Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-19-2015, 03:54 PM   #16
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost

Gay people do not want to wipe out the family, they want to be allowed to raise a family of their own. They do not want to be called parent one and parent two. They want to be called Mommy and Daddy. In these cases there are two mommies or two daddies. I am sure you find that terribly perverted, but it is not.

I know two gay men (Now married) who adopted three boys from Central America. The oldest is now sixteen or seventeen and shows no signs of catching "Gayness" from his fathers. The boys address both men as "Dad" or "Daddy". When talking about their fathers to someone else they call them Dad J or Dad C.
And this is all nice and natural? This is "normal" as gays want to be referred as?
Sometimes you post useful stuff, mosty, but a lot of what you post such as this makes me want to throw up.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 04:45 PM   #17
LottaKash

Quote:
It would serve you well to do some research before you make a statement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...exual_behavior
Interesting enough, but I wonder what the other animals think of all of that aberrant behavior ?....Of course they don't think rationally as we do, so I guess they don't have this moral dilemma going on, as we homo-sapiens do....

That article, tho informative to a degree, didn't change my mind, in this regard, one iota...
Old 08-19-2015, 05:01 PM   #18
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20
Here is the start of the new gay world we will live in. Political correctness is going way further than anyone can imagine. For all the fathers on this board, how does it feel to no longer be a father. I realize this is only one state , but it will spread like the plague. Surprised Tennessee started this.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...?intcmp=hphz03

Gays are cheering the start of wiping out the traditional family.
If you are looking for affirmation from the government on YOUR fatherhood...
then this meme is the only response that comes to me ...
http://i2.wp.com/memecollection.net/...-dad.jpg?w=900

And with regards to "moral dilemmas" .. morality is a highly subjective thing. How do people on this board deal with the morality of using animals for our pleasure, drugging them, selectively breeding them so only speedsters are born with weak legs and other associated issues with horse racing? Any number of people can take various stands on issues but using broad adjectives like moral soley to push one's agenda is not always appropriate.

However, in the interest of broader population, I do agree with this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
.... cross out what doesn't apply on
a form.
In fact, going back to my earlier comment on affirmation labels from the govt (being a non-issue) for actual family dynamics, it is even more efficient to not waste resources changing forms.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg obama-hes-not-your-dad.jpg (36.7 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by iceknight; 08-19-2015 at 05:09 PM.
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 07:17 PM   #19
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt
I get sick and tired of the LGBT or whatever you call it being celebrated and crammed down everyone's throat.
It's happening because LBGT community is actively trying to normalize homosexual and transgender behavior. It's similar to the period on TV and in the movies when they would almost never show a black person as the "bad guy". It was an attempt to break the stereotypes and reprogram America.

It's all social engineering that may or may not have anything to do with statistical or any other reality.

I have a theory on this. I think it sometimes provokes the opposite effect. If you don't mind, I'll use you as an example. I don't think you are at all unusual. I suspect there are loads of people that couldn't care less who is sleeping with who or what they do in bed. But they don't like having it rammed down their throat on every television show every night. So as a result, the LBGT community's attempt to reprogram people's thinking sometimes creates hostility that would never be there except for the fact that they are going way over the top.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 08-19-2015 at 07:32 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 07:21 PM   #20
horses4courses

Quote:
And it does not matter if they are gay, straight or bi.
Then we agree.

Some right-leaners don't feel that gay parents
have the same rights as straight adoptive parents.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.

Last edited by horses4courses; 08-19-2015 at 07:24 PM.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #21
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

God instituted marriage, and defined it as the union of a man and woman.

Funny how man often thinks he/she knows better than our creator.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2015, 11:45 PM   #22
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector
God instituted marriage, and defined it as the union of a man and woman. Funny how man often thinks he/she knows better than our creator.
Actually, marriage has quite the varied history, much of it before your particular creator got ahold of it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4589763.html
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 01:14 AM   #23
Clocker

I don't give a rat's patoot what consenting adults do as long as they do not infringe on the rights of others. But I am seeing increasing evidence of a potential problem in this area.

The potential problem is that children raised in a traditional two-parent heterosexual household appear to have a much lower predisposition to learning and developmental problems than kids raised in other "non-traditional" households.

I don't give a rat's patoot about that either, since they aren't my kids. But as my old math prof used to say, a word to the wise is sufficient. Check it out for yourself.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:52 AM   #24
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
The rest of the world, or much of it at least, sees things differently now.
The vast majority of the world does not see things differently now.
Only the brow beaten politically correct nations of the west, and even many individuals in western countries do not agree with gay marriage.
Don't believe me?
Check out Russia, China, India, Arabia.....and the list goes on and on.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 03:09 AM   #25
iceknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
The vast majority of the world does not see things differently now.
Only the brow beaten politically correct nations of the west, and even many individuals in western countries do not agree with gay marriage.
Don't believe me?
Check out Russia, China, India, Arabia.....and the list goes on and on.
Those four? I am surprised anyone in US wants to be like them.. but I guess if any narrow agenda fits-then north korea/syria/libya would also be on the list then!
iceknight is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #26
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
It's happening because LBGT community is actively trying to normalize homosexual and transgender behavior. It's similar to the period on TV and in the movies when they would almost never show a black person as the "bad guy". It was an attempt to break the stereotypes and reprogram America.

It's all social engineering that may or may not have anything to do with statistical or any other reality.

I have a theory on this. I think it sometimes provokes the opposite effect. If you don't mind, I'll use you as an example. I don't think you are at all unusual. I suspect there are loads of people that couldn't care less who is sleeping with who or what they do in bed. But they don't like having it rammed down their throat on every television show every night. So as a result, the LBGT community's attempt to reprogram people's thinking sometimes creates hostility that would never be there except for the fact that they are going way over the top.
That hits the nail on the head for me. The Caitlyn Jenner thing sent me over the edge. I live in the 3rd world country of Central Virginia where the broadcast radius of your average Sports Talk station is 25 miles. I can only
pick up Espn Radio in my shop if I want to listen to sports talk. Of course
Jenner won a courage award from ESPN and was talked about for hours for
weeks on end on ESPN radio a while back. Also all the ridiculous over the top comments, headline: "Caitlyn Jenner looks "stunning" in an evening gown. Really? Give me a break? Even the photo shopped version looked like
nothing more than a drag queen. A straight male loaded on Viagara who just was released from 20 years in prison would not look twice at Jenner.
Sick of them trying to cram that he-she down our throats.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 11:18 AM   #27
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaKash
Interesting enough, but I wonder what the other animals think of all of that aberrant behavior ?....Of course they don't think rationally as we do, so I guess they don't have this moral dilemma going on, as we homo-sapiens do....

That article, tho informative to a degree, didn't change my mind, in this regard, one iota...
Between this and abortion, we may get rid of libs once and for all.
Old 08-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #28
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceknight
Those four? I am surprised anyone in US wants to be like them.. but I guess if any narrow agenda fits-then north korea/syria/libya would also be on the list then!
I never said that anyone wants to be like them.
They were used to underline the point that the vast majority of people on this planet are not in favor of gay marriages.
Horses4courses more or less claimed the "rest of the world sees things differently now," when in fact the rest of the world doesn't.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 11:59 AM   #29
Marshall Bennett

Depends a lot if you are in favor of traditional values, or this new-wave brand of puke. It's really simple, actually.

Last edited by Marshall Bennett; 08-20-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2015, 12:17 PM   #30
TBD

First and foremost I very rarely attempt to assist others with enlightenment, simply because they fail to assist themselves. However, in this case I feel a compelling need to correct a general misdirection that Mostpost has created. Other species on this planet do not exhibit Homosexual behavior. This is limited to Homo sapiens sapiens. It is improper to project Human behaviors onto other species. The actions other animals display with sexuality have vastly different meanings and within certain respects are not sexual in nature. Moreover they represent dominance or a definition of order within their environment. In fact, to project their actions back onto our behavior might enlighten you. Really Mostpost attempting to use Wikipedia to justify you thoughts on this matter defines your bias on the subject.