Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 1.80 average.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:14 PM   #961
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
This boards continued obsession with Obama and the Clinton's is pathetic. Anytime a criticism comes up the knee jerk reaction is to deflect.

They're GONE.
But not in jail yet for crimes against the country.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:16 PM   #962
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
This boards continued obsession with Obama and the Clinton's is pathetic. Anytime a criticism comes up the knee jerk reaction is to deflect.

They're GONE.
Really, last I checked they were shoving their faces in front of a camera more than any ex-president or loser in history. They refuse to go away.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #963
schweitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
Whatever anyone thinks of Trump, the undeniable fact is that every little incident like the "Shithole Scandal", no matter how trivial or how fans rationalize it, is one more nail in the coffin of the GOP in the coming elections.
Complete nonsense.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:19 PM   #964
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
I do not believe that Trump,himself, is a racist. But some of his policies and proposed laws are the type that racially biased people would embrace.
Most of your looters and rioters in this country vote for Democrats, why don't Democrats ever bring that up?
Old 01-13-2018, 02:32 PM   #965
tucker6

Quote:
Whatever anyone thinks of Trump, the undeniable fact is that every little incident like the "Shithole Scandal", no matter how trivial or how fans rationalize it, is one more nail in the coffin of the GOP in the coming elections.
As others have said, this is complete nonsense. Stop wishcasting. You're better than that.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:53 PM   #966
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Most of your looters and rioters in this country vote for Democrats, why don't Democrats ever bring that up?
Dumb statement !
Old 01-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #967
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
As others have said, this is complete nonsense. Stop wishcasting. You're better than that.
Wishcasting?

I don't have a dog in this fight. I think the Republicans are for the most part inept, incompetent, and unrealistic, but still preferable to Democrats. And Trump is certainly preferable to Hillary. Why would I want to see the Democrats take control of the House or the Senate?

I am simply reporting what I see in the media. I am not saying anything about Trump or his positions, I am saying what I see as the voter reaction to him. Independents are put off by Trump's style, and the more they are, the more likely they are to stay home in November or even to vote for independents or Democrats at the state level. Can you deny that Trump is not winning the hearts and minds of many voters these days?

The evidence is there in any even semi-objective analysis of the political arena. We are getting deeper and deeper into an environment of identity politics. Trump's personality overrides reality for everyone on the left and for an increasing number of people in the middle. Can you deny that?
Old 01-13-2018, 03:45 PM   #968
Clocker

Here is a link to an article from a solid conservative source analyzing the impact of Trump's persona on the political scene.

Again, the issue is not about policy, it is about the emotional reaction of many left and moderate voters to Trump. That the emotional reaction of voters will have an impact on elections is hardly nonsense.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...on-depressing/
Old 01-13-2018, 04:06 PM   #969
schweitz

Quote:
Here is a link to an article from a solid conservative source analyzing the impact of Trump's persona on the political scene.

Again, the issue is not about policy, it is about the emotional reaction of many left and moderate voters to Trump. That the emotional reaction of voters will have an impact on elections is hardly nonsense.

https://www.commentarymagazine.com/p...on-depressing/
I’m a solid conservative and I disagree. Article reads like it was written by a nevertrumper.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #970
Greyfox

Quote:
That the emotional reaction of voters will have an impact on elections is hardly nonsense.
Trump has initiated some very sound ideas and accomplished more in his first year than any American President since Eisenhower.
But his "unfiltered mouth" is turning many Americans against him.
Many voters won't be voting for Democrats, but they will be voting against Trump.
It's sad to see a man with so many good ideas committing political suicide by alienating a few people here and a few people there on a daily basis.
The "Average Joe Voter" won't separate the man's deeds from his sometimes despicable personality. That's a shame, but all of this drop out is self-inflicted wounds that could have been avoided by anyone with a smaller ego.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:09 PM   #971
Nutz and Boltz
Mad as hell !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Trump has initiated some very sound ideas and accomplished more in his first year than any American President since Eisenhower.
But his "unfiltered mouth" is turning many Americans against him.
Many voters won't be voting for Democrats, but they will be voting against Trump.
It's sad to see a man with so many good ideas committing political suicide by alienating a few people here and a few people there on a daily basis.
The "Average Joe Voter" won't separate the man's deeds from his sometimes despicable personality. That's a shame, but all of this drop out is self-inflicted wounds that could have been avoided by anyone with a smaller ego.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #972
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweitz View Post
I’m a solid conservative and I disagree. Article reads like it was written by a nevertrumper.
If you are a solid conservative, the article and the issue aren't about you. It's about the fence-sitters in the middle. Do you honestly believe that Trump is having zero negative impact on some people who are not solid conservatives or solid liberals?
Old 01-13-2018, 04:21 PM   #973
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Looters and rioters rarely vote.That interferes with their time in the pursuit of looting and rioting.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
Old 01-13-2018, 04:31 PM   #974
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Do you honestly believe that Trump is having zero negative impact on some people who are not solid conservatives or solid liberals?
I believe when it comes time to vote, if one votes for a democrat due to what Trump says or tweets, then that one was a liberal to begin with.

People upset over the tweets and comments are just not participating in reality.
We did not elect him to make feel warm and fuzzy - we elected him to get stuff down - and so far, his "got dones" outweigh anything has has tweeted.

1. Not Hillary
2. Not a stinking liberal on the SC
3. Massive de-regulations
4. Tax cuts
5. N Korea coming to the table with S Korea according to S Korea

Not bad.
Let Trump be Trump.

Haiti was a S-hole last week, it will be S-hole next week.
No matter what Trump says about it.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #975
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Haiti was a S-hole last week, it will be S-hole next week.
No matter what Trump says about it.
This is the unfortunate reality that no one is talking about. Everything is a game of gotcha, when in fact Haiti is gonna be Haiti no matter what Trump says. A better response by the left, if actually sincere, would be to ask, "how do we fix Haiti so that it isn't a s-hole?" Notice that not one single person here and out in America cares enough about Haiti to actually ask, "how can we solve the mess there to make the lives of fellow humans better?" The libs don't care. Just simple gotcha politics and some of you fell for it.
Closed Thread