Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-19-2021, 11:50 AM   #1
westernmassbob

Suff at Gulfstream this year ?

Any word about Suff ? Miss his trip reports and pics from the great Gulfstream Park. Hopefully they open to the public before the championship meet is over.
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
Robert Fischer
clean money

reached out
Old 01-19-2021, 04:03 PM   #3
Suff
Beat up 💪

Wink No stopping suffolk downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Any word about Suff ? Miss his trip reports and pics from the great Gulfstream Park. Hopefully they open to the public before the championship meet is over.
Currently not open to the public. I have a private office from where I launch my track attacks. My office hours start and end at 4:20.

I'm there frequently. Saturday. Social distancing with GG.

I spoke to Jason about his new job with west point tb after he wrapped up w/ Michael Yates , trainer of Cajun Brother, who won the feature sunshine millions race.

The seat I am in, $300 Pegasus day. They reconfigured the apron with these blocks of 4 seats.

I've been laying low. But I can appreciate that people might enjoy some pictures. I'll put some more together and post them .

I have a lot of cool pics and vids from my natural carry. I get around ok. I spent NY EVE at the last greyhound race ever run in FL. On track - as the unofficial representative of Wonderland Park.

Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 04:32 PM   #4
Suff
Beat up 💪

That's Christine Lee's restaurant, & it was a good stop because you get the walking ring , and it's decent rail leaning. This pic was last month.

But two weeks ago, literally 200 people showed up and the State fined Gulfstream $$, and they put up this fence and killed it dead. This just went up a week ago.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #5
westernmassbob

Hey Suff thanks for this update as it’s greatly appreciated. If I make it down this year and they end up letting general public in I will buy you a drink. I’m shooting for early March. Just a few questions: I’m assuming because of the social distancing measures and restrictions a lot of workers have been furloughed or laid off. Have you heard what type of impact that has had as I know a lot of people have been working there for a long time. Also were you able to grab some great hotel rates ? One last thing , have you noticed a major change in traffic and tourism in the area? I know that is probably a dumb question but funny thing is I know a lot of people that have taken vacation to SOFLO in the last few weeks even with the pandemic. Thanks again ! Looking forward to more pics!
westernmassbob is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 05:04 PM   #6
Suff
Beat up 💪

Inside depressing

The party vibe is also dead. Gulfstream really only for the hard core now.

You see how I was doing before they put the fence up? Thats why I had to go to extreme measures and open my own office!

.That was a battlefield decision..even though my spot is 🔥 hot.

Old 01-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #7
jay68802

Thanks for the pic's Suff, miss your handicapping.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 06:41 PM   #8
TRM

Hey Suff-

I don't know if you remember, but we met up in Boston (maybe 10 yrs ago) and had some great clam chowder together with my wife and family. We were just passing through and were only there for the day. I believe you gave my wife a cool pink colored Red Sox hat. LOL! Glad to hear from you, and looks like you are doing well my friend.
TRM is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2021, 07:48 PM   #9
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRM View Post
Hey Suff-

I don't know if you remember, but we met up in Boston (maybe 10 yrs ago) and had some great clam chowder together with my wife and family. We were just passing through and were only there for the day. I believe you gave my wife a cool pink colored Red Sox hat. LOL! Glad to hear from you, and looks like you are doing well my friend.
Do I remember? I talk to your wife all the time!

Very cool story, older than 10 for sure. Kind word appreciated, thanks.

I'm five years in south florida permanently.

I'm in a mixed use residential/hotel on fort lauderdale beach.

Toe Selfie when the place was lit up for the holidays.

Old 01-19-2021, 09:28 PM   #10
Suff
Beat up 💪

Trophy's for this weekend Pegasus.

Fans allowed. The apron was accessible to owner's - trainers because the area that was being used is under construction.

Supposedly Belinda Stronach is having a private, invite only vip party. Bringing, flying and providing private security for her A list guests..

They're trying to connect hot-miami with horse racing. Watch this bizarre video that she paid for. It's her attempt to bring fashion & horse racing together. To me is odd as f.

Old 01-20-2021, 08:54 AM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Thumbs up

Love it! 2021 is a new page. Keep it going. It's getting better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Currently not open to the public. I have a private office from where I launch my track attacks. My office hours start and end at 4:20.

https://youtu.be/D4yGlS7Ogug

I'm there frequently. Saturday. Social distancing with GG.

I spoke to Jason about his new job with west point tb after he wrapped up w/ Michael Yates , trainer of Cajun Brother, who won the feature sunshine millions race.

The seat I am in, $300 Pegasus day. They reconfigured the apron with these blocks of 4 seats.

https://youtu.be/rNdJndZZcuI

I've been laying low. But I can appreciate that people might enjoy some pictures. I'll put some more together and post them .

I have a lot of cool pics and vids from my natural carry. I get around ok. I spent NY EVE at the last greyhound race ever run in FL. On track - as the unofficial representative of Wonderland Park.

Old 01-20-2021, 11:19 AM   #12
Suff
Beat up 💪

I have a mildly interesting story about this horse and trainer. Trainers name is Dan Pita, horses name is princess secret. She won 2 of the 3 florida sire series races including this one that earned her a late 2020 breeders cup entry. But only for a week because she tested positive for a steroid and was denied entry.

I just caught this by circumstance. 4 months ago actually. The drug test turned this feel good story into shit. Great video though and I hope that you watch it. I put blinkers on when it comes to being a horse racing fan, but I couldn't ignore this story because I was there and invested as a fan. Broke my heart a touch.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:17 PM   #13
Suff
Beat up 💪

Tension in the streets , miss the track? The Sights & Sounds of racetracks imitate a playground for big kids.

This is nothing, a gate , tractor, etc. Playing at the track I took this Saturday. Breathe it in. Peace.

Old 01-20-2021, 12:53 PM   #14
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post

Trophy's for this weekend Pegasus.

Fans allowed. The apron was accessible to owner's - trainers because the area that was being used is under construction.

Supposedly Belinda Stronach is having a private, invite only vip party. Bringing, flying and providing private security for her A list guests..

They're trying to connect hot-miami with horse racing. Watch this bizarre video that she paid for. It's her attempt to bring fashion & horse racing together. To me is odd as f.

https://youtu.be/_kb-r7UNbRs

If using an Alan Parsons Project song, should have used Siren Song

davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2021, 05:18 PM   #15
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
Hey Suff thanks for this update as it’s greatly appreciated. If I make it down this year and they end up letting general public in I will buy you a drink
I dont drink. Thank u jesus.

. d
Quote:
restrictions a lot of workers have been furloughed or laid off. Have you heard what type of impact that has had as I know a lot of people have been working there for a long ti
[
Actually yeah, heard the breezeway bartender for 14 years isn't responding...might of fell off into heavy addiction was what I heard. And I felt it cuz I know her, she plays, I chatted horses with her almost daily. Fun friend, cool cucumber.

Quote:
me. Also were you able to grab some great hotel rates ? One last thing , have you noticed a major change in traffic and tourism in the area? I know that is probably a dumb question but funny thing is I know a lot of people that have taken vacation to SOFLO in the last few weeks even with the pandemic. Thanks again ! Looking forward to more pics!
[/QUOTE]

Florida drawing people by car, it's fairly busy. In some spots its full blown up. I'd say it's down 25% everywhere, just bcuz no international, no Canadian .

Depends what ur doing, ...private boat rentals are killing it, events like the boat show was down 75%, no international yachts and no parties. I went , awful. But I went.