Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #1666
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Was it socially acceptable to the slaves?
You are using the "But Mom, the other kids did it!" argument. Bill Clinton has to be judged objectively on the merits of what he did, not relative to past standards or actions.

The Constitution talks about 'high crimes and misdemeanors', a concept descended from English common law that high officials can and must be held to a higher standard than ordinary citizens.

Quote:
The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming, and refusal to obey a lawful order.
There can be no doubt that Clinton was guilty of abuse of authority and conduct unbecoming, and probably intimidation. Nothing done by any other president at any time, no matter how we judge it today, absolves Clinton of guilt.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:46 AM   #1667
delayjf

Quote:
The weird part none of his supporters that I know lowered their opinion of him after that incident.
It gets worse - Now billdo is jet setting with a convicted pedophile around the world in an aeronautical version of the love boat to far off locations Asia. Still not a peep from the left. I pray someone has some video.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 09:51 AM   #1668
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
I pray someone has some video.
If it is video of Bill Clinton on the Lolita Express, I pray I never have the misfortune to see it.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #1669
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

It was the freaking President of the Untied States getting interns to blow him in the Oval Office.

He should have been removed from office and SHOT.
The man is a disgusting piece of garbage.
I eagerly await reading his obituary so I can throw a huge party to celebrate the improvement of the species. He is Chester the Molester in the real world.
The man has zero honor or integrity, let alone no morality.

The most worthless man alive.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:10 AM   #1670
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
It was the freaking President of the Untied States getting interns to blow him in the Oval Office.

He should have been removed from office and SHOT.
The man is a disgusting piece of garbage.
I eagerly await reading his obituary so I can throw a huge party to celebrate the improvement of the species. He is Chester the Molester in the real world.
The man has zero honor or integrity, let alone no morality.

The most worthless man alive.
So he had a couple flaws which didn't effect his leadership
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #1671
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
And Hillary's being untrustworthy and corrupt will not effect her nonexistent leadership.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:56 AM   #1672
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44
Washington and Jefferson owned slaves.And Jefferson knocked up at least one of his slave girls. As far as I know, Monica Lewinsky was free to leave the White House anytime she wanted to.

Not excusing Billy Boy,just keeping things in perspective.
You just compared incidents 200 years apart, if that isn't nonsense I don't know what is. I will give you credit for a new way of ridiculous thinking, the most common excuse for Bill's misdeeds from my Democratic friends is "He is only human.", not Washington owned slaves. I guess my loser nephew doing 2-5 for attempted strangulation of the mother of his bastard child, isn't so bad because Ted Bundy murdered 30 women.

We all know quite a lot of women are mesmerized by men with money and or power regardless of what they look like or how they act. Bill Clinton while immoral isn't stupid, he took advantage of that. We are talking the president of the United States having sex with groupies where his wife and child live, not some pro athlete with an 8th grade education doing it.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-30-2016 at 10:57 AM.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 11:41 AM   #1673
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
There lies the major malfunction of the left. Moral values don't mean shit as long as you can bark and carry a big stick. It's bored out a rotten hole right into the very core of this country's future. Moral fiber decays to the point where nothing else much matters anymore because people are no longer happy. You can see it everywhere already if you're not blind, clueless, and for the most part the cause of it all. It's sickening.
Marshall Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 11:43 AM   #1674
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
There lies the major malfunction of the left. Moral values don't mean shit as long as you can bark and carry a big stick.
And win elections.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:03 PM   #1675
dartman51

Quote:
There lies the major malfunction of the left. Moral values don't mean shit as long as you can bark and carry a big stick. It's bored out a rotten hole right into the very core of this country's future. Moral fiber decays to the point where nothing else much matters anymore because people are no longer happy. You can see it everywhere already if you're not blind, clueless, and for the most part the cause of it all. It's sickening.

Absolutely, SPOT ON.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 12:56 PM   #1676
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Amen!
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 12:58 PM   #1677
mostpost

Quote:
It gets worse - Now billdo is jet setting with a convicted pedophile around the world in an aeronautical version of the love boat to far off locations Asia. Still not a peep from the left. I pray someone has some video.
Who? Dennis Hastert?
Old 06-30-2016, 01:29 PM   #1678
mostpost

Quote:
Another example of guilt by association. And your timeline is off. This is not something that is happening now. The flights took place in the early 2000's. When the allegations against Epstein surfaced in 2005, Clinton immediately severed all contact.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:55 PM   #1679
letswastemoney

I'd prefer if Trump would win today, but I didn't think Bill Clinton was a bad president back then. His sex life didn't matter to me.

What matters is getting the job done right.

I don't believe Hillary Clinton has anywhere near the same logic and reasoning skills as Bill though.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-30-2016, 05:58 PM   #1680
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Another example of guilt by association. And your timeline is off. This is not something that is happening now. The flights took place in the early 2000's. When the allegations against Epstein surfaced in 2005, Clinton immediately severed all contact.
Let me help you out Most...

"I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump told New York Magazine back in 2002. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-...#ixzz4D6PZd25H
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply