginia and Florida.

Fox also released a survey in which a majority of Hispanic Americans say the country is ready to elect a Hispanic president.

In the survey of 887 likely Latino voters, 48 percent believe U.S. voters would have been ready to elect a Latino president this year, while 40 percent said no and 12 percent were undecided.
Bernie Goldberg, a conservative pundit, was on "the factor" last night and as much as called dick morris and carl rove a couple of crazies for predicting a big romney win. I couldn't agree more. To espouse a conservative doctrine and tout romney as the better candidate is one thing, but to stick your head in the sand and pretend it's looking good for him is something else entirely.

Like Goldberg, Charles Krauthammer put down the pom poms to inject a note of realism perhaps unpalatable to hopeful repubs. O'reilly, of course, hastened to conclude the interview.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #155
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
... O'reilly, of course, hastened to conclude the interview.
I actually watched this somehow last night as I usually manage to miss the Factor. But to be fair, the guy that took more abuse than anyone was the cheerleader, Morris. I had no interest in what that Penguin looking snaggletooth had to say, but even still, O'Reilly was driving me nuts not letting Morris explain why he thought Republicans were in the driver's seat in the Congressional elections. It certainly wasn't the case that Morris was given some great latitude to wax poetic about the brilliance of Romney and Republicans and Goldberg and Krauthammer were comparatively stymied.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #156
BlueShoe

Quote:

If Obama wins, and if we then still exist as a Republic in 2016, we just may have one in 2017, the junior Senator from Florida. If it is Romney, then Marco Rubio will wait until 2020 to run. He has widespread appeal and support among conservatives and moderates, although contrary to opinion, not all that popular with Mexican Americans. There is a division between conservative Cuban Americans and the more liberal Mexican Americans, and looking ahead, this could be a factor in a Rubio run for the top spot.
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #157
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
I actually watched this somehow last night as I usually manage to miss the Factor. But to be fair, the guy that took more abuse than anyone was the cheerleader, Morris. I had no interest in what that Penguin looking snaggletooth had to say, but even still, O'Reilly was driving me nuts not letting Morris explain why he thought Republicans were in the driver's seat in the Congressional elections. It certainly wasn't the case that Morris was given some great latitude to wax poetic about the brilliance of Romney and Republicans and Goldberg and Krauthammer were comparatively stymied.
O'Reilly is a bully who likes to use Morris as a whipping boy. Alan Colmes is another guy who accepts abusive treatment on the factor in exchange for the exposure. O'Reilly rarely lets either of them finish a sentence. He's more respectful of rove and krauthammer.

Morris strikes me as a sharp guy who let his (probably justified) hatred of Hillary and his obvious desire for exposure drive him to lick republican boots. And it's a shame, because his experience and acumen make him uniquely qualified to give objective commentary. Instead, he has made himself a shill. It was sickening to see him grin last night when O'Reilly told him to "shut it."
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 01:42 PM   #158
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueShoe
If Obama wins, and if we then still exist as a Republic in 2016, we just may have one in 2017, the junior Senator from Florida. If it is Romney, then Marco Rubio will wait until 2020 to run. He has widespread appeal and support among conservatives and moderates, although contrary to opinion, not all that popular with Mexican Americans. There is a division between conservative Cuban Americans and the more liberal Mexican Americans, and looking ahead, this could be a factor in a Rubio run for the top spot.
Don't forget if there still is a repug party, you guys always have 2096
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #159
johnhannibalsmith

I agree with pretty much everything. At this point, Morris generally makes me queasy he comes off as such a book-pushing sheister, but the attitude towards him last night was pathetic and his (lack of) response was even worse.

He has to be respectful of Krauthammer because there isn't much he can say to Krauthammer that is disagreeable that Krauthammer won't pull apart limb from limb and make him look like an idiot. I think even O'Reilly knows that his best plan for CK is just to either agree with everything or play the meekest devil's advocate ever and just allow him to pontificate. I'm actually surprised he allows him on the show, because unlike a Dennis Miller, he just has no "disagreement" rapport with the guy and CK seems to have no interest in feeding his ego.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #160
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
It will be called the Tea Party.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:52 PM   #161
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike
It's time for Romney to find a phone booth and change into a superhero.

If he doesn't turn this thing around soon he's going to cause downticket problems.
He has GOT to start attacking Obama and stop this nonsense of "He's a nice guy" and "He wants to help us"

NO he is not and he does not.
He is lying POS who is out to fundamentally change this country - his own words. And that means no great nation, no world power, no national security....Obama is the ENEMY and he needs to be treated as such.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:11 PM   #162
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
It will be called the Tea Party.

FTFY
Old 09-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #163
hcap

More Fox Polls like this one and it will be a lot of long faces at Fox News.

I remember election night 20o8. Long faces and dead silence for extended periods of time.

Even the yet to be next star at Faux openly weeped

Old 09-20-2012, 02:19 PM   #164
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Fixed what?
Old 09-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #165
horses4courses

Quote:
I wouldn't even be so sure about that.
With minorities increasing in size, and registering to vote, even 2096 is dicey
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply