Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-27-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
Bruddah
Veteran

Suppose we have a Triple Crown winner

I am of the opinion if a TC winner were to happen this year, it would be a Crown made of tin. Why? Because this is absolutely the worst crop of 3yo's I have handicapped in 40+ years, of folowing this sport and the Triple Crown. This group compared to last years is "NOT WORTHY" using a phrase from Garth. The winner will have beaten nothing. (JMHO)
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
whyhorseofcourse
Handicapping

Dont bet the derby then.
Dont even watch it. If you are going to complain about the horses then go bet fonner park.
War pass is one of the best horses I have ever seen race.
whyhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #3
Yorker
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhorseofcourse
Yorker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruddah
I am of the opinion if a TC winner were to happen this year, it would be a Crown made of tin. Why? Because this is absolutely the worst crop of 3yo's I have handicapped in 40+ years, of folowing this sport and the Triple Crown. This group compared to last years is "NOT WORTHY" using a phrase from Garth. The winner will have beaten nothing. (JMHO)
Every year we hear the same thing . Wait till they run their races and then complain .
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 12:02 PM   #5
whyhorseofcourse
Handicapping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorker
Whats so funny???
Just because he has lost a few races doenst mean hes still not a stud.
whyhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Bruddah
Veteran

I don't want to spoil it for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyhorseofcourse
Dont bet the derby then.
Dont even watch it. If you are going to complain about the horses then go bet fonner park.

The news will be arriving in your area by the 3rd Saturday in May.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:57 PM   #7
DJofSD
Screw PC

Quote:
OK, enlighten me. Tell me some specific objective criteria that confirms your assurtion. What horses from last years three year old crop are used to compare to what horses in this years three year old crop? Build me a table of factors with quantifiable measurements that I can see in an apples to apples comparison where it will be plain to see you're correct.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #8
The WindfallAngler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruddah
The news will be arriving in your area by the 3rd Saturday in May.
Bruddah, your comment pertained to this year's crop of 3 year olds; War Pass, on the merits, remains a mainstay in this crop, Kentucky nonstarter or no.
The WindfallAngler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #9
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Wouldn't you think that it would be much more likely that at TC occurs in such a year? If there are several good horses then winning a TC is virtually impossible, but if there are just a couple good ones and not much else, it would be easier (but still not easy). Secretariats crop was called bad btw.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 03:36 PM   #10
Norm

I am looking forward to a Tripple Crown winner, our sport needs the publicity. Every year there is a World Series champion, every year there is a Super Bowl winner and once every twenty or thirty years there is a Tripple Crown winner. It is not good for the sport that it happens so seldom.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #11
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Are we supposed to have a Strength of Crop rating to determine if a TC winner is truly qualified? Any horse than can win all of those races is deserving. And, some crops turn out to be stronger in retrospect. Maybe Colonel John.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #12
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Perhaps Bruddah could enlighten us as to exactly how he came to this conclusion at this point in time, and how he compares this year's crop to last year's crop (and please compare late April 2007 to late April 2008....no hindsight bias allowed).
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 06:24 PM   #13
Bruddah
Veteran

PA and all others

1st. I said in my opinion. (I am allowed that even at this site)

2nd Again I referred to my 40+ years of handicapping this series of races. (How many you got kiddies?)

3rd I don't think War Pass is still part of this 3yo crop, which is still able to run for the Roses or Triple Crown. (please read and comprehend above)

4th. I used the comparative to last years 3yo crop. I base it that mainly on Beyers and Bloodline.

You people act as if I attacked God and the Queen. If you want to throw some facts at me before the Derby, as to why this is a WORTHY group, my eyes and ears are opened. That's mainly why I started the topic. Some of you seem to want a p*ssing contest.

Last edited by Bruddah; 04-27-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
ny0707ny

I said last fall this years 3 year olds will be weak. I have only followed the Derby since 2002. This is the worst year I ever seen since then as far as talent goes. I also seen others online say the same thing.

War Pass was the only standout. I hope that some of these others can step up maybe later this year.

I am 95% sure of my Colonel John pick. He is no War Pass, but it does seem he will run a giant race next Saturday. Maybe he can get going and get much better.

Last edited by ny0707ny; 04-27-2008 at 06:31 PM.
ny0707ny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-27-2008, 06:56 PM   #15
Golf and Horses

While I have not been handicapping for 40+ years (17 yrs) I am of the opinion that it's too early to declare whether this 3yo crop is good or bad, most have only 2 or 3 races as 3yo's. Let's give them a chance to develop then decide.

BTW, I'm not convinced War Pass is the best of the crop yet. As a 3yo he has 1 win at 8 furlongs. Again too soon to tell. Just my humble opinion. Rip away