Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 07-31-2013, 11:21 AM   #1
Teach

Saratoga Picks: Wednesday, July 31

Race One:

Sinorice drops down into a spot in which he can win. Could do little in the slop nearly three months ago at Belmont. Race prior to that at GP he was all over the place. He was eventually guided to the outside and ended up in the four path. Expended much energy. Little match in that one to the top-two finishers. Appears to like Saratoga strip. Jose Lezcano for Nick Zito. Won at “The Spa” almost a year ago to the day in this company.

Also: Ea, Sovereign Default, Kings Village

Race Two:

Carla Sweetrevenge cuts back a furlong and gains the services of Jose Lezcano. This daughter of Stephen Got Even will enjoy the one-panel cutback. Should be on or near the lead.

Also: Hot Stones, Gloria Victoria, Run To Mama

Race Three:

Caxambas Pass switches back to the lawn after failing to hit the tote in a race run on the main track about a month and half ago at Belmont. The red-hot Joel Rosario is in the irons for trainer “Shug” McGaughey. In late May, this Tiznow-bred filly came on late to finish third. The added distance will help.

Also: Perfect Package, Neolexia, Winning Scoop

Race Four:

Thescreenisred should have it all his own way on the inside in this turf sprint. Just a case of jockey Javier Castellano rationing out her speed. Won her last. Fife for five on the board on the turf.

Also: Lisini, Karakorum Elektra, Rakin Gold

Race Five:

Moves Your Soul is my long shot try in this maiden-special sprint. The daughter of Jump Start must leave if she’s to have any chance. If she’s forwardly placed on the far turn this Louie Roussel-owned, Bill Badgett, Jr.-trained A.P. Indy-bred distaffer has a chance of springing the upset.

Also: Old Harbor, Canal Six, Lavender Road

Race Six:

Harrods Creek, a 6-year-old Langfuhr-bred horse, won the JohnsCall last year with - I might add - the same jockey, Junior Alvarado. Does history repeat itself? The conditioner is Hall Of Fame trainer, Bill Mott.

Also Side Road, Hyper, Quick Casablanca

Race Seven:

West Coast Chick has had a sharp morning work-tab leading up to her first pari-mutual start. This is a solidly bred daughter of Malibu Moon. Rosie Napravnik has the call for trainer Nick Zito.

Also: Rachel's Temper, Ocean Boulevard, Reversiontothemean

Race Eight:

Valiant Girl has a win and a second after shipping across “The Pond”. The Lemon Drop Kid-sired filly has been away from the races for over three months; yet, her steady morning work-tab indicates she should be ready for her sojourn on the lawn.

Also Orion Moon, Tabreed

Race Nine:

Assured looked like a world-beater in breaking her maiden at Belmont a month and a half ago, Was this well-bred daughter of Empire Maker “a flash in the pin” or is she for real? I’m going to say she’s got game. Junior Alvardo for Bill Mott.

Also: Sister State, Galloping Giraffe, Grand Mere

Race Ten:

Imanindianoutlaw hasn’t raced since last November at Laurel. She has, however, faced better. She’s one for two on the turf. In a wide-open race, I see this daughter of Cherokee’s Boy as having a solid chance. Cornelio Velasquez for Rudy Rodriguez.

Also: Wellspring Legacy, Saropia, Chelsea Road

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
lamboguy

race 5 #2 HONEYCHILD without the bleeding medication is my pick for this race.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
PhantomOnTour
C'est Tout

Already a ton of threads with sar selections so I will just jump in this one if it's cool with y'all.

Sar R1 - going with the who is fast enough to win it. Barn kind of cold and takes a big drop. Ranks right there with the as the top fig horse.
Blinks stay on, runs well under Jose, price is right at 4-1.

ex:
4-2
2 w 1-4-5
win:
Old 07-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
lamboguy

i will keep up with this thread

race 3 #7 RARE PENNY

race 7 # 4 MAGSAMELIA----this one should be lights out
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply