Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-18-2017, 10:08 PM   #196
Franco Santiago

I dunno...I feel sorry for Vic. I thought he was good at Hol, but something seems to have happened...it's as if he is distracted. It's hard to pinpoint. I hope he's ok.
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2017, 10:12 PM   #197
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Santiago View Post
I dunno...I feel sorry for Vic. I thought he was good at Hol, but something seems to have happened...it's as if he is distracted. It's hard to pinpoint. I hope he's ok.
I sincerely hope his health is ok. Forget everything else.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2017, 11:59 PM   #198
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 12:05 AM   #199
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

AWWWWWWWW..... How cute !!!

Glad the goof is well

Can't wait till his announcing days are over again and he comes back on here to be my best friend again
Old 03-19-2017, 12:48 AM   #200
SuperPickle

Whisperlunch's douche post aside here's my take on Vic.

While clearly Vic's fastball isn't the same it was I find burying him to be a dick move for the simple reason he's owned his performance. Since week one Vic has said he needs to get better. He owned his call in the Rebel today.

From my standpoint if you're not willing to support someone who's struggling at work, admits their struggles and acknowledges the need to do better and is actively trying to improve than that speaks volumes about you as a person not them a tradesperson.
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 12:49 AM   #201
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPickle View Post
Whisperlunch's douche post aside here's my take on Vic.

While clearly Vic's fastball isn't the same it was I find burying him to be a dick move for the simple reason he's owned his performance. Since week one Vic has said he needs to get better. He owned his call in the Rebel today.

From my standpoint if you're not willing to support someone who's struggling at work, admits their struggles and acknowledges the need to do better and is actively trying to improve than that speaks volumes about you as a person not them a tradesperson.
I'm with you on that SuperPickle. Let's have some patience and allowance here.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:02 AM   #202
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
I'm with you on that SuperPickle. Let's have some patience and allowance here.
Im gonna quote this and say this to you the next time you get a bonehead ride from cancel or someone similar....is this some kind of emd imposter?
Mr. Pick 5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-19-2017, 01:14 AM   #203
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pick 5 View Post
Im gonna quote this and say this to you the next time you get a bonehead ride from cancel or someone similar....is this some kind of emd imposter?
Uh oh......
Old 03-19-2017, 01:15 AM   #204
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I was referring to the post where the poster made up the fact that he had a stroke. That wasn't funny as I've been fearing something is up with Vic.

All the other stuff is in bounds, that's out of bounds, know what I mean?

I always call it like it is. No biases with me. (See, I agreed with SuperPickly 10 seconds after he blasted me in another thread with lies).
Old 03-19-2017, 01:20 AM   #205
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME View Post
I was referring to the post where the poster made up the fact that he had a stroke. That wasn't funny as I've been fearing something is up with Vic.

All the other stuff is in bounds, that's out of bounds, know what I mean?

I always call it like it is. No biases with me. (See, I agreed with SuperPickly 10 seconds after he blasted me in another thread with lies).
LOL i mean i call it like it is too...thats why when you said give the guy some allowance about trying to work hard and do better at his job i just had to bring up someone like cancel in this same exact scenario...kinda ironic right

No worries we are still on very good terms...just keeping it real....we know my opinions on vic and theyve been expressed in the past ...couldnt say im surprised with the way things went today...maybe something is up though because youd almost have to be trying to be that bad unless something was wrong.

Im not sure if anyone else has ever noticed this but track announcers seem to have really bad health as an overall occupational group.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:46 AM   #206
dilanesp

Quote:
LOL i mean i call it like it is too...thats why when you said give the guy some allowance about trying to work hard and do better at his job i just had to bring up someone like cancel in this same exact scenario...kinda ironic right

No worries we are still on very good terms...just keeping it real....we know my opinions on vic and theyve been expressed in the past ...couldnt say im surprised with the way things went today...maybe something is up though because youd almost have to be trying to be that bad unless something was wrong.

Im not sure if anyone else has ever noticed this but track announcers seem to have really bad health as an overall occupational group.
Not just track announcers. PA announcers generally. It's a sedentary profession.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #207
Exotic1

Quote:
A little different between a rider screwing up a ride vs. a racecaller's bad call. One costs us money, the other is a distraction. We always have an alternative to the racecaller we don't like - the mute button. Not so much with a bad ride though I'd love to be able cancel my bets mid-race. Of course, the overriding alternative is to not bet.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 12:00 AM   #208
Mr. Pick 5
Veteran

Another big race, another bad call....just hang it up vic, save yourself the embarrassment
Old 04-16-2017, 12:18 AM   #209
SuperPickle

Quote:
Another big race, another bad call....just hang it up vic, save yourself the embarrassment
I was literally just about to post I thought he did a good job today.

You think Pete Ailleo's Arkansas Derby would been better?
SuperPickle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2017, 12:22 AM   #210
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
What was so bad about that? Sounded like he got a little unsure late but he didn't say anything wrong that I heard.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply