Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Library

Old 01-17-2007, 02:19 PM   #16
njcurveball

Well I guess we have to take the man at face value saying he can hit 9 out of 17 races, with 5 of those winners being NON favorites.

I played in BRIS tourneys on-line where the winner had 7 of 8 with NO favorites.

I have seen people hit 5 or 6 out of 10 with a few bombs in other tourneys.

Are you saying it is not possible to hit 9 winners out of 17 races? Because that is what we are reading from your posts CJ.

Also, are you really in Belgium?

Jim
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #17
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcurveball
Are you saying it is not possible to hit 9 winners out of 17 races? Because that is what we are reading from your posts CJ.

Also, are you really in Belgium?

Jim
Of course I'm not saying it can't be done, but I got the impression from the review he was saying that was the norm, not a one time thing. I am in Belgium, so maybe my English is slipping.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 04:37 PM   #18
44PACE

I ordered the book I figure $ 35 what the hell.

The best people to ask about Mr. Bradshaws win % would be the people who have bet along side him. I would be interested in hearing from these people.Using conventional handicapping methods it is impossible to hit 60 % with one horse but, who says Mr. Bradshaw is conventional he may look at the races in ways that others do not, and he may be able to recognize races that are unpredictable and stay out of these races. If you only play your best bets your win % will be higher. Goof balls who give their picks in the news papers hit 30% on all selections ( they have to pick a horse for every race) and they hit 50 % on their best bets. They suck, so why is it impossible to maybe a very good player to out perform a newspaper picker.

Mike.
44PACE is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 04:44 PM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Comparing the Hat's ability using the five steps to my own computer experience I can honestly reveal that for every six races I could do on the computer Jim did 17 with his match up. Where I would win four of six, Jim would win 9 of 17. He bet one horse I bet 2. You don't have to be a math genius to figure who ended up the bigger winner, since 5 of those 9 were non-favorites.
I read this again, just to be sure. He is not talking about a one time thing.

I firmly believe people can earn a living playing this game. If the above were true, however, "the Hat" would not only earn a living, he'd be incredibly rich.
Old 01-17-2007, 04:48 PM   #20
witchdoctor
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
What a shock Sartin would "review" it. He sounds like a complete shill. It is pretty sad really. Before you Sartin fans jump on me, does anyone really think ANYONE could hit over 50% betting one horse per race, with more than half not being the favorite.

If you do, wake up.

For what it is worth, I know Jimmy Bradshaw and I have seen him hit 8 pick 3s in an afternoon playing 1 horse per race playing the simulcast at FMT. I also saw him pick the place horse 12 straight times on afternoon. When I asked him what was the matter, he said he couldn't concentrate as he was waiting on the results of a lung biopsy.
witchdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #21
Binder
VDC Messenger

Doc's review

I want to thank Mike for letting me post Doc's review of
The Match Up 2 with the Five Step Approach
The Guide to Advanced Throroughbred Handicapping
here on PA

I just wanted people who might be interested to know
about the availability of the book and that Doc had written
a review of it.

I am very happy that a few new people have asked about the book

Doc Sartin and Jim Bradshaw have been very helpful to our group
over on Pace and Cap which makes me happy as the theme
of P and C is about friends helping friends win with the Sartin Methodology
Thank you Mike for letting me post Doc's review

GS
Bill
Binder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #22
PlanB
Veteran

I want to buy that book, but the web site doesn't sell it.
PlanB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 06:44 PM   #23
46zilzal
velocitician

The match up has worked for 25 years. It makes evaluating a race MUCH simplier.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 01-17-2007 at 06:51 PM.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #24
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanB
I want to buy that book, but the web site doesn't sell it.
Derek.

To order The Match Up 2

Send $35.00 (Check, or Money Order.)

Oklahoma Residents Please add $2.80 Sales Tax.

(Canadian Orders $38.00 American Currency. Money Orders Only.)

To: JIM "The Hat" BRADSHAW, Corp.

3335 South 114th East Ave.

Tulsa, OK. 74146.

This includes Shipping And Handling.
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 07:02 PM   #25
PlanB
Veteran

Thanks I will.
PlanB is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 07:13 PM   #26
shanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
It isn't so much that he wrote a review, it is the outlandish statements he makes about the writer. There is this little issue called credibility that means a lot to most people.
CJ
you are a "Name" in racing today and deservedly so.

I know you and some friends of yours know folks in the game. To Jim's "credibility" as a picker of horses here are 3 names that you or your friends maybe can contact and give you some feedback on the Hat's power that they have witnessed BEFORE races ran

1) Andy Beyer
2) Len Ragozin
3) Paul Mellos

Pretty diverse group of luminaries I would say.

1) Paul spent 3 days in Vegas with the Hat betting Hat's horses and said he never had so much fun winning money without all the trip notes, etc etc that he was always lugging around.

2) Andy simply shakes his head every time he sees Jim because he can't for the life of him figure out how the hell he does what he does. He has seen his abilities up close and personal.

3) Len Ragozin asked the Hat for a horse or 2 after Hat spoke at a seminar and after watching the horse(s) win said " how the heck you see them Jimmy? We don't get that one"

The Hat likes all these fellas greatly especially Beyer. says he is just like him - wants to pick and bet horses not all the other BS

One thing pisses Jim off is a few years back he was named the 6th best handicapper in the U.S. I said " Jim thats damn good man. Whats wrong with that?" He said "Rich 2 of the guys ahead of me were DEAD"
shanta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 08:43 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Allowing a review to be posted is one thing, but it is twice now that someone has posted an address and where to send the $$$$. I'll leave it up to CJ whether he thinks that should come down under the auspices of free advertising....after all, he's a moderator....
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 08:47 PM   #28
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I'll buy the book myself, so I better leave the address here. I understand actually finding out how to buy it can be tough without this information.

As stated before, I was never knocking the book. It does seem like if he really wants to sell it, he should step into the 90s. Checks in the mail with no online ordering?

Last edited by cj; 01-17-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #29
First_Place

Hey CJ,

You couldn't shine the Doc's or The Hat's shoes! You're obviously envious of these two famous men.

FP

Last edited by First_Place; 01-17-2007 at 08:51 PM.
First_Place is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-17-2007, 08:53 PM   #30
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'll buy the book myself, so I better leave the address here. I understand actually finding out how to buy it can be tough without this information.

As stated before, I was never knocking the book. It does seem like if he really wants to sell it, he should step into the 90s. Checks in the mail with no online ordering?
From what I've heard he doesn't use computers that much.
46zilzal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply