Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 11-20-2015, 08:46 PM   #871
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
Almost every announcer says 'first under the wire' when they see what might be an incident, this is why I was very concerned that stewards are hearing the race calls, not suggesting that they'll ever listen to an announcer to make their final decision, but as fallible human beings their subconscious mind know the announcer thinks a certain way, especially when Durkin used to do the 'first under the wire' stuff, legendary announcer essentially 'suggesting' to hold all to hold all tickets is not something I'm happy to hear if its my horse crossing the line first. Hopefully like everyone has said, judges don't hear the announcer at all, but I still have my doubts as to if this is true for every racing jurisdiction.

Me too
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 08:16 PM   #872
Redhook206

I swear this is my last post regarding the awful DQ from Delta Downs on Nov13 that cost me a huge tri ticket.

I saw a replay of another Delta Downs race from Nov20. It's remarkable how similar the two inquiries are. Middle of the race, slight interference on the rail, etc. One is a DQ and the other no change.

Compare for yourself:
Delta Downs
Race3 Nov13 vs. Race7 Nov20.

Redhook206 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2015, 08:51 PM   #873
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhook206
I swear this is my last post regarding the awful DQ from Delta Downs on Nov13 that cost me a huge tri ticket.

I saw a replay of another Delta Downs race from Nov20. It's remarkable how similar the two inquiries are. Middle of the race, slight interference on the rail, etc. One is a DQ and the other no change.

Compare for yourself:
Delta Downs
Race3 Nov13 vs. Race7 Nov20.

Exact same thing. If anything, this was worse.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #874
Stillriledup
Veteran

DMR judges inconsistent in who blinks.

View the 2 horse in the 5th race on Oct 30 come over at the start and view the 5 horse in the first race on nov 22.

The nov 22 race is not a direct head on, so how much the winner came in after the start is distorted by a severe angle, to me, it looked like the 2 in the 5th on Oct 30 had a more severe 'out of control' veer vs today's winner.

Now, just to be clear, neither runner came down, but one horse blinked and the other horse did not. Why does one blink and the other one not.

Anyone?
Old 11-25-2015, 12:56 PM   #875
SG4

Churchill 1st

Looks like the Churchill stewards are letting them play a little before calling the flag - thought the 1st race today was a definite DQ, but they left it up. Watching the head on I thought the first 2 times they made contact it was equal fault, but towards the latter stage of the race the inside horse really seems to force them out, impeding the runner up. Guess not all even money favorites get moved up.
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2015, 01:47 PM   #876
Kash$
Veteran

Aqueduct

DIDN'T THE 3 IN THE 4TH CAUSED THE CHAOS?
Kash$ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2015, 06:31 PM   #877
no breathalyzer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash$
Aqueduct

DIDN'T THE 3 IN THE 4TH CAUSED THE CHAOS?
I thought the same thing.
no breathalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2015, 04:29 PM   #878
johnhenry81

LOS AL race 2 DQ

Had a triple digit win ticket on #5 Patience Lady who finished 1st in a tight photo, then was DQ'd for interference in the stretch. I just looked to me like a "battle for a loose puck" as we say in hockey. Can I get some objective comments.

jh
johnhenry81 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #879
Stillriledup
Veteran

JH81, Seemed like the 6 refused to win, was on the wrong lead and just didnt want to pass. There was brushing but nothing that cost the 2pf the race. Tough beat.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:44 PM   #880
theiman

There was enough leaning by the 5 on the 6 that it warrented a look and a DQ.
What was interesting was to watch the 5's head one step before the wire. It was almost completely turned to the left. Looks worse on the pan shot vs the head on.
Almost as if Garcia wanted to lose the photo.
theiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #881
appistappis
longshot kick de bucket

these bullshit throw outs are really getting bad....another one at finger lakes again today cost me a nice tri....9th race the 8 is going right on by the 9 who is dead tired but they take the 8 down.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:34 PM   #882
Stillriledup
Veteran

Seemed like a rough DQ at Aqu in the 3rd. Zero chance that comes down at SRU Downs.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:42 PM   #883
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Seemed like a rough DQ at Aqu in the 3rd. Zero chance that comes down at SRU Downs.
Cancel drops the whip at the top of the stretch, goes directly into herding mode, ala the Ortiz Brothers. Only herded and bumped 3 times and 7 lanes worth......I guess that's where the stewards line is, at least we have a template now....
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2015, 02:54 PM   #884
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
Cancel drops the whip at the top of the stretch, goes directly into herding mode, ala the Ortiz Brothers. Only herded and bumped 3 times and 7 lanes worth......I guess that's where the stewards line is, at least we have a template now....
What happened is part of racing, the inside horse was a gritty older runner who wasnt ever letting the youngster go past, the 3 had every shot to get by.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #885
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
What happened is part of racing, the inside horse was a gritty older runner who wasnt ever letting the youngster go past, the 3 had every shot to get by.
At SRU Downs, you'd be right.......There are limitations to what is considered "race riding".
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply