Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-11-2018, 07:32 PM   #1
thebeacondeacon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Rep Power: 13 thebeacondeacon is on a distinguished road
Technical Reliability of Race Books

Does anyone have some recommendations as to the most technically reliable and efficient offshore race books?

I love the bonuses and rebates at my main squeeze, 5 Dimes, but all too frequently, they drop off line when I have a bet to make, like just before post time, or they time out between races, and I have to repeatedly log in and they somehow loose track of my login credentials.

I would like to find a more stable race book (no pun intended), that does not present technical issues like these.

Thanks,

thebeacondeacon
thebeacondeacon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #2
ubercapper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 406
Rep Power: 12 ubercapper will become famous soon enough
I don't have a recommendation but in case you did not know, most race books do not commingle wagers with U.S. pools and therefore don't provide a single penny to the industry nor support racing in any way.
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
thebeacondeacon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Rep Power: 13 thebeacondeacon is on a distinguished road
ubercapper,

Thanks for your reply.

I like it best, when I can go a race track that is within driving distance, or my local OTB. However, I travel abroad quite a bit, and to paraphrase that great Xpressbet commercial, without a solid offshore race book, life can get in the way of a good bet.

Good luck to you.

thebeacondeacon

Last edited by thebeacondeacon; 06-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.
thebeacondeacon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 05:15 PM   #4
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 14,032
Rep Power: 35 Dave Schwartz is just really niceDave Schwartz is just really niceDave Schwartz is just really niceDave Schwartz is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeacondeacon View Post
ubercapper,

Thanks for your reply.

I like it best, when I can go a race track that is within driving distance, or my local OTB. However, I travel abroad quite a bit, and to paraphrase that great Xpressbet commercial, without a solid offshore race book, life can get in the way of a good bet.

Good luck to you.

thebeacondeacon
Do you live in a state that prevents you from playing with an ADW that co-mingles?

Otherwise, perhaps give one of them a try.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 05:39 PM   #5
thaskalos
Anarchist
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 21,084
Rep Power: 42 thaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to behold
Since you travel abroad so frequently...perhaps you can convince an offshore friend to open a Pinnaclesports account for you, in his name.
__________________
"History would be a wonderful thing...if it were only true."
-- Leo Tolstoy
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-12-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
Fox
VIP
 
Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home
Posts: 325
Rep Power: 8 Fox is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Since you travel abroad so frequently...perhaps you can convince an offshore friend to open a Pinnaclesports account for you, in his name.
I’m pretty sure Pinnacle has not taken any horse bets for over a decade now. The only thing they’ll offer is some props and match races on the big events.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 07:58 AM   #7
pandy
Registered User
 
pandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA.
Posts: 6,680
Rep Power: 24 pandy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeacondeacon View Post
Does anyone have some recommendations as to the most technically reliable and efficient offshore race books?

I love the bonuses and rebates at my main squeeze, 5 Dimes, but all too frequently, they drop off line when I have a bet to make, like just before post time, or they time out between races, and I have to repeatedly log in and they somehow loose track of my login credentials.

I would like to find a more stable race book (no pun intended), that does not present technical issues like these.

Thanks,

thebeacondeacon
bookmaker and bovada have both been in business for a long time
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #8
davew
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 8,126
Rep Power: 19 davew is just really nicedavew is just really nicedavew is just really nicedavew is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
I don't have a recommendation but in case you did not know, most race books do not commingle wagers with U.S. pools and therefore don't provide a single penny to the industry nor support racing in any way.
I suspect they do put money in pools piggybacking some accounts.

Do these countries you visit block internet access to Xpressbet, Twinspires, other ADWs?

Most racebooks have max pay-offs...
__________________
myFanDan says -> Like a shit cherry on top.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-13-2018, 04:19 PM   #9
WP1981
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 314
Rep Power: 7 WP1981 is on a distinguished road
I have been using Bovada more and more since the server issues at 5dimes keep happening. 5dimes also takes about a week to cashout via bitcoin, etc. Bovada cashes within a few hours and offers deposit bonuses, rebate on total action (3% wps, 8% exotic), a 9% bonus on losses and a really good rewards program that earns you cash at the same time.

My one and only issue with them is the software. 5dimes has the easy pending wager screen that you can screenshot, with Bovada it is a nicer set up but impossible to see all the wagers on one screen.
WP1981 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
ubercapper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 406
Rep Power: 12 ubercapper will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
I suspect they do put money in pools piggybacking some accounts.

Do these countries you visit block internet access to Xpressbet, Twinspires, other ADWs?

Most racebooks have max pay-offs...

By piggybacking, do you mean off loading some action to reduce exposure?
ubercapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #11
thaskalos
Anarchist
 
thaskalos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 21,084
Rep Power: 42 thaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to beholdthaskalos is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercapper View Post
By piggybacking, do you mean off loading some action to reduce exposure?
He means that the offshore betting outfits might be flagging their profitable customers and piggybacking on their selections...in order to "reduce exposure"...or even to secure a little added profit for themselves.
__________________
"History would be a wonderful thing...if it were only true."
-- Leo Tolstoy
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 11:56 AM   #12
Dave Schwartz
 
Dave Schwartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 14,032
Rep Power: 35 Dave Schwartz is just really niceDave Schwartz is just really niceDave Schwartz is just really niceDave Schwartz is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
He means that the offshore betting outfits might be flagging their profitable customers and piggybacking on their selections...in order to "reduce exposure"...or even to secure a little added profit for themselves.


It is "laying off bets," as has been practiced for decades. In this case it is "selective" layoffs.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 12:05 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 41,335
Rep Power: 64 cj is a name known to allcj is a name known to allcj is a name known to allcj is a name known to allcj is a name known to allcj is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post


It is "laying off bets," as has been practiced for decades. In this case it is "selective" layoffs.
Doesn't have to be off shore either for piggy backing. Hopefully it doesn't happen but any guy with database access for an ADW could do it.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM   #14
AltonKelsey
Registered User
 
AltonKelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,223
Rep Power: 4 AltonKelsey will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Doesn't have to be off shore either for piggy backing. Hopefully it doesn't happen but any guy with database access for an ADW could do it.

This is true, but would be very bad for biz if it was discovered. And a smart player would figure it out eventually, unless it was for very small money.



I'll bet 99% of the 'layoff' is book balancing.



Also probably accounts for a lot of the last flash bs , though I've never seen anyone mention it.


Until now.
AltonKelsey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 02:46 AM   #15
thebeacondeacon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 70
Rep Power: 13 thebeacondeacon is on a distinguished road
My thanks to everyone who replied.

All the best,
thebeacondeacon
thebeacondeacon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
What post time odds would you require to bet on Justify in the Belmont?
1/1 or even lower - 16.98%
9 Votes
2/1 - 37.74%
20 Votes
3/1 - 16.98%
9 Votes
4/1 - 15.09%
8 Votes
5/1 - 3.77%
2 Votes
6/1 or higher - 9.43%
5 Votes
Total Votes: 53
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.