Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 02-02-2024, 03:19 PM   #1
zico20

HOLY BULL STAKES

The return of Fierceness is upon us. He is in against seven overmatched rivals. His ML is 3-5 but I see him ending at 2-5. The good news is there are four locals who are coming out of the same race so we can get a read on them. The bad news is you have a cheap undefeated horse also from Gulfstream and two New York horses coming off of blow out losses in G2 company.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:34 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

Fierceness - Should run well and may sit on or near a soft pace.

Otello - Very reliable exotics add.

Not a bad horse in the race. I wouldn't be shocked if either of the two morning line Longshots Dancing Groom (30/1), or Sea Streak (20/1) finished in the pentafecta.
Old 02-03-2024, 07:21 AM   #3
PalaceOfFortLarned

Fierceness looks to completely overwhelm this field. The BC Juvy he ran was an absolute monster as he romped away to a 6+ length victory in an extremely solid 1:41.4 time for a 2YO in his 3rd outing. Obviously the one to beat.

The one I'm interested in seeing is Hades. Not exactly regal breeding in which only $4K was needed for the pump, but did sell for $130K. First 2 career races brought in $63K in a months time and now stretches out to 2 turns. Has shown he can pass all his rivals or simply run away and hide on the front end. I like the jump here to see what they really have.

No More Time is also a bit interesting. Not This Time has shown up quite nicely as a sire on the Triple Crown trail the past few years. Last out was a bit ugly, but his first two were pretty solid. Can he rebound with a better start and trip this time out?

Doesn't look to be a great wagering race, but maybe a stab on the if I can get 10/1 or better.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2024, 09:51 AM   #4
bisket

I don't see Fierceness losing until the Derby. Where I'll be looking to beat him. Here's hoping Hades is a nice horse and Orseno has a shot at another triple crown win. It's been quite awhile since Red Bullet won the Preakness.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2024, 12:09 PM   #5
groupie doll

supposed scratch and run at Tampa... if he stats in I like him underneath.
I love the stretching out, but this is the race to lose. If he breaks sharp he is likely gone.
Though I do hope Clement can get a good Derby-type horse one of these years; that may or may not be Otello.
groupie doll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-03-2024, 05:25 PM   #6
Robert Fischer
clean money

i pretty much bet what i said 7/3/all/48 w/ possible bonuses
Old 02-03-2024, 05:35 PM   #7
PalaceOfFortLarned

With the SCR of the , maybe I'll throw a little at the

Looks like a pass and watch.

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 02-03-2024 at 05:36 PM.
Old 02-03-2024, 05:57 PM   #8
PalaceOfFortLarned

Hades

Gets it done.

Paco with his normal 'aggressive' riding gets him home
Old 02-03-2024, 07:15 PM   #9
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Nice call on the
Old 02-03-2024, 11:58 PM   #10
burnsy
self medicated

That horse took the rail from the one hole and commanded a nice easy pace forcing the chalk wide . It was a great ride. The announcer calls Fierceness hasn’t hit second gear yet when really Hades hadn’t yet . Once the real running commences it’s not even close as Hades strides out . Time off and a little over confident……they got schooled . This horse is no joke . With that pace he never had to go til the end . Sucker punched and underestimated. The favorite was pretty much the only one that wanted any part of this horse . Back to the drawing board . Done stole it and looked pretty good stretching out .
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2024, 02:27 AM   #11
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
That horse took the rail from the one hole and commanded a nice easy pace forcing the chalk wide . It was a great ride. The announcer calls Fierceness hasn’t hit second gear yet when really Hades hadn’t yet . Once the real running commences it’s not even close as Hades strides out . Time off and a little over confident……they got schooled . This horse is no joke . With that pace he never had to go til the end . Sucker punched and underestimated. The favorite was pretty much the only one that wanted any part of this horse . Back to the drawing board . Done stole it and looked pretty good stretching out .
It was a nice win, but damn is that time bad. 1:46.07 is THE 2nd slowest time in stakes history at the 8.5F distance. Only Booklet ran slower in 2002. We all remember Booklet right?

The track was not that slow. At least not earlier. The fillies slowed down tremendously 2 races before at 7F while going out in fast fractions. These boys went out in :50 and change and continued to slow roll. Middle of the road $75Kers went 1:37 and change in R6. That is a massive change within a couple of hours.

Obviously the track had to drastically change. Fierceness has ran really fast. He headed the winner, and simply faded and had nothing left. We have to give the some solid credit on that end, but damn, 1:46 and change is tough to look past.

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 02-04-2024 at 02:32 AM.
Old 02-04-2024, 02:58 AM   #12
woodbinepmi

It will be interesting how all the number boys deal with that slow time.
Old 02-04-2024, 04:03 AM   #13
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbinepmi View Post
It will be interesting how all the number boys deal with that slow time.
Our family friend in CJ laid it down

Old 02-04-2024, 10:00 AM   #14
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
It was a nice win, but damn is that time bad. 1:46.07 is THE 2nd slowest time in stakes history at the 8.5F distance. Only Booklet ran slower in 2002. We all remember Booklet right?

The track was not that slow. At least not earlier. The fillies slowed down tremendously 2 races before at 7F while going out in fast fractions. These boys went out in :50 and change and continued to slow roll. Middle of the road $75Kers went 1:37 and change in R6. That is a massive change within a couple of hours.

Obviously the track had to drastically change. Fierceness has ran really fast. He headed the winner, and simply faded and had nothing left. We have to give the some solid credit on that end, but damn, 1:46 and change is tough to look past.
Yeah , the weather was perfect down here yesterday. About 76 degrees, no clouds , no real breeze . I was sitting in the paddock so I didn’t see anything on the track between races . The race was slow so all these participants are going to have to show more . Fierceness really didn’t do himself any favors , that was a regression. Hold your hats today the weather right now looks like all hell is gonna break loose.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-04-2024, 03:53 PM   #15
bisket

The outside post at 1 1/16 mile leading to poor position the entire race for Fierceness. You have the points for the Derby do you want to use him hard to win first race back and possibly affecting his form in a few months. This is an unusual race for Pletcher. His horses would usually try to win a race like that. Has he finally learned to go for the big race at the expense of a graded win….?
I’ve noticed Gulfstream has been playing different since they put the Tapeta in. I wonder if they changed the composition of their dirt track. Only thing I can think of why the track played slower later in the day is they didn’t water it…?
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply