Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-12-2024, 07:05 PM   #1
46zilzal
velocitician

Bravo!

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...eeing-a-doctor

Subluxations anyone?

"Science" discovered by a grocer (Palmer) who supposedly "cured" his handyman (a Mr. Lillard) of being deaf by "popping" his spine. Only problem is the 8th cranial never leaves the cranium

The chiropractic industry owes its existence to a ghost. Its founder, David Palmer, wrote in his memoir The Chiropractor that the principles of spinal manipulation were passed on to him during a séance by a doctor who had been dead for half a century. Before this, Palmer was a “magnetic healer”.

Last edited by 46zilzal; 03-12-2024 at 07:10 PM.
46zilzal is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 09:07 PM   #2
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post

Subluxations anyone?

"Science" discovered by a grocer (Palmer) who supposedly "cured" his handyman (a Mr. Lillard) of being deaf by "popping" his spine. Only problem is the 8th cranial never leaves the cranium

The chiropractic industry owes its existence to a ghost. Its founder, David Palmer, wrote in his memoir The Chiropractor that the principles of spinal manipulation were passed on to him during a séance by a doctor who had been dead for half a century. Before this, Palmer was a “magnetic healer”.
I was only diagnosed with heart disease after I applied for preferred insurance rates. The insurance company told me I was in heart failure even though I was having doctor's appointments every six months.

I had been telling the doctor that I had high blood pressure because it would read about 155/90 when he went for an appointment. He said my blood pressure was normal.

After I was told of the heart failure I made an appointment with the doctor for the next day.

They performed an echocardiogram and told me I had had a heart attack. I remember when it happened but didn't know it was a heart attack. It had happened about a year before.

I asked them why it wasn't detected before and they told me they just treat the symptoms.

Color me not impressed.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 09:49 PM   #3
46zilzal
velocitician

Sample error
Old 03-12-2024, 09:51 PM   #4
garyscpa

Quote:
Sample error
All I know is the insurance company did a better job with a simple blood test.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 10:03 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:

Subluxations anyone?

Please forgive me if I have told this story here before:

Some years ago, my then 18 year-old niece, who was a softball pitcher in high school, experienced a medical condition that no doctor that we consulted had ever seen before. Her right hand kept twisting back and forth at the wrist, while her entire right arm would at the same time continually go up and down, from her waist to over her shoulder. And this twisting and up and down movement of her arm would continue 24 hours a day, even while she slept...for a matter of MONTHS. My horrified sister took the kid to 2 hospitals...and no doctor there could determine what was wrong with her. Finally, some hotshot doctor at the University of Chicago Hospital determined that the kid was undergoing some form of paralysis which would eventually leave the kiid confined to a wheelchair for life. My sister was advised by this doctor to remove the kid from the "normal" high school that she was attending...and to move her to a half-school, half-hospital establishment, where the kid could "receive the medical attention that she needed".

When my horrified sister took a few days to make up her mind on what to do about this shocking situation...the same doctor called her up and chastised her for delaying with her decision, telling her that any further delay on her part would only result in a quicker paralysis for her daughter. This doctor even went as far as telling my sister that any further delay of hers could only be an indication of "irresponsible parenting".

It was at this time that someone recommended a Mexican chiropractor to my sister, by telling her that this chiropractor was extremely efficient in treating problems of all kinds. My sister asked for my advice, and I told her that she had nothing to lose by taking her kid for one more medical opinion. When my sister wondered aloud how a Mexican chiropractor could come up with a solution to a medical issue that no "real doctor" could come up with, I again suggested to her that she had nothing to lose by going to one more "professional"...and I offered to pay for the kid's chiropractor visits. I forget if this chiropractor charged $100 or $200 per visit.

To make a long story shorter...my sister took the kid to this chiropractor, and my niece was completely cured after only two visits. She has remained perfectly normal for over a decade now...and she was engaged to be married 3 days ago. And, since my sister was "too nice" a person, I took it upon myself to visit that doctor at the Univesity of Chicago Hospital...so I could tell him that his medical degree could best be used as toilet paper.

Last edited by thaskalos; 03-12-2024 at 10:05 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 10:29 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You have many redeeming qualities Thask...the above story is just one of them.

Warms my heart to read stuff like that.

One question though...can you get any more obscure than "Mexican chiropractor"???? LMAO

Who discovered this person? And how?
Old 03-12-2024, 11:01 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Please forgive me if I have told this story here before:

Some years ago, my then 18 year-old niece, who was a softball pitcher in high school, experienced a medical condition that no doctor that we consulted had ever seen before. Her right hand kept twisting back and forth at the wrist, while her entire right arm would at the same time continually go up and down, from her waist to over her shoulder. And this twisting and up and down movement of her arm would continue 24 hours a day, even while she slept...for a matter of MONTHS. My horrified sister took the kid to 2 hospitals...and no doctor there could determine what was wrong with her. Finally, some hotshot doctor at the University of Chicago Hospital determined that the kid was undergoing some form of paralysis which would eventually leave the kiid confined to a wheelchair for life. My sister was advised by this doctor to remove the kid from the "normal" high school that she was attending...and to move her to a half-school, half-hospital establishment, where the kid could "receive the medical attention that she needed".

When my horrified sister took a few days to make up her mind on what to do about this shocking situation...the same doctor called her up and chastised her for delaying with her decision, telling her that any further delay on her part would only result in a quicker paralysis for her daughter. This doctor even went as far as telling my sister that any further delay of hers could only be an indication of "irresponsible parenting".

It was at this time that someone recommended a Mexican chiropractor to my sister, by telling her that this chiropractor was extremely efficient in treating problems of all kinds. My sister asked for my advice, and I told her that she had nothing to lose by taking her kid for one more medical opinion. When my sister wondered aloud how a Mexican chiropractor could come up with a solution to a medical issue that no "real doctor" could come up with, I again suggested to her that she had nothing to lose by going to one more "professional"...and I offered to pay for the kid's chiropractor visits. I forget if this chiropractor charged $100 or $200 per visit.

To make a long story shorter...my sister took the kid to this chiropractor, and my niece was completely cured after only two visits. She has remained perfectly normal for over a decade now...and she was engaged to be married 3 days ago. And, since my sister was "too nice" a person, I took it upon myself to visit that doctor at the Univesity of Chicago Hospital...so I could tell him that his medical degree could best be used as toilet paper.

I only skimmed but you appeared to leave out the cause, pinched nerve in the neck?
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-12-2024, 11:03 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

There’s a place for chiropractic.

Everybody is different.
Old 03-13-2024, 12:22 AM   #9
xtb

Myself, my wife and two of my brothers have all had good experiences with chiropractors. I can't say the same for podiatrists. It would be more befitting to replace "chiropractor" with "podiatrist" in the title of the article this thread is about.