Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-22-2018, 06:59 PM   #811
hcap

More debunking by the libertarian Cato Institute.

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...rceration-rate

In fact, DREAMers have lower incarceration rates than native-born Americans of the same age and education level..

There is a vast body of empirical literature showing that legal and illegal immigrants do not increase local crime rates, are less likely to commit crimes than their native-born peers, and are less likely to be incarcerated than are native-born Americans. There are two broad strands in this research: (a) an area approach that analyzes how immigrants affect crime rates in locations where they settle, and (b) immigrant incarceration rates.9 This is the first brief that estimates the DREAMer incarceration rate.

NEXT !

Last edited by hcap; 06-22-2018 at 07:03 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 07:23 PM   #812
Ocala Mike

hcap, you're making the base's heads hurt, doncha know? All they want to know is when and where is the next rally and how do I get a MAGA cap.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 07:49 PM   #813
fast4522

This is a national disaster and you people who don't work think why do I care, I do not go out of the house. These United States should shut immigration down 100% temporally until the congress does its job. Tell everyone the books are closed and NO one gets in until legislation is agreed upon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_001.jpg (33.8 KB, 6 views)
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 08:15 PM   #814
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That chart shows also that clearly, under obama, the borders were not protected and Trump was spot on when he said we would see a massive influx.

this, of course, was intentional.
Get them here, make a big deal when the Rep gets in, then argue for amnesty, then ignore your agreement and fail to protect the borders.

I've seen this play more often than "It's A Wonderful Life."
Old 06-22-2018, 08:28 PM   #815
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are mangling what I said.
Your stats on population is OVERALL. I showed you population increases or decreases depending upon various factors. Apply these factors proactively, and there is a marked decrease in population. You aer ignorant about China. China's worrying decline in birth rate: China Daily columnist
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...aily-columnist

We can do these things bunky

1-developmenet
Meaning Economic aid

2-I showed you that recently as the world has increased in development overall population has slowed as compared the world before 1950.
Increase the rate of development and less population results.

Also,

4-I mentioned birth control
5-I mentioned education and

6-I said feed the poor.
Basically it comes down to this: It makes economic sense to have lots of kids if you are poor. As people have become more prosperous, the population growth rate has been trending steadily downward.
WE!? You got Wilbur your pet rat in your pocket again!?

The irrefutable fact is that the population of the entire world is increasing and all your social engineering schemes on the planet very likely aren't going to change that. I held China up as a prime example. China's population is still growing, in spite of their better education, more food, birth control, etc., etc., etc.

And furthermore, if you're so confident of your great plan, why can't your social engineering scheme be applied over in the countries that need it? Why do the countries have to come here!?

And one more little "factoid", Humpty: The Left in this country is not concerned one iota -- not one scintilla -- about improving the lives of the masses whom they believe are all asses born to be led around by the nose by elitist leftists. The elite, establishment leftists in this country have one platform and one only -- Identity Politics. And part 'n' parcel of this vile, disgusting platform is getting as many people as possible to believe their horrendous plight in life is due to all the social injustices that have been perpetrated upon them. And they are the VICTIMS of this injustice. And any society that incessantly inculcates victimization mentality into this group, or that group, or this race or that ethnicity, etc., those people very rarely escape from that kind of mental, emotional and psychological bondage to find the inner strength and fortitude and will, if you will, to improve their lot in life by becoming independent, self-reliant, productive members of a society.

So do me a favor: Stuff your social engineering scheme, built upon numerous assumptions, where the sun never shines, especially since it is quite evident from the numbers that the world's population is continuing to grow.

The leftists should send their elite think tanks to all those poor, gang-ridden, violent, starving nations to set up shop and teach them how to survive and even thrive in a heavily over-populated world. Do those social engineering experiments THERE, not here!

More will never equal Less. For this reason, this country doesn't need an endless stream of migrants coming in here. We're the greatest nation on this planet; so we can afford to be very discriminating on who we welcome into this country. I'm all for a merit-based immigration policy. Since the U.S. is the best, we should want to attract the best of the rest of the world.

Ever hear the old horse racing breeding adage: Breed the best to the best and hope for the best? That adage, in principle, should be the backbone to our immigration policy. Attract the best of the other nations and introduce them to the best nation in the world and hope for the best. Do you think Justify, when he retires, is going to be bred to cheap horses or to to "royal" stock like himself?
Old 06-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #816
boxcar

Quote:
More debunking by the libertarian Cato Institute.

https://www.cato.org/publications/im...rceration-rate

In fact, DREAMers have lower incarceration rates than native-born Americans of the same age and education level..

There is a vast body of empirical literature showing that legal and illegal immigrants do not increase local crime rates, are less likely to commit crimes than their native-born peers, and are less likely to be incarcerated than are native-born Americans. There are two broad strands in this research: (a) an area approach that analyzes how immigrants affect crime rates in locations where they settle, and (b) immigrant incarceration rates.9 This is the first brief that estimates the DREAMer incarceration rate.

NEXT !
All those numbers are meaningless until we know the ratio of DACA jailbirds to law-abiding DACAs. And then know the ratio of U.S. citizen jailbirds to the the number of U.S. law-abiding citizens.

Also, under Obama's DACA program, very generous leniency was granted to jailbirds? And for what reason?

https://cis.org/Mortensen/DACA-Grant...-Their-Victims
Old 06-23-2018, 12:15 AM   #817
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Trump constantly screeches and rants about evil immigrants , all murderers, rapists, and members of gangs. Despicable bullshit about we are being infested.

He makes me sick to my stomach.
It doesn't make me sick to my stomach because he never said such things. When you actually listen with your ears and not with the ears of "The Whitest Team Ever":

https://www.cnn.com/specials/politics/politics-our-team

Damn, how white is CNN's team?

A HUGE page of people, and you can basically count the number of non-whites on one hand.

But I digress.
Old 06-23-2018, 12:16 AM   #818
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
This is a national disaster and you people who don't work think why do I care, I do not go out of the house. These United States should shut immigration down 100% temporally until the congress does its job. Tell everyone the books are closed and NO one gets in until legislation is agreed upon.
If that's what the Mexican Prez candidate said, we should respond to "FLOOD THE US" with "BOMB MEXICO"

How else should be respond to an invasion by a foreign force?
Old 06-23-2018, 12:26 AM   #819
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If that's what the Mexican Prez candidate said, we should respond to "FLOOD THE US" with "BOMB MEXICO"

But they are seeking asylum, aren't they?
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2018, 02:57 AM   #820
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
hcap, you're making the base's heads hurt, doncha know? All they want to know is when and where is the next rally and how do I get a MAGA cap.
Any rational person would look at the evidence and admit maybe something is wrong. But the cult is a cult.

On the Bravo Seattle!! thread I provided some tips for Cult Deprogramming.

PA just rephrased these straightforward actual mental health techniques ino a rightie rant about how liberals with their usual propaganda are destroying western civilization, etc, etc. primarily using "who gives a rat's ass? " as a main talking point.

This board has lost it. Boxcar sounds like an illiterate kindergartner, Tom babbles, and PA himself, who I always thought a reasonable man, seems to be scrounging for any defense of Trump he can muster, as true believer mindset wavers nervously.
Old 06-23-2018, 03:33 AM   #821
hcap

All Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Trump constantly screeches and rants about evil immigrants , all murderers, rapists, and members of gangs. Despicable bullshit about we are being infested.

He makes me sick to my stomach.
Quote:
Illegal immigrants 'infest' our country claims Trump in new incendiary attack as White House desperately fights back on the border crisis
Quote:
So I’m all about legal immigration. But the invaders and people who come over our borders and decide to take the law in their own hands, and maybe are supported by a group of people that, for God’s sakes, I don’t know why they would want to do it — it’s evil, it hurts people, and it costs us billions of dollars a year. And they don’t seem to want to pay for it. They want us to pay for it, the other taxpayers.
And who could forget how candidate Trump set up and stroked his cult members?

Old 06-23-2018, 04:05 AM   #822
hcap

Even Alan Dershowitz Doubts.

Old 06-23-2018, 07:59 AM   #823
boxcar

Quote:
Any rational person would look at the evidence and admit maybe something is wrong. But the cult is a cult.

PA just rephrased these straightforward actual mental health techniques ino a rightie rant about how liberals with their usual propaganda are destroying western civilization, etc, etc. primarily using "who gives a rat's ass? " as a main talking point.

This board has lost it. Boxcar sounds like an illiterate kindergartner, Tom babbles, and PA himself, who I always thought a reasonable man, seems to be scrounging for any defense of Trump he can muster, as true believer mindset wavers nervously.
Well...this "illiterate kindergartner" is waiting for replies to my 815 and 816.

And here's more food for thought by way of one of my excellent analogies. I'm going to use a crisis analogy since you whacko leftists claim the world is deep, deep, deep into one crisis or another. So pay attention.

You're at sea on a ship with your family, and the ship gets into trouble and starts to sink. You, your mother, your father, your wife and four kids manage to stay together and lower a lifeboat in to the water and get in it. The life boat is loaded to the max. It's only equipped to accommodate six people, but it now has 8. People are in the rough water all around you either trying to get into your lifeboat or hanging onto it in the water for dear life, but you know that if they succeed they eventually will sink your boat, too! The boat can only hold so much weight.. So, what do you do, Hcap? What would be your priority? Do you attend to the needs of your family first and try to do everything to preserve their life or do you try to save the 30 people or so that are floundering in rough water all around you? Or do you pull a "fair and balanced" act by kicking some of your own family out and replacing them with an equal number of people in the water? Or do you wax really, really brave and kick all your family and yourself off the boat and turn it over to the people in the water to let them fight over it? What would your priority be as a family man and a "compassionate" human being?

Last edited by boxcar; 06-23-2018 at 08:03 AM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #824
boxcar

Quote:

I agree there is something seriously wrong. We're being invaded by migrants who are entering the country illegally. That is wrong. It's criminal behavior!
Old 06-23-2018, 09:14 AM   #825
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

For the record I believe the best response is to not kill. When confronted with a real nuclear, chemical, or biological threat from others and it becomes very clear that it is either us or them killing becomes very easy.

How we treat Mexico should be very direct, certainly not the liberal response.
In short we take a lesson from Israel with a GOOD wall. Anyone caught here illegally process them with full bio-metric identification and place all of them on the other side of the wall and bar them from immigration permanently. Forget Nafta it is a very bad deal that either is fixed or scraped in 90 days.
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply