Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-16-2017, 07:22 PM   #16
Broad Brush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Brittany Eurton is one of the best TVG has ever had in front of the camera.
I really agree with this. You have to know horse racing from the
backstretch side to know what to ask.

I think NBC should contract her out for the Triple Crown and
BC. She is a good face for racing. Somewhat better than say....
Hank Goldberg.
Broad Brush is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2017, 07:50 PM   #17
Fager Fan
Veteran

Interesting point that someone else made. I too enjoy all the women best. Whether it's Donna, Caton, or any of the others named, I like hearing what they have to say. They come off professional and knowledgeable. I could go way back and name another favorite woman commentator in Charlsie Cantey.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #18
Bullet Plane

Brittney is superb. Love everything about her.

She just really raises the bar at TVG. I agree, I'd like to see her on NBC.

At least NBCSN.

Liker her voice, tremendous interviewer, knows horses, horsemen, handicapping. and, if that wasn't enough,

... drop dead gorgeous!
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2017, 09:49 PM   #19
stlseeeek

she's ok, but the worst was the British chick, who was friends with Seal(musician).

She was supposed to be this girl who had lived around horses and she literally knew nothing. Not a thing about the horses.

Back then, the heavier black haired lady who did stuff for LA stations was terrible also.
stlseeeek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2017, 09:57 PM   #20
jimmyb

Gabby Gaudet is dynamite. Very knowledgeable, puts the work in and I love her insight. I believe her family is deep in the horse business. I'd love to see her get a TVG gig.

Last edited by jimmyb; 06-16-2017 at 09:58 PM.
jimmyb is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 08:19 AM   #21
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2017, 09:18 AM   #22
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Wear a nice hat, now dear.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:11 AM   #23
KidCruz

TVG is an easy target for many reasons but as a whole their group of reporters are awesome. Britney, as others have said, and Christina have earned a ton of respect in that SA backstretch and it shows, especially in the morning.

Caleb Keller is great especially at Keeneland. All meet, he interviews lesser known people rather than the people we already know. He constantly hustles to spend a few minutes with the guy trying a couple Canterbury horses or a former assistant just starting out.

Hazelton is also great when he is given his chance too. Belmont Stakes weekend, he was reaching for people like Navarro and the China Horse Club guy when many other reporters, including the national NBC people, stuck the safer interview options.

Like many others, I usually watch TVG on mute but I usually unmute it when someone is being interviewed because I can count on good questions. The reporting on TVG really is the best part of what they do.
KidCruz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2017, 10:37 PM   #24
Rise Over Run
Slope Handicapping ™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
Gabby Gaudet is dynamite. Very knowledgeable, puts the work in and I love her insight. I believe her family is deep in the horse business. I'd love to see her get a TVG gig.
Both parents are trainers and have been very active on the MD circuit for decades. Her dad is much older than mom (by like 25 years) and not sure he trains any more, and her sister is also a trainer. You can tell on the broadcasts that she's spent her entire life around horses and the racetrack. She's very good behind the camera and I really hope she's back up in Saratoga for the Talking Horses segments this summer.

Our learning institutions only want diversity in appearances, not in thoughts.
Rise Over Run is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2017, 06:11 PM   #25
ldiatone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey View Post
can still catch the old HRTV gang Siegel included on xbrtv.com

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 10:21 AM   #26
PointGiven

I agree with a lot of folks here. Britney does an absolutely fantastic job. Christina as well. Great interviews, handicapping as noted. I never get the feeling she just lugged into work like a lot of the others. She enjoys it, and it shows.

But maybe my favorite thing about her ( and Christina) is the studio/desk work. They keep the show on topic, and flowing. Perfect blend of personality and professional. I had to order a new remote from Amazon because I wore out the mute button because of the others. Rambling nonsense, especially during post parades. It's like they are trying to talk about anything but horses.
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 10:33 AM   #27
Jack950

I really like Caton and Britney. They do a great job providing pertinent info one can use.
Jack950 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-05-2017, 11:16 AM   #28
PointGiven

Didn't mean to leave out Caton. Definitely does a super job. And provides great information. Production is what needs revamped at TVG. I get they are trying to find a balance between entertaining and information, to a wide range of viewers. And that's difficult. But if you're got good people on site, use them more instead of so much studio chatter that resembles a morning/ drive time radio show.

They can give information that you can't get anywhere else. An example a while back TC was with her. During the post parade there was a horse TC said I've seen him all summer at Mom. Park. He can beat this bunch. He did, and at a nice price. That's what viewer at home wants. We can't be everywhere and see everything like they can.
PointGiven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply