Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 09-26-2023, 01:11 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Ford stops EV plant construction

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...china-00118037

To quote PA

“NOBODY WANTS YOUR FRIGGIN ELECTRIC CARS”
Old 09-26-2023, 03:49 PM   #2
Stevecsd2

FORD is building a huge EV plant outside of Memphis, TN. I wonder if that will be affected. The State of TN pumped in $1.4 billion of an estimated $5-6 billion for construction costs. I hope they had serious clawbacks in that contract if FORD fails to deliver.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2023, 03:54 PM   #3
JustRalph
Just another Facist

They have a backlog of EV parts. Enough to build 2 years worth of sales. Dealers are refusing deliveries.

NOBODY WANTS THE CARS

I got my info from a dealer sales manager here in north Houston. He told me he has 30 EV’S on his lot and sold 2 last month
Old 09-26-2023, 05:41 PM   #4
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
They have a backlog of EV parts. Enough to build 2 years worth of sales. Dealers are refusing deliveries.

NOBODY WANTS THE CARS

I got my info from a dealer sales manager here in north Houston. He told me he has 30 EV’S on his lot and sold 2 last month
When they are the ONLY Ones that pass emission control standards, EVERYONE will want one...When the price of gas continues to go through the roof (heading there right now since peak oil discovery occurred about 1975)) everyone will want one.

Quote: In a 1956 scientific paper Marion King Hubbert introduced the world to the theory of peak oil where he predicted that US peak oil production would occur between 1965 and 1971 and that global peak oil would occur in the early 2000's.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 09-26-2023 at 05:42 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-26-2023, 05:44 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
When they are the ONLY Ones that pass emission control standards, EVERYONE will want one...When the price of gas continues to go through the roof (heaving there right now since peak oil discovery occurred about 1975)) everyone will want one.

Quote: In a 1956 scientific paper Marion King Hubbert introduced the world to the theory of peak oil where he predicted that US peak oil production would occur between 1965 and 1971 and that global peak oil would occur in the early 2000's.
Peak oil is a joke. The Permian basin has enough oil n gas to support the country for a hundred years and that’s a modest estimate.

Emission control standards are government taxes in reality. Here in Texas we are removing the emission testing in all but a few counties. Studies show it makes no difference
Old 09-26-2023, 07:29 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
When they are the ONLY Ones that pass emission control standards, EVERYONE will want one...
in other words, you embrace fascism...nice

next time you call Donald Trump a fascist, remind me to laugh out loud
Old 09-26-2023, 11:20 PM   #7
xtb

Quote:
When they are the ONLY Ones that pass emission control standards, EVERYONE will want one...When the price of gas continues to go through the roof (heading there right now since peak oil discovery occurred about 1975)) everyone will want one.

You're even dumber than I thought. You think the price of oil is rising because we're running out.
Old 09-27-2023, 12:07 PM   #8
azeri98

I don't think it's so much that people don't want EV's. It's the price of the cars. Just Too expensive.
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 12:09 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The price along with the reduced functionality and convenience = very tough sell
Old 09-27-2023, 01:16 PM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:

The shale reserves in three river valleys in western CO and in the Rockies themselves is best estimated to yield 4.3 trillion bbl's of oil. Add that to the Baaken Shale in ND, SD and eastern MT and you have enough un-fracked oil shale to last us 2041 years. NOT until 2041 but for more than 2 millennia - 2000+ years. And that doesn't include the total of off shore and the Alaska fields.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 01:20 PM   #11
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeri98 View Post
I don't think it's so much that people don't want EV's. It's the price of the cars. Just Too expensive.
I wouldn't want one. I drive 24k miles per year...and I'm retired!

The hassle to charge a vehicle turns me off. And what if we have a power outage (Monday night I had a 200 year old tree in my front yard fall within feet of elect wires).

Bad idea
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 03:02 PM   #12
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post

The hassle to charge a vehicle turns me off. And what if we have a power outage (Monday night I had a 200 year old tree in my front yard fall within feet of elect wires).

Bad idea

Electric cars are really only convenient for people who do not drive much, they have their place. I do not see widespread use of them any time soon.
As for those power lines I do not understand why burying them is not a wide spread practice, especially in heavily wooded areas. If the cost is an issue the money should be easily recouped down the road, no more downed wires during storms and no more tree trimming in remote areas.

Where I live digging sucks, red clay, rocks and big ass tree roots. I saw that when I hired my neighbor to dig a trench 40 yards to my well with his back hoe attachment on his tractor, I was going to replace the plumbing and wiring. The thing was as good as a compact back hoe, it took him most of the day and you could have heard him cussing in the next county.

That being said the power company replaced the wiring to our houses, they have a machine that simultaneously digs and buries. The cable they laid down was obviously way bigger than needed, allowing for future expansion.

I went on an errand run, mind you where I live if you need more that some groceries and a Big Mac meal you will kill 2-3 hours. I left as they were unloading their machine off a flat bed. When I got back they had the 1/4 mile or should I say 2 furlongs to my house buried and connected.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 09-27-2023 at 03:04 PM.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 03:06 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

Quote:
The shale reserves in three river valleys in western CO and in the Rockies themselves is best estimated to yield 4.3 trillion bbl's of oil. Add that to the Baaken Shale in ND, SD and eastern MT and you have enough un-fracked oil shale to last us 2041 years. NOT until 2041 but for more than 2 millennia - 2000+ years. And that doesn't include the total of off shore and the Alaska fields.

Stop throwing solid verifiable facts at liberals, it confuses them. Try pulling crap out of your ass like they do, speak their language.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 04:38 PM   #14
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Electric cars are really only convenient for people who do not drive much, they have their place. I do not see widespread use of them any time soon.
As for those power lines I do not understand why burying them is not a wide spread practice, especially in heavily wooded areas. If the cost is an issue the money should be easily recouped down the road, no more downed wires during storms and no more tree trimming in remote areas.

Where I live digging sucks, red clay, rocks and big ass tree roots. I saw that when I hired my neighbor to dig a trench 40 yards to my well with his back hoe attachment on his tractor, I was going to replace the plumbing and wiring. The thing was as good as a compact back hoe, it took him most of the day and you could have heard him cussing in the next county.

That being said the power company replaced the wiring to our houses, they have a machine that simultaneously digs and buries. The cable they laid down was obviously way bigger than needed, allowing for future expansion.

I went on an errand run, mind you where I live if you need more that some groceries and a Big Mac meal you will kill 2-3 hours. I left as they were unloading their machine off a flat bed. When I got back they had the 1/4 mile or should I say 2 furlongs to my house buried and connected.
Hiya Inner.....
As to your comment about widespread use, I recently read where 20% of all vehicles sold last year were electric. Currently, there is somewhere around 7. million EV on the road in the US.
Now I am not saying I like EV. Personally, I will stay with my Gas truck! lol
But to think it's not a movement, would be a bit naive. As more and more people go electric, you will see the dems move towards making gas vehicles unsustainable (price wise).
Again, I totally disagree with this philosophy as it goes against a free market in my opinion.

https://insideevs.com/news/667516/us...in%20Q1%202022)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-27-2023, 10:11 PM   #15
azeri98

Quote:

Bad idea
That's you. There are plenty of people who don't care if they have a car that runs on gas or electricity as long as they can afford it and it gets them to where they want to go. What if the price of gas goes up to where people can't afford to drive anymore. Eventually it will be cheaper to drive an EV
azeri98 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply