Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-31-2023, 06:31 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

Breeders' Cup Both Days. Tell me something I don't know

I have a couple entries in the BCBC. I didn't put up the 10K for each one, I played in smaller tournaments online at Horseplayers.com and Horsetourneys.com to win the entries. One of the Stats I'm interested in is Trainer/Horse Records going off Lasix. And good luck to all this weekend. Let's win a bunch of money,

https://breederscup.com/bcbc

FORMAT

Wager types permitted are Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta and Daily Double (excluding Special Daily Doubles). View the Official Rules or Collusion Statement of Clarification.

ESTIMATED PRIZES

Of the $10,000 buy-in, $2,500 will be placed in the prize pool. For example, if 500 players enter the Tournament, the cash prize pool paid will be $1,250,000.

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 10-31-2023 at 06:33 AM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2023, 06:45 AM   #2
Andy Asaro

BTW this is the second time I've played. Over the years I usually do horrible on Fridays and hold my own on Saturday. And when it comes to my handicapping I'm mostly a feast or famine guy. I could easily blow all the money but hopefully I get at least one entry in contention midway through the final day. Haven't decided on the best way for me to play each ticket based on having two entries.

Appreciate any information that isn't readily available in the PP's.

Good luck
Old 10-31-2023, 10:28 AM   #3
Bustin Stones

If you believe he has a shot against Cody's Wish, I felt Practical Move was destined to win the Ky Derby until scratched. He's been off and had an early Oct tune up. Take a closer look at his situation.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-31-2023, 10:30 AM   #4
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustin Stones View Post
If you believe he has a shot against Cody's Wish, I felt Practical Move was destined to win the Ky Derby until scratched. He's been off and had an early Oct tune up. Take a closer look at his situation.
Practical Move had a "medical episode" on the track a short while ago so he's obviously gonna be scratched
Old 11-01-2023, 06:35 AM   #5
Andy Asaro

Old 11-01-2023, 08:47 AM   #6
Andy Asaro

Rather than knowing who's working well I'm more interested in who's working poorly as long as it not a turf horse working on the dirt.

I think both surfaces will be extremely fast. Capping the early pace is extremely important IMO

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 11-01-2023 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:11 PM   #7
Andy Asaro

Old 11-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #8
Hoops McCann

i think it's cool that there are 3 horses entered sired by Deep Impact. And
I really like Auguste Rodin to win.
Hoops McCann is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2023, 06:06 AM   #9
Robert Fischer
clean money

What are the Juvenile/Classic Doubles paying?
Old 11-04-2023, 10:39 AM   #10
bisket

The only time Zozos faced graded stakes quality speed this year was in the Iselin when he folded to Trademark and Whelen Springs cleaned up in the stretch. Trademark stayed on for place. Interestingly that was also Zozos only 2 turn race... National Treasure has the blinkys on and will be running with Zozos early.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2023, 05:50 PM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
The only time Zozos faced graded stakes quality speed this year was in the Iselin when he folded to Trademark and Whelen Springs cleaned up in the stretch. Trademark stayed on for place. Interestingly that was also Zozos only 2 turn race... National Treasure has the blinkys on and will be running with Zozos early.

Zozos didn't break...

and yes, Cody's Wish didn't break and then did the most running...

but the fact that National Treasure was relatively strong may also bode well for Arabian Knight being sharp.

I don't know if it means nothing at all, or if Arabian Knight will contest a Win in the Classic, or if there will be a 'pace collapse' due to being one of several sharp speeds.

I'd like to see Proxy hit the board. He is relatively pace-dependent, and workman-like. Still, there are several different scenarios where he could be an overlooked exotics add.
Old 11-04-2023, 06:49 PM   #12
stlseeeek

All the juice the chemists have in California couldn't help Baffert win during the breeders cup.

He had them juiced out of their gourds, and still couldn't win a race
stlseeeek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2023, 07:07 PM   #13
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post

Zozos didn't break...

and yes, Cody's Wish didn't break and then did the most running...

but the fact that National Treasure was relatively strong may also bode well for Arabian Knight being sharp.

I don't know if it means nothing at all, or if Arabian Knight will contest a Win in the Classic, or if there will be a 'pace collapse' due to being one of several sharp speeds.

I'd like to see Proxy hit the board. He is relatively pace-dependent, and workman-like. Still, there are several different scenarios where he could be an overlooked exotics add.
The dirt mile was my only play today and Cody’s Wish showed how good he is. There was just something I didn’t like about Zozos from the beginning. It took a lot of time to see that about him because he was impressive In his races. He turned out to be big underlay and I’m glad I was able put a line through him. Proxy did his job and that was a good tri behind the favorite in the Classic. I had tear in my eye when I saw how happy Dutrow was after the race. I think that was his brother Tony with him watching the race.
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2023, 07:34 PM   #14
GMB@BP

Where the heck do you watch the last few races?
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-04-2023, 07:35 PM   #15
horsefan2019

I'm watching on Fanduel. Also the Breeders Cup has the Players Show on youtube.
horsefan2019 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply