Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-11-2017, 02:03 PM   #1
barn32
tmrpots

DB Cooper Case Solved?

Two new leads unearthed.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/421800...ked-plane/amp/
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
Marshall Bennett

Someone else knew of his scheme. He buried the cash with intentions to return for it. He was intercepted by one or more who demanded a share or they'd kill him. He resisted, was killed, and his body promptly disposed of.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #3
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Does anybody know where Bill and Hillary Clinton were that day?

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 09:06 PM   #4
davew

titanium on his tie left on the airplane seat- I wonder if there is also DNA
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 11:01 PM   #5
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Does anybody know where Bill and Hillary Clinton were that day?
Texas.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #6
Inner Dirt

He didn't survive the jump or died of exposure. It would be interesting to know exactly what happened.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
kingfin66
Bombardier

Agree. It would have been hard to survive the jump anytime, but especially on a night like that. Somebody has to have or had known who he was. Still a mystery...
Old 08-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #8
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Agree. It would have been hard to survive the jump anytime, but especially on a night like that. Somebody has to have or had known who he was. Still a mystery...
Somebody had to realize their co-worker or employee that fit Dan Cooper's description disappeared. If he lived most likely some of the money would have been spent somewhere. Since some of the money washed up on shore he likely landed in the river and was killed on impact or drowned.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #9
barn32
tmrpots

The money didn't wash up on the shore...it was buried there...

I was living near Portland at the time this money was discovered and it was a huge story.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:20 PM   #10
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
The money didn't wash up on the shore...it was buried there...

I was living near Portland at the time this money was discovered and it was a huge story.
From Wikipedia:

The discovery launched several new rounds of conjecture, and ultimately raised more questions than it answered. Initial statements by investigators and scientific consultants were founded on the assumption that the bundled bills washed freely into the Columbia River from one of its many connecting tributaries. An Army Corps of Engineers hydrologist noted that the bills had disintegrated in a "rounded" fashion and were matted together, indicating that they had been deposited by river action, as opposed to having been deliberately buried.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #11
Marshall Bennett

The ID numbers on the bills were identical to the ones he was given during the hijacking. He lived long enough to bury the money unless someone was at his landing and took it from him. One way or the other, I'm convinced he ran into foul play. No body was ever found which almost rules out an accident or health issue. His body was disposed of intended to never be found.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #12
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
From Wikipedia:

The discovery launched several new rounds of conjecture, and ultimately raised more questions than it answered. Initial statements by investigators and scientific consultants were founded on the assumption that the bundled bills washed freely into the Columbia River from one of its many connecting tributaries. An Army Corps of Engineers hydrologist noted that the bills had disintegrated in a "rounded" fashion and were matted together, indicating that they had been deposited by river action, as opposed to having been deliberately buried.
Interesting how all of those bills just happened to wash up together at the same spot.

Conjecture was flying at the time. A lot of people believed they were buried somewhere and then washed ashore. A lot of people believed they were buried right where they were found. If I remember correctly, there was another theory that they were found somewhere else and buried again. And others stated, as you noted, that they all just washed ashore in a collective group from some tributary where they were dumped or lost.

Nothing can be proven of course, but they obviously had to come from somewhere. Exactly where, is anybody's guess.

[Maybe I should dig around for some of the Portland Oregonian articles that were written at the time. They were very interesting.]
Old 08-12-2017, 02:34 PM   #13
Inner Dirt

The guy that pulled the hijacking was at least average intelligence or above. Anyone with a lick of sense would not bury paper money next to a body of water.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #14
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Somebody had to realize their co-worker or employee that fit Dan Cooper's description disappeared. If he lived most likely some of the money would have been spent somewhere. Since some of the money washed up on shore he likely landed in the river and was killed on impact or drowned.
I've watched a few documentaries about this and this is the theory I buy into. None of the other bills every made it into circulation. I think he hit the water and drowned. Money washed down.
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-12-2017, 04:04 PM   #15
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHorseplayer View Post
I've watched a few documentaries about this and this is the theory I buy into. None of the other bills every made it into circulation. I think he hit the water and drowned. Money washed down.
Don't dead bodies normally float ashore? Especially in a river?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: