Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 08-02-2017, 08:02 PM   #10636
JustRalph
Just another Facist

It was already touted as an automatic over-ride

He did the smart thing
Old 08-02-2017, 09:02 PM   #10637
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
It was already touted as an automatic over-ride

He did the smart thing
At this point in the process, that's true.

Clocker's question really addresses how a deeply flawed bill (from the executive standpoint) came to him with a veto proof majority.

I'm sure no one in the Trump bunker is willing to address his administration's isolation from the legislative process and inability to shape legislation. This being a relatively minor example.

And of course I mean outside of repeatedly and ineffectively screaming "Drain the swamp" which appears to be the beginning and end of their thoughts on the subject.

Jimmy Carter II.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2017, 09:18 PM   #10638
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
After signing the Russian sanctions bill, Trump said that the legislation was "significantly flawed".

According to Zero Hedge, Trump had concerns about four areas: encroachment on executive authority, unintentional harm to U.S. companies and business, as well as U.S. international partners, and limits on the flexibility of the administration to act in concert with allies in dealing with Russia.

Why then did he sign it? Or why didn't his own legislative staff people work with Congress while the bill was being written to iron out any problems?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...sanctions-bill
In case you hadn't noticed there's this phony, partisan hoax perpetuated by the liberal media, Democrats, the Hllary-Obama protectors, those ignorant, sacred and petty Republicans, plus the anti-Trumpers, who continue to promulgate this 'Russian' lie that Trump colluded with Putin to win the 2016 election.

Despite no evidence of a gun being pointed to his head, Trump was indeed 'forced' to sign this flawed sanctions bill. Either that or have another 12 months of 'Russia' collusion stupidity.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2017, 10:33 PM   #10639
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
In case you hadn't noticed there's this phony, partisan hoax perpetuated by the liberal media, Democrats, the Hllary-Obama protectors, those ignorant, sacred and petty Republicans, plus the anti-Trumpers, who continue to promulgate this 'Russian' lie that Trump colluded with Putin to win the 2016 election.

Despite no evidence of a gun being pointed to his head, Trump was indeed 'forced' to sign this flawed sanctions bill. Either that or have another 12 months of 'Russia' collusion stupidity.
In case you hadn't noticed, the White House has an Office of Legislative Affairs to work with Congress and to coordinate between the Congress and the president. They are, in essence, White House lobbyists and have traditionally engaged in negotiations with Congress to develop compromises on legislation to avoid disputes or even vetoes. From all the news I have seen, it's like this bill was unanticipated and just showed up on Trump's desk one day out of the clear blue sky.

Apparently, early in the administration, it was felt that the White House needed more resources to coordinate Trump's agenda with the GOP Congress.

Quote:
The White House on Tuesday announced it is adding more than half a dozen staffers to its legislative affairs team as it looks to improve ties with Capitol Hill.

The new team includes former aides to Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) and Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), both key players who will have a say on how far Trump’s agenda advances in Congress.
“I’m honored to work alongside impressive individuals committed to advancing the president’s agenda,” White House legislative affairs director Marc Short said in a statement.

Short, a former aide to Vice President Pence, said the new additions “offer abundant knowledge and valuable insight that will undoubtedly play a vital role within legislative affairs.”

Trump will need Congress to fulfill his campaign promises, such as an overhaul of the tax code, repealing ObamaCare and securing massive new investments in roads, bridges and railways.

But the Trump White House has suffered several stumbles in trying to establish relationships with top lawmakers.

GOP leaders expressed frustration that they didn’t receive advance warning on Trump’s executive order last month blocking refugees and immigrants from seven predominantly Muslim countries from entering the U.S.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/318383-white-house-beefs-up-legislative-affairs-team

Looks like not much has changed since all the new talent was added. Are they not doing their job, or are they being marginalized by those higher up?
Old 08-03-2017, 09:57 AM   #10640
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
In case you hadn't noticed, the White House has an Office of Legislative Affairs to work with Congress and to coordinate between the Congress and the president. They are, in essence, White House lobbyists and have traditionally engaged in negotiations with Congress to develop compromises on legislation to avoid disputes or even vetoes. From all the news I have seen, it's like this bill was unanticipated and just showed up on Trump's desk one day out of the clear blue sky.

Apparently, early in the administration, it was felt that the White House needed more resources to coordinate Trump's agenda with the GOP Congress.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/318383-white-house-beefs-up-legislative-affairs-team

Looks like not much has changed since all the new talent was added. Are they not doing their job, or are they being marginalized by those higher up?
Actually, clocker, I do notice these things.

Evidently, those 'White House' lobbyists must have had a different agenda than Donald Trump's agenda. You see, from Jan. 3, when Congress was sworn to right now basically, Paul Ryan has publicly poked his finger in Trump's eye. First on ObamaCare repeal Act. 1, Ryan proved how ineffective he was when that got no where after telling both Trump and the country it was a done deal.

And then we have those GOP idiots like McConnell; a failed Senator and bitter angry dolt, McCain; plus yahoos such as Flake, Burr, Lay Down Lisa, and others.

So much for these 'White House' lobbyists you mention... to help Trump in Congress.

Then there was GOP worm and Ryan protege, Reince--as in Pints--Priebus ... he is/was the Chief of Staff. It's always been my thinking that Trump was sold a bill of goods on Priebus basically because he promised Trump to get his good friend Ryan on the Trump agenda.

How did that work? Ryan first screws up Obama Care, then (2) he proposed a budget that allocated money to a half-dozen countries to build a security wall on their borders, but did not appropriate a single, thin dime to build a wall on our southern border. Do you think that wasn't a deliberate eff-you move to Trump. That was later corrected but Ryan showed the country what a skell he is with that move. A silly juvenile infomercial won't work, I assure you.

So much for having an insider such as Priebus to help coordinate Trump's agenda with Congress and those WH 'lobbyists' on staff as well.

I know all the deranged anti-Trumpers cast blame on Trump on everything that goes wrong, but that's who they are. Bitter people who can't get over the fact that they were totally and completely wrong on Trump, their 2015 primary and 2016 election analysis, so they need to save face.

This doesn't work so well when people pay attention and notice things.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 10:42 AM   #10641
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
Actually, clocker, I do notice these things.

Evidently, those 'White House' lobbyists must have had a different agenda than Donald Trump's agenda. You see, from Jan. 3, when Congress was sworn to right now basically, Paul Ryan has publicly poked his finger in Trump's eye. First on ObamaCare repeal Act. 1, Ryan proved how ineffective he was when that got no where after telling both Trump and the country it was a done deal.

And then we have those GOP idiots like McConnell; a failed Senator and bitter angry dolt, McCain; plus yahoos such as Flake, Burr, Lay Down Lisa, and others.

So much for these 'White House' lobbyists you mention... to help Trump in Congress.
Those White House lobbyists work for the president. If they had a different agenda, they should have been replaced. If they couldn't work with GOP leaders, they should have been replaced. If GOP leaders would not work with them, why wasn't Trump blasting those leaders publicly? In any case, the White House and Congress did not work together, and without evidence, you lay it all on Ryan and McConnell. I don't know what happened, I only know that a bill was passed and signed that Trump strongly disagrees with.

Quote:
I know all the deranged anti-Trumpers cast blame on Trump on everything that goes wrong, but that's who they are. Bitter people who can't get over the fact that they were totally and completely wrong on Trump, their 2015 primary and 2016 election analysis, so they need to save face.
Nonsense. Trump's primary victory became clear over time. His victory in the general election was a shock to many, even on the right, but a welcome one for the defeat of Hillary. I never thought Trump could win, but was glad to see it. We are in a much better place today than we would be under Hillary. But Trump is far from perfect, and fair game criticism in an open society. And he has gotten congratulations from the "bitter" right when he has done good things, like the Gorsuch appointment.

The charge of bitterness is a rationalization to dismiss objective criticism when the administration is wrong. Like the idea of "The Wall". Which won't happen.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:42 PM   #10642
fast4522

We go and go and go about nothing, in essence Hillary lost because President Trump was a unique commie blocker. More than half of the country did not want more taxes or Obamacare. When President Trump replaces Ruth Bader Ginsburg it will be the ultimate coup d'etat, flushing 60 years of liberal waste down the shitter. All of these points we make don't add up to not even a teaspoon of anything by comparison. In large part because the duration of time the Supreme Court will freeze out liberal horseshit from the law. It was the lefts position that republicans would not lead for 50 years, then it happened and now the SC will be conservative for five decades or at least until everyone here is dead. Cool Beans
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2017, 06:06 PM   #10643
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
We go and go and go about nothing, in essence Hillary lost because President Trump was a unique commie blocker. More than half of the country did not want more taxes or Obamacare. When President Trump replaces Ruth Bader Ginsburg it will be the ultimate coup d'etat, flushing 60 years of liberal waste down the shitter. All of these points we make don't add up to not even a teaspoon of anything by comparison. In large part because the duration of time the Supreme Court will freeze out liberal horseshit from the law. It was the lefts position that republicans would not lead for 50 years, then it happened and now the SC will be conservative for five decades or at least until everyone here is dead. Cool Beans
Do elections have consequences ? Yer darn tootin they do.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 10:07 PM   #10644
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Ye darn tootin' thank you Putin!
Old 08-15-2017, 04:40 PM   #10645
magwell

It will never matter what he says or does, it will never be good enough where the left is concerned.........SAD
Old 08-15-2017, 04:50 PM   #10646
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell View Post
It will never matter what he says or does, it will never be good enough where the left is concerned.........SAD
Much worse than SAD....deplorably despicable.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2017, 09:23 PM   #10647
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The best press conference I ever heard today.
He was at his best, mocking and putting the alt.media in its place, and getting in a few great jabs at the Grand Loser, John McLiar.

He sounded like a leader, although not that hard to do when surrounded by the feeble minds of the alt.media.

Proud of my vote today - the only man in DC who makes any sense.

I just love the way he totally disrespects his detractors.

Go PDJT!!!!!
Old 08-16-2017, 05:44 PM   #10648
magwell

All he had to say was, there's no place in America for Nazis lovers, instead he tried to be "politically correct" and that got him kicked in the head, now he has a big headache ..........unbelievable

Last edited by magwell; 08-16-2017 at 05:47 PM.
magwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 06:05 PM   #10649
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell View Post
All he had to say was, there's no place in America for Nazis lovers, instead he tried to be "politically correct" and that got him kicked in the head, now he has a big headache ..........unbelievable
Mag, that may be "all" he had to say but why not tell the truth? Why not say what NEEDS to be said?
You see, although it may not sit well with the politically correct crowd, it wasn't the politically correct crowd that got him elected. It was people like myself who despises the politically correct crowds and want the truth to be told.
There was several groups in Charlottesville and ALL had a part in what went wrong. The difference in my opinion is ONE group actually had a permit and had done things by the law to march and have their voices heard. On the other hand, another group, WITHOUT a permit decided they didn't like the message and was going to be disruptive and pick a fight. All in the name of shouting down opposing views. Turned out bad for a lot of people and resulted in the loss of lives sadly.
Trump said that there was BAD groups on BOTH sides and there were people not associated with both groups who were intermingled.
Please, tell me what he said there that was wrong! He condemned BOTH sides. He specifically named the Nazi, skin heads, in his admonishments.
Seems people got their feelings hurt because he mentioned those on the alt left as well. I say TOO F*&^%%^#$ Bad! They were just as at fault and are just as much bigots and racist as those from the alt right!
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-16-2017, 08:39 PM   #10650
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Trump said that there was BAD groups on BOTH sides and there were people not associated with both groups who were intermingled.
Please, tell me what he said there that was wrong! He condemned BOTH sides. He specifically named the Nazi, skin heads, in his admonishments.
Initially, he didn't name them at all. Then, when the heat came down, he did. Then, he went back to his original statement (probably after being coerced by Bannon), and now he's very proud of his original statement and I'm sure he wishes he never amended it.

The fact that he didn't IMMEDIATELY come out and denounce them says volumes. VOLUMES.

Quote:
Or perhaps an even better illustration of how weak Trump has become is that he's even lost, in at least one case, the ability to supply the words coming out of the presidential mouth. Trump resisted the statement originally drafted for him about Charlottesville on Saturday, adding squish words about "many sides" to a statement that would have condemned neo-Nazis. But that didn't stand; by Monday, over his own personal objections, Trump wound up giving the statement he was supposed to have given in the first place. And after kicking up a firestorm in an ugly appearance on Tuesday in which he went back to blaming both sides, it wouldn't be surprising if he winds up backing down again -- or suffering a real price for saying what he wanted to say.

So Trump is, and will remain for the foreseeable future, a historically weak president. His professional reputation is in tatters, he's unusually unpopular, and he doesn't appear to come close to having the skills to do anything about it. Exactly the conditions under which Neustadt predicted presidents would lose influence. Link
But hey, he's your guy, and he can do no wrong...even when he's an in your face douchebag.

The piece of shit is a disgrace and should resign.

Go Pence.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply