Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-16-2024, 08:42 PM   #1
denniswilliams

How Do Vaccines Cause Autism?

https://www.midwesterndoctor.com/p/h...s-cause-autism
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2024, 08:46 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post
quite the interesting link

46zilzalchatGPT will be along in a few moments to offer insight along with his abundant experience with feet...
Old 03-17-2024, 12:39 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5789217/

Don't need MY OPINION, go to the actual research:
Despite significant progress in the study of the epidemiology and genetics of autism, the etiology and patho-physiology of this condition is far from being elucidated and no curative treatment currently exists. Although solid scientific research continues, in an attempt to find explanations and solutions, a number of nonscientific and pure myths about autism have emerged. Myths that vaccines or mercury are associated with autism have been amplified by misguided scientists; frustrated, but effective parent groups; and politicians. Preventing the protection provided by vaccination or administration of mercury-chelating agents may cause real damage to autistic individuals and to innocent bystanders who as a result may be exposed to resurgent diseases that had already been “extinguished. ” That such myths flourish is a consequence of the authority of scientific evidence obtained by scientific methodology losing ground to alternative truths and alternative science. This article presents a narrative of the origin of the myths around autism.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:02 PM   #4
headhawg
crusty old guy

As much as it pains me to write this, I have to agree with 46z. Show me some journal articles from legitimate medical publications that indicate a link between autism and vaccines. I don't want to read some drivel by an anonymous doctor who makes his case by referring to a book by some author who wants to sell more books. And the link between them -- the correlation -- better be pretty damn high. Statistics 101 students learn about correlations and the third variable problem.

Now if there was actually a study with an experimental group (vaccinated kids) and a control group (non-vaccinated) with a sample size of 1000 or more then color me interested. Otherwise the results could be random error or the researchers drawing questionable conclusions to meet their own agenda. Maybe this type of study has already been done, I don't know. The topic is not important enough for me to investigate further.
Old 03-17-2024, 02:24 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

When the scientific community relies on funding from sources linked to big pharma, how in the world are we going to get fair inquiries into controversial subjects that COULD directly IMPACT the BOTTOM LINE of said big pharma companies OR risk future FUNDING that the scientific community RELIES ON to feed their families?

It's a dirty, incestuous business...which has now led to the lack of trust you currently see in SCIENCE!

It's another problem that cannot be fixed without UPENDING the entire way things are currently done.

You have to ask yourself though..did someone wake up one day and just say hey, I think I'll dream up some wacky scheme whereby I try and link autism to childhood vaccines...cause there's a topic everyone would be interested in...LOL
Old 03-17-2024, 02:56 PM   #6
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

You got all that from an article by "a midwestern doctor" on a website that is click bait for you to subscrine?
Old 03-17-2024, 03:10 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Two known facts, the rates of autism are up an alarming amount and it appears no expert can agree on what is causing it or what is the most likely cause of autism.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2024, 05:02 PM   #8
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Two known facts, the rates of autism are up an alarming amount and it appears no expert can agree on what is causing it or what is the most likely cause of autism.
I seriously doubt it has s single etiology
Old 03-17-2024, 11:15 PM   #9
Jeff P

Location: JCapper Platinum: Kind of like Deep Blue... but for horses.
Childhood vaccination study by Brian S. Hooker and Neil Z. Miller published June 12, 2021:

Health effects in vaccinated versus unvaccinated children, with covariates for breastfeeding status and type of birth:
https://oatext.com/pdf/JTS-7-459.pdf

Quote:
Abstract
Using survey data from respondents associated with three medical practices in the US, vaccinated children were compared to unvaccinated children for the incidence of severe allergies, autism, gastrointestinal disorders, asthma, ADHD, and chronic ear infections. All diagnoses were based on parental reporting with chart review for confirmation of diagnoses. Cases were stratified with non-cases based on year of birth and sex, and compared using a logistic regression model which also accounted for breastfeeding status and type of birth (vaginal versus cesarean section). Vaccinated children were significantly more likely than unvaccinated children to be diagnosed with severe allergies (OR = 4.31, 95% CI 1.67 - 11.1), autism (OR = 5.03, 95% CI 1.64 - 15.5), gastrointestinal disorders (OR = 13.8, 95% CI 5.85 - 32.5), asthma (OR = 17.6, 95% CI 6.94 - 44.4), ADHD (OR = 20.8, 95% CI 4.74 - 91.2), and chronic ear infections (OR = 27.8, 95% CI 9.56 - 80.8). Vaccinated children were less likely to be diagnosed with chickenpox (OR = 0.10, 95% CI 0.029 - 0.36). Children who were "vaccinated and not breastfed" or "vaccinated and delivered via cesarean section" had the highest rates of adverse health outcomes. In this study, higher ORs were observed within the vaccinated versus unvaccinated groups for several adverse health conditions. Further research is essential to understand the full scope of health effects associated with childhood vaccination.
From the Results section:
Quote:
Fully vaccinated versus unvaccinated children, with covariates:
Results from the logistic regression analysis of fully vaccinated children (“vaccines up-to-date”) versus unvaccinated children are shown in table 5. This model included covariates for breastfeeding status and type of delivery as well as strata for year of birth and sex. A consistent association was seen for all health conditions studied. Children up-to-date with their vaccines were significantly more likely than unvaccinated children to be diagnosed with severe allergies (OR = 4.31, 95% CI 1.67 - 11.1), autism (OR = 5.03, 95% CI 1.64 - 15.5), gastrointestinal disorders (OR = 13.8, 95% CI 5.85 - 32.5), asthma (OR = 17.6, 95% CI 6.94 - 44.4), ADD/ADHD (OR = 20.8, 95% CI 4.74 - 91.2), and chronic ear infections (OR = 27.8, 95% CI 9.56 - 80.8). The OR for chickenpox, our positive control, reflected the protective effect of vaccination with a significant relationship (OR = 0.10, 95% CI 0.029 - 0.36).
Table 5:
Quote:
The authors found that children who were up-to-date with their vaccines (based on the childhood vaccination schedule) were many times more likely to be diagnosed with all but one of the health conditions studied than unvaccinated children - including a 5X increased risk for Autism.

The lone exception was Chicken-Pox where the authors reported a protective effect from the Chicken Pox vaccine.

Tables 6, 7, and 8 reporting partially vaccinated vs. unvaccinated, any vaccine vs. unvaccinated, and all cohorts grouped together each show a statistically significant link between childhood vaccines and Autism:

Quote:

The authors ended the Conclusions section of the study with the following paragraph:
Quote:
The findings in this study must be weighed against the strengths and limitations of the available data and study design. Additional research utilizing a larger sample from diverse medical practices will yield greater certainty in results, essential to understanding the full scope of health effects associated with childhood vaccination.

-jp

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hooker-Table8.JPG (60.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Jeff P; 03-17-2024 at 11:23 PM.
Jeff P is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-18-2024, 02:04 PM   #10
46zilzal
velocitician

Your analysis shows the holiness of biased data: correlation NEVER means CAUSE and EFECT
Old 03-18-2024, 02:13 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Your analysis shows the holiness of biased data: correlation NEVER means CAUSE and EFECT
The "scientific" community should dismiss it out of hand and not want to do any additional research...I agree

Burying your head in the sand to avoid massive litigation and continue to collect massive profits is definitely the way to go.

Fuck the masses. Especially the children...fuck them too...

I'm with you 46zilzal
Old 03-18-2024, 03:10 PM   #12
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The "scientific" community should dismiss it out of hand and not want to do any additional research...I agree

Burying your head in the sand to avoid massive litigation and continue to collect massive profits is definitely the way to go.

Fuck the masses. Especially the children...fuck them too...

I'm with you 46zilzal

Another MD clown parroting 'correlation does not imply causation'. That's the thing to do these days. PROBLEM is none of these fuckers every took a logic or critical thinking course AND none knows SHIT ABOUT NUTRITION.

All they're good at is practicing DATED PROTOCOLS so they can cover their ass in case of a fuck up. 'I didn't do anything wrong. I followed standard procedure.' If you don't fit into their treatment prototype, they can't/won't do shit for you. And they love dispensing their drugs.

I reached out to my pulmonologist to see about helping me with an exemption for covid. She shit her pants at the mere mention of going against what all her peers were doing. Even though she knew vaxxing was not in my best interests.

Wastes
Old 03-18-2024, 03:28 PM   #13
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post
I reached out to my pulmonologist to see about helping me with an exemption for covid. She shit her pants at the mere mention of going against what all her peers were doing. Even though she knew vaxxing was not in my best interests.

Wastes
But they want you to TRUST THE SCIENCE!
Old 03-18-2024, 03:47 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So you are saying stop vaxing for small pox, polio.......
When I was kid in the 50s, polio was very prevelent. Saw it every day.
My cousin hd it.
Old 03-18-2024, 03:48 PM   #15
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
But they want you to TRUST THE SCIENCE!

if you're Newton do you trust Aristotelian physics?

If you're Einstein do you trust Newtonian physics?

See a pattern.

Here's something to think about. Eric Adams, NYC mayor, is about as big a dumbass as you'll ever find. And being a dumbass, he was afflicted with the #1 dumbass disease for his age/race: Type 2 Diabetes.

But even a preeminent dumbass like Adams knew he had to do something or he'd end up blind. So he FINALLY said SEE YA to DATED PROTOCOL MEDICINE, booked a visit with Esselstyn, got on a healthy diet and reversed his diabetes. Plenty of doctors around that can reverse type 2 diabetes. But not too many people know about them. Most diabetics have DATED PROTOCOL DOCTORS. And you know what: the medical community loves it that way. Why would they cure you when they can?

Last edited by denniswilliams; 03-18-2024 at 03:50 PM.