Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #2026
mikesal57
Veteran

After markets in the green....

cant figure shit out here....
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2020, 12:23 AM   #2027
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
After markets in the green....

cant figure shit out here....
the bulls and bears will be fighting it out today at the old coral.

we are heading to an era where everything will be re-priced and re-aligned. the thought of what is in front of us after the end of the corona is scary. the unknown and change are always hard to digest.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2020, 08:30 AM   #2028
lamboguy

market gods coming out today

an hour before the open, S+P up 50 points. this is more meat on the bone to short into.

they asked some of the Robinhood boys why they bought a bankrupt company in Hertz. one guy said he bought it because he thought the name Hertz had some value, another guy said because they own a whole bunch of cars all over the world.

the bottom line is that company's that go bankrupt have only one price to get to and that is ZERO.
Old 06-12-2020, 08:35 AM   #2029
lamboguy

now what does Hertz do? they go public with more shares! at the bottom of their offering they have a disclosure "if you buy our shares, the stock may become worthless"!!!
Old 06-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #2030
lamboguy

Quicken Loans gonna do an IPO. why would any company that is having their biggest quarter ever decide all of a sudden to do an offering? i am going to give you that answer, that is because they know that the amount of re-finances and new mortgages are going down. that will mean that your real estate values are heading south right with Quicken's business.
Old 06-12-2020, 10:37 AM   #2031
lamboguy

the broker dealer that winds up pushing this Hertz offering out wil make 5% of the total funds. Hertz asked the judge yesterday for $1 billion in offerings. this is the same judge that is handling the bankruptcy. some of the money they take in will go to creditors, and some will go to executive pay raises.

nice country.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:18 PM   #2032
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the broker dealer that winds up pushing this Hertz offering out wil make 5% of the total funds. Hertz asked the judge yesterday for $1 billion in offerings. this is the same judge that is handling the bankruptcy. some of the money they take in will go to creditors, and some will go to executive pay raises.

nice country.
Nice is right. They paid out $16.2 million in bonuses five days before they filed for bankruptcy, then laid off 14,000 workers right afterwards.
Old 06-12-2020, 09:18 PM   #2033
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Nice is right. They paid out $16.2 million in bonuses five days before they filed for bankruptcy, then laid off 14,000 workers right afterwards.
and THAT'S why I quit a decade ago...total BS....
Old 06-12-2020, 09:46 PM   #2034
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage View Post
and THAT'S why I quit a decade ago...total BS....
sammy, do you mean you quit Hertz, or just working in general, for some other blood-sucking company?
Old 06-12-2020, 10:32 PM   #2035
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
sammy, do you mean you quit Hertz, or just working in general, for some other blood-sucking company?
stock market in general....insider's & corporate boards RAPE the average investor...don't get the returns they should...on MANY companies...used to pay for insider info...would get the deals they were making...was disgusting on some companies....no way to keep up with who was honest and who wasn't...so just walked away...

yep...i've missed out some good gains....but my business is good at the moment...so...just trying to figure out where to put any extra....which at the moment is a TOTAL crap shoot...b.o.l.
Old 06-12-2020, 11:57 PM   #2036
lamboguy

Sammy is right, but what he left out is that when the large corporations are doing well, the executives figure out ways to get high pay and more stock options. they also get the right people elected so they don't pay their fair share of the taxes that ordinary people would have to pay. but when things go bad, they go to their friends in the government and get their corporations bailed out, while the taxpayers that struggle to put a roof over their families have to pay. according to the government, these large corporations are to big to fail.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:15 PM   #2037
Secondbest

I just came back from an airport run. Place is EMPTY. JFk terminal 5 used to packed. Not anymore Parking empty. Maybe a few hundred people tops counting workers.
I know the market looks ahead but without a vaccine I can’t see it changing
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2020, 03:17 PM   #2038
lamboguy

the SEC halted trading today on Hertz. they are questioning the potential sales of up to $1 billion in their bankrupt corporation.

the stock was halted at a price point of $1.93. i wouldn't be surprised if it opened up under .25 when it opens on its way to boot hill.
Old 06-17-2020, 03:34 PM   #2039
lamboguy

they re-opened trading and the sucker actually went UP .10.

this is a lesson in trading that i must learn the new math!
Old 06-17-2020, 05:02 PM   #2040
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
I just came back from an airport run. Place is EMPTY. JFk terminal 5 used to packed. Not anymore Parking empty. Maybe a few hundred people tops counting workers.
I know the market looks ahead but without a vaccine I can’t see it changing
Ditto. In fact when speaking with the AVIS people I was told they are not back to even 15% of normal activity. Same with Spirit, yes they're packing the flights, but with less than 20% of routes actually flying. There I was told the same thing, we are ~15%, and that is on weekends. 10% during the week.

The people on the ground are senior people. You can imagine right? The people working are the critical managers that these companies don't want to lose. So I trust the numbers that I was hearing.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: