Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
bigmack

Canadians are a hoot to vex 'cause they're so thin-skinned about where they fit in the grand scheme of things. I think it's cause us Yanks stole all their thunder. Typically when I meet Canadians (and there are many in SoCal) I give their hair a little scruff and a pat on the head. Nice enough bunch.

Beauhtiful topography on the western part of that country.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #17
keilan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Yes, you have been hyper-sensitive, and no doubt proud, as you should be.

I'm glad you've gotten a glimpse of how people really feel, as I've felt you've taken the negative comments you've encountered and painted us all with a broad brush.
I'm not wrong about you and hamburger-boy!! You made a conscious decision that it was cute for another member to say what they liked about us and for that you'll always be someone that disgusts me........

To the other posters
keilan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2012, 11:54 PM   #18
ElKabong

unbelieveable.....
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 04:04 AM   #19
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan
I'm not wrong about you and hamburger-boy!! You made a conscious decision that it was cute for another member to say what they liked about us and for that you'll always be someone that disgusts me........

To the other posters
Does that make Mack a racist or just a neighbor with poor manners?

Boxcar
Old 01-29-2012, 11:01 AM   #20
Rookies
Canadian since 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Does that make Mack a racist or just a neighbor with poor manners?

Boxcar
No, it makes Burger Boy, Eye of Newt- Lite. Ya know, always conjuring up that he's the smartest boy in the room. Rather, and with a nod to Joe Scarborough, this thought is most apropos:
"If you go somewhere and Newt Gingrich is the smartest guy in the room — leave that room!”
Back on topic, nowithstanding any change which may come in the future, the common theme of both great countries is known as the "world's longest undefended border", a fact highlighted in Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_..._States_border. It came about, as a result of the aftermath of the crushing of the U.S. invasion of Canada in the War of 1812.

As issues come and go over the years, U.S. governments have held a view that that our close friendship means marching lockstep with American foreign policy and American interests. Canadians, and normally their government, have an unalterably different opinion; that a close ally does not mean a toady or lapdog. And so, we've differed- respectfully.

And it is a source of profound irritation, that given the geographic proximity, most Canadians (at least when I was growing up) knew 100x more about America, than the converse. To whit, (and this is from a 2009 thread here) one ignorant tool said this:
" What has Canada ever done for the good of the world, except ride on other country backs. How many young men have gave there life, from Canada?"

You'd have to live under a rock to post something so profoundly foolish and stupid, especially about one of Canada's strong suits, highlighted at the beginning of the thread here. In response, I said the following:

You do realize that Canada, under the auspices of the British,was trying to hold serve against tryanny during the first World War and against one of the world's worst monsters ever in the latter. Where was America ? On the sidelines for half the wars being "neutral", with known fascist sympathizers like Ford and Joe Kennedy, holding sway for a long period of time.
Try googling these words: Ypes,The Somme, Vimy Ridge, Passchendaele (WWI Canada's total casualties were 67,000 killed and 173,000 wounded), Battle of Britain, Dieppe, Juno Beach, the "Devil's Brigade", the Scheldt (WW2- 45,000 lost their lives and another 54,000 were wounded).
Oh and this place: Kandahar. I'm sure you've hard of that place ! Next time, when you're trying to rat out America's longest and closest ally, get a clue.

I have made my own bed- literally- by marrying one (an American) for now, 40 years! This after pursuing a University degree, largely based in U.S. History and Pol Science. And of course, because of it, I have visited the U.S in triple figures over some 45 years. Indeed, I've been with/around Americans for so long, that most people who meet me for the first think I am one. Given the fact that I have been through all regions of the country and met all types of people, I am able to advise Canadians (some with a distinctly anti-American bias) that Americans do not.... again... do not, represent the classic archetype of the 'Ugly American'.

While the vast majority of Americans I've met are obviously proud of their country, they are not proud of it every day, and do not believe that it has the answers to everything and all the time. For me, most are quiet, reasoned, rationale about their government, their lives, their hopes and aspirations- just like Canadians.

Last edited by Rookies; 01-29-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Rookies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #21
ElKabong

kinda had the feeling this thread was started to poke 500 lb gorillas in the ribs. Looks like I was right.

"Dogs bark as the train rolls by", as they say....

It's 65 degrees and sunny here, I'm going out and enjoy the weather...Have a great day!
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 02:43 PM   #22
keilan
Veteran

"A lesson in the unimportance of self-importance”

This is the transcript of a radio conversation of a US naval ship with Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. Radio conversation released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-95.

Americans: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a Collision.
Canadians: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.
Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.
Canadians: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.
Americans: This is the aircraft carrier USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States' Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that YOU change your course 15 degrees north, that's one five degrees north, or countermeasures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.
Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

The above is clearly urban legend but serves as a reminder to those that feel entitled only because of their citizenship or the 'infallibility' of power."

I recently sat in attendance watching the “world junior’s”. Regardless who the US team played against 19,000 fans cheered for the other team. It wasn’t like we feared playing against the US team later in the tournament but rather a way of us objecting to the disrespect we’re shown far too often.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been on this board and witnessed members sit behind their keyboards typing despicable things about us. It’s not funny! Mike is the “Joe Paterno” of this board – a man that could act but chooses to turn the other way!

This thread wasn’t started with any agenda in mind but hopefully some of you reading this thread will take pause before you post.
keilan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #23
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
... a reminder to those that feel entitled only because of their citizenship or the 'infallibility' of power."

Quote:
Regardless who the US team played against 19,000 fans cheered for the other team.

Quote:
Mike is the “Joe Paterno” of this board !

Quote:
This thread wasn’t started with any agenda in mind ...

You sound upset that everyone supported you and your misguided, hyperbolic characterizations of Americans here wasn't demonstrated.

I love Canada. Sorry.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #24
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
So people should only be allowed to express opinions on Canada only if they first pass your approval?

Unreal...is that how freedom of speech works up north?

When did *I* ever say a bad word about Canada? And I disgust you?

Go screw yourself. How's that?

Next time you beg me to let you back on here, I'll remember to tell you to go screw yourself again.

I have no idea why I let people who were banned back on here...

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-29-2012 at 03:50 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
TJDave

You Canadians are no fun when you poke back.

You need to stop that.
TJDave is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

And I hope my response to this POS was "Ugly American" enough for him...don't want to ruin any of the stereotypes he has in his hyper-sensitive head.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:51 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh, and by the way, my original reply did not say "go screw yourself"...it had something much nicer...

But I edited myself because I need to set an example around here...
Old 01-29-2012, 03:52 PM   #28
ArlJim78

Quote:
I recently sat in attendance watching the “world junior’s”. Regardless who the US team played against 19,000 fans cheered for the other team. It wasn’t like we feared playing against the US team later in the tournament but rather a way of us objecting to the disrespect we’re shown far too often.
way to show us how to be respectful and kind to other nations.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 06:57 PM   #29
bigmack

Can you imagine a day in the life of this schnook? Resentment over another country overshaddowing The Great White North.

Rookies involvement and the whole 'BurgerBoy' thang put a nice cherry on this most delectable, hilarious sundae.

You Kanooks are a wild bunch. Careful of ones like Kielane, the ultimate schnook.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-29-2012 at 07:28 PM.
bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #30
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Oh, and by the way, my original reply did not say "go screw yourself"...it had something much nicer...

But I edited myself because I need to set an example around here...
Dang, does that mean I can't bypass the censor by substituting a "v" from now on?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply