Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:18 PM   #2146
lamboguy

A-B =C-D

your A point is $250 year 2000
your B point is $1900 year 2011

your C point is $1050 year 2018
your D point is $2700 year ????

that being said, when gold is in a big bull market like it is now, it likes to expand 1 1/2 times which would bring gold up to $3400.

this market is so strong now that you can expect a good pullback at that number so you could convert your gold into currency at that point so you can spend it.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #2147
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
@PressThePace, who's consensus for $3K? My own conservative target is $1960 to $2100, but I would rather your consensus is correct.
I'm referring to 18-24 mo target

Last edited by PressThePace; 07-24-2020 at 05:24 PM.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-24-2020, 05:26 PM   #2148
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
A-B =C-D

that being said, when gold is in a big bull market like it is now, it likes to expand 1 1/2 times which would bring gold up to $3400.

this market is so strong now that you can expect a good pullback at that number so you could convert your gold into currency at that point so you can spend it.

Old 07-24-2020, 05:48 PM   #2149
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressThePace View Post
i have a good place in Switzerland that is a vault that charges you 1/2% tp store your gold and they are outside the normal banking system.

they will buy and sell your gold and send you money if you want it on an atm card. Matterhorn Asset Management, and they have been around for many years.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:52 PM   #2150
PressThePace

Quote:
A-B =C-D

I've never looked at gold in terms of $$ too much. This is different, however. i think we're all confident that the major players have a golden parachute just as they did during the mortgage collapse. But, as the value of the dollar continues to fall, I can't help but think that we are going to see something with gold we've never seen before.
Old 07-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #2151
PressThePace

Quote:
i have a good place in Switzerland that is a vault that charges you 1/2% tp store your gold and they are outside the normal banking system.

they will buy and sell your gold and send you money if you want it on an atm card. Matterhorn Asset Management, and they have been around for many years.
Thank you. It's funny you mention them because I just perused some of their reviews a couple of days ago. Looked legit, especially if you like products in the form of bullions.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:11 PM   #2152
lamboguy

Quote:
Thank you. It's funny you mention them because I just perused some of their reviews a couple of days ago. Looked legit, especially if you like products in the form of bullions.
i happen to like eagles and buffalo's, but if you want some type of safety where the government can't go in your safe deposit box and confiscate your gold, you have to be offshore somewhere.

a lot of people don't think that Trump is that smart, i highly disagree. if he gets re-elected you might see him abolish the federal reserve. for that reason alone, i would like to see him get re-elected just to see what he does.
Old 07-24-2020, 06:26 PM   #2153
PressThePace

Quote:
i happen to like eagles and buffalo's, but if you want some type of safety where the government can't go in your safe deposit box and confiscate your gold, you have to be offshore somewhere.

a lot of people don't think that Trump is that smart, i highly disagree. if he gets re-elected you might see him abolish the federal reserve. for that reason alone, i would like to see him get re-elected just to see what he does.
Almost like you're in my head right now. This has been on my mind a lot of late. I've always thought, "they gotta know about it first", with regard to what's in my box. But, with all that's going on right now, it might behoove me to be offshore.
Old 07-24-2020, 07:00 PM   #2154
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
I'm referring to 18-24 mo target
I wasn't asking time frame, you said a consensus had it at 3000. I was just asking who? That usually refers to the majority of people who pick these targets. Have a link?
Old 07-24-2020, 08:29 PM   #2155
PressThePace

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
I wasn't asking time frame, you said a consensus had it at 3000. I was just asking who? That usually refers to the majority of people who pick these targets. Have a link?
My sources include two wealth managers that were college roommates of mine. Both said the same thing. And, it was explained to me in much the same way that Lambo illustrated above. Their forecast hinged around the fact that the Fed Reserve will keep printing money thus catalyzing monetary debasement. They both expect another shutdown, by the way. This lowering of dollar will continue increase the liability of the Fed. Essentially, they are projecting a crash of the assets of the Fed (other than gold). They are telling me that their projections are south of what they really think will happen. Look, I'm not putting the whole kit'n'caboodle into this. But, after I heard what Dan Oliver had to say, it mirrored what I had been hearing already. I can't provide links, but I know BOA has a target of 3k, I believe.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:59 PM   #2156
lamboguy

first of all, i gave you what i thought were the extreme expansions, my top number is $3400 for now.

as far as the reasons for movement in price, i would say the only reasons are supply and demand along amount of buyers and sellers.

its different market this time around since the inception of ETF's. they are forced to buy or sell the underlying metal based on the action in those funds. also central banks are the main purchasers of gold . they seem to be buying. China, Inda, and Russia are loading up now. because of the corona, mining is at a standstill with big demant. that also is a big reason why the price has been going up.

if you asked me what i thought was the underlying reason for demand in precious metals, i would answer: trust in government.
take a look all over the world and ask yourself do you trust the leaders of the world to do the right thing? if you think they will, then sell your gold.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:26 PM   #2157
lamboguy

Tesla actually made the implied number to the downside reaching a low of $1360 and closing above $1400.

i wonder if the fed is going to support that stock now. if they don't this thing will fall below $1000. once the fed stops buying stocks, look out below.. they may try to hold up the market until after the election.

i might be wrong, but i think this economy is a real mess now and won't comeback for at least a decade.

gold and silver moving in the thinly traded far east now. we shall see how it opens at 9. if this gaps up, it may be a good spot to sell some for the time being. if it gaps open $75 or $100 it will run.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:09 AM   #2158
lamboguy

they are eating the dollar for breakfast today. its down to 93.71
Old 07-27-2020, 10:16 AM   #2159
lamboguy

gold is at all time highs any yet the dollar is still over 90. the last time in 2011 when gold hit its high the dollar was 88. i'd say you have plenty of room for gold to go to $2700 pretty fast.

july 30th starts gold mining earnings with Newmont reporting. gold miners have been disappointing fpr the past 10 years. if Newmont has good earnings, lookout topside for miners like MUX,

the miners have been shooting themselves in the foot though.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #2160
PressThePace

Quote:

i wonder if the fed is going to support that stock now. if they don't this thing will fall below $1000. once the fed stops buying stocks, look out below.. they may try to hold up the market until after the election.

i might be wrong, but i think this economy is a real mess now and won't comeback for at least a decade.
This has been my view for a while now. Tons of action in the utility sector is a red flag for me. I think risk in the market is in overdrive right now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: