Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 04-09-2015, 10:43 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Thurs., April 9

I hope someone on the Pace forum hit the Pick-6. What was galling was to have hit 5 out of 6. Ouch!!! It was the "Cornelio and Angel" Show, yesterday. They combined for about 80% of the wins. I'll be back with my selections in about an hour and change. I'll leave you with one thought: "A rose by any other name..."

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2015, 12:03 PM   #2
Teach

Race One:

Felisa was last seen at GP in a maiden-claiming sprint. The slight stretch-out should help. I watched her last race on the GP replay (they have an aerial view). This filly was weaving and meandering her way around the GP oval like a tipsy driver switching lanes on the Long Island Expressway. Yet, she was closing like Silky Sullivan and almost gained second (she finished third). As cited, the half-panel stretch will help. So too might be any moisture. Jeremy Rose is in the irons for J.P., trainer John Parisella. Parisella is particularly good with both “shippers” and horses that have been away from the track for two or three months. Oh, the filly adds blinkers. A “recent-decent” morning work, breezing from the gate, indicates readiness.

Others: Alice and Trixie; Mama’s Red Hot; Q T Bird.

Race Two:

Marriedtomichael is my value play to complete the early double. This lightly-raced A.P. Indy-bred filly is dropping down the claiming ranks. Is this her spot? Yes, agreed, she’s been away from the races for over three months. That’s concerning. Yet, her recent morning work was acceptable. This filly would benefit from any wetness. Her only win came at this distance at Aqueduct last November, that was in 25k claiming company. Jeremy Rose rides for trainer Bruce Brown.

Others: Zippity Zoom; Over My Head; Delightful Erin

Race Three:

Face won easily almost two months ago against somewhat weaker. She remains a bit of a mystery. Was that a flash in the pan? Will she bounce? Or, is this horse, as Marlon Brando would say in “On The Waterfront,” “a contendah”. Maybe the board will tell us something? A few things we do know: The hot as a petardo, apprentice Angel Cruz, is in the irons. We also know that trainer Gary Gullo is having a solid meet. Trainer Gullo is very good with horses that have been away from the races for a couple of months.

Others: Watergate; B.B.’s Remington; R Cardinal One

Race Four:

English Garden finished fifth in a maiden-special on a sloppy track about a month ago. I’m willing to give this A.P. Indy-bred another chance as she stretches out a couple panels. The filly’s recent morning work was good. This filly would certainly benefit from any moisture on the racetrack. The red-hot Angel Cruz rides for Leah “The Preacher” Gyarmati.

Others: Majestic Empire; Rapid Repair; Purrfectly Mine.

Race Five:

Colonel Juanita has been the model of consistency and the subject of recent claims over the last several months. The Tiznow-bred filly’s most recent win came a little over a month ago. This filly has switched from the Danny Gargan barn to Gary Gullo’s. Although on a limited sample, Gullo is very good with horses who are dropping off a win. The razor-sharp Cornelio Velazquez is in the irons.

Others: Taylor Jagger; Rock Show; Da Wildcat Girl

Race Six:

Drum Roll (There’s Cornelio Velasquez, again) faced state-bred allowance company in his last at Parx a little over two weeks ago; he finished fifth. Now, the Majestic Warrior-bred is in with the kind he can handle. The A.P. Indy-bred should appreciate the stretch-out. Trainer Chris Englehart is very good with horses making their third start off a layoff. The aforementioned Cornelio Velazquez is in the irons.

Others: Best Man; First Bid; Son of Dixie

Race Seven:

Enduring Touch is my longshot try here. The Touch Gold-bred filly should benefit from her outside post. Her only win came against 40k claiming company in late December, 2014. At that time, Angel Cruz, her current jockey, was aboard. A recent morning work signals readiness. Any moisture moves this filly up, e,g., Maria’s Mon. John Terranova II trains.

Other: Saluda; She’s Marvy; Patria Querida

Race Eight:

Worbother finished second in a similar race about a month and a half ago. This Sunday Silence-bred gelding just missed in that one finishing second after leading at the top of the stretch. There’s certainly room for improvement against the kind of company that she almost beat. Trainer Jeremiah Englehart does very well with maiden claimers; he’s also good with routes and horses that have been away from the races for two to three months. Jockey Angel Arroyo has the call.

Others: Fictionalcharacter; Ride of Your Life; Black Friday Rush

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply