Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 07-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #31
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCOURTNEY View Post
MS BAD BEHAVIOR
WAR HEROINE

with

MS BAD BEHAVIOR
WAR HEROINE
FLAMMETTA
DULCE RIDE

I think is underbet - just like at the final table at the NHC this year. Contender.
Can you tell me more of why you liked the ? I had no clue how to rank her.
MadVindication is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #32
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post

Over
Can you tell me why you liked the to fill the bottom of the exotics over the other early speeds?
Old 07-21-2018, 09:57 PM   #33
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadVindication View Post
Can you tell me why you liked the to fill the bottom of the exotics over the other early speeds?

I simply thought she'd be overlooked as a legit contender. She had never really ran a bad race even amid some trouble. Always had her as a non-winner but Exotics horse.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #34
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

Not to speak for BC, but she was the speed of the speed on a favoring speed turf course.

She had already beat the ML favorite, and was taking on many of the same, or less. In my write up, I pretty well had her as my FAV. Speed kills, even on turf.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:15 PM   #35
MadVindication

Quote:
I simply thought she'd be overlooked as a legit contender. She had never really ran a bad race even amid some trouble. Always had her as a non-winner but Exotics horse.
Thanks. I like the "nothing wrong with this horse" angle myself, tho am better at it with dirt races. And you mentioned that the DMR course makes it hard for horses off the pace to make up ground, is this a static character of the track or do you expect it to change as the meet goes on?

Like to add that I really enjoy your write ups and hope to see more, they've proven spot on, nice to read and really helpful.

I tossed the tho they were a strong contender, just because I saw she ran more than four lengths behind the leader in the PPs. Not a bad call for a n00b. So I kept the as she rated only about three lengths behind but maybe I was wrong to disagree with TFUS that she was a closer, I can't really tell. Was so sure that the was an easy winner with how she had won at a hot paced mile and almost wired a 1 1/8 m race. I had/have no idea how to compare SA routes to Del Mar tho, maybe SA is just more friendly to front runners?

Only turf I've played is Woodbine this year and the long stretch makes for impossible results. That I could even pick horses to finish ITM on turf is a surprise to me, and really encouraging. I think Del Mar turf routes could prove almost-easy money with the way their races are constructed. It's almost predicatable as dirt. It's a lot easier to predict midpack runners to do well and leaders who could fade to 3 and 4 when you don't have to worry about closers passing them.

Advice from anyone else reading is welcome/appreciated. As I get to learn the came more there's lots of questions to ask.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:17 PM   #36
GMB@BP

Quote:
Also Peter Miller + Gary Barber + Del Mar aint bad
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2018, 10:29 PM   #37
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

That is a lot to digest, and I do appreciate that you enjoy my write ups.

I'll be writing up another for the Eddie Read.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #38
MadVindication

Quote:
Not to speak for BC, but she was the speed of the speed on a favoring speed turf course.

She had already beat the ML favorite, and was taking on many of the same, or less. In my write up, I pretty well had her as my FAV. Speed kills, even on turf.
Thanks for commenting I had forgot you had singled her out as well. And that was your pick that confused me but instead I just discounted her instead of asking for more questions. I think the from Oceanside biased me against sprinters with good speed figs but now I see the two actually weren't comparable.

If I had bet the horse I liked the name of best I would've won money in this one
Old 07-21-2018, 10:35 PM   #39
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
2nd best overall speed, strong early. This horse has a push button twist and responds well when threatened. I followed this horse immediately at SA after seeing her first race I added her to my watch list, highly regarded, played her at NHC this year as well, she made a strong showing that race as well. Her pace numbers were best for me, with consideration to the turf right now.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2018, 10:37 PM   #40
MadVindication

Quote:
2nd best overall speed, strong early. This horse has a push button twist and responds well when threatened. I followed this horse immediately at SA after seeing her first race I added her to my watch list, highly regarded, played her at NHC this year as well, she made a strong showing that race as well. Her pace numbers were best for me, with consideration to the turf right now.
Thanks. Which site do you use for your watch list?
Old 07-21-2018, 10:44 PM   #41
BCOURTNEY

Quote:
Thanks. Which site do you use for your watch list?
I use my computer at home.
BCOURTNEY is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2018, 10:53 PM   #42
MadVindication

Quote:
I doubt there's a better way to handicapping than watching races and tracking horses. Maybe there's a computer algorithim that can identify a push-button horse who rises to the challenge when threatened in the way physics can detect minute changes in an objects velocity when another object is near but I don't think that's any substitute for our own human observations.
Old 07-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #43
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:

Mad. That is the pure hard reality. Experience. Watching races. And even personal numbers built after years of playing.

That is an NHC championship contender in BCOURTNEY.
Old 07-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #44
papillon

Surprised there are no posts on the San Diego anywhere.

Also surprised at the silence around Todd Schrupp and Simon Bray's post-race ejaculatory coronation of the Sadler horse as the best horse in America despite Justify.

The silence on the zero MTP odds collapse on the 10-1 other Hollendorfer to like 7-2 in the 2 year old race against the winning Hollendofer favorite that the scuttlebutt has said is better than Instagrand, is surprising. Shrupp and Bray were really worked up about that, esp since the odds-drop Hollendorfer probably would have won with just a tad more real estate.

And the absence of discussion on the Looch's exit from the sport precipitated by the disqualification of his winner based on his other horse in the race supposedly blocking for his benefit, despite it being clear that he was going to win regardless and the blocking being subjective.

Last edited by papillon; 07-22-2018 at 04:11 PM. Reason: typos
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2018, 04:17 PM   #45
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by papillon View Post

And the absence of discussion on the Looch's exit from the sport.
where are you talking about?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply