Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 10-27-2023, 08:35 AM   #61
bisket

I'll add that if the Pac Classic was at Santa Anita Buscador is much closer to the leaders at the wire. Del Mar isn't kind to a horse coming off the pace...
bisket is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 08:40 AM   #62
Ruffian1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass Hat View Post
I am playing White Abarrio, when Dutrow gets a runner like this he usually gets the maximum out of him. I don't know how he does it, but I am not going to get beat by him.

I wonder, if White Abarrio wins, if Dutrow will fall out of his seat laughing, as he did when Saint Liam won at Belmont. It was the strangest reaction I have seen from anyone in sports after a big win.

Yes. That has always been his first reaction to something really big or exciting. He's done that all his life.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 10:13 AM   #63
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2023, 11:36 AM   #64
bisket

Just finished watching Ushba Tesoro's races. Arcangelo has blown by the field in early stretch and finished evenly late in the last 2 races. Ushba's strong finish could catch him by surprise in this one. Probable race shape favors the Japenese 6 year old as well.
Old 10-28-2023, 11:18 AM   #65
Andy Asaro

Old 10-28-2023, 12:17 PM   #66
affirmedny

affirmedny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 12:22 PM   #67
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Just finished watching Ushba Tesoro's races. Arcangelo has blown by the field in early stretch and finished evenly late in the last 2 races. Ushba's strong finish could catch him by surprise in this one. Probable race shape favors the Japenese 6 year old as well.
A very interesting entry that rolls in off of 6 straight wins. And it isn't like he has been racing against a bunch of tomato cans.

That was a really strong win in the Dubai World Cup back in March.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 01:26 PM   #68
bisket

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceOfFortLarned View Post
A very interesting entry that rolls in off of 6 straight wins. And it isn't like he has been racing against a bunch of tomato cans.

That was a really strong win in the Dubai World Cup back in March.
If you type in the names of his races into YouTube you can watch them. Some of them are only available in Japanese. Lol I had to watch the race once to see which post position. Then watched it over. I watch races all the time as part of my handicapping routine. I like to think from doing this for years I can tell how nicely and fast a horse moves. He’s smooth one… he’s definitely in my exacta and trifecta. Arcangelo dominates the turn and gains his advantage early in the stretch. A late run from a horse like this is a concern for his win possibilities and at this point that’s my exacta. A horse like Senor Buscedor would make a boxed bet the way to go, but shortly after i posted about him I saw the article in DRF. The last thing I want to see is a horse I hope sneaks in there out of nowhere in article in the most circulated handicapping source.
Old 10-28-2023, 02:06 PM   #69
PalaceOfFortLarned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
If you type in the names of his races into YouTube you can watch them. Some of them are only available in Japanese. Lol I had to watch the race once to see which post position. Then watched it over. I watch races all the time as part of my handicapping routine. I like to think from doing this for years I can tell how nicely and fast a horse moves. He’s smooth one… he’s definitely in my exacta and trifecta. Arcangelo dominates the turn and gains his advantage early in the stretch. A late run from a horse like this is a concern for his win possibilities and at this point that’s my exacta. A horse like Senor Buscedor would make a boxed bet the way to go, but shortly after i posted about him I saw the article in DRF. The last thing I want to see is a horse I hope sneaks in there out of nowhere in article in the most circulated handicapping source.
Exactly.

Find I have to watch some of those Japan races 3 or 4 times in order to figure out which horse I'm trying to watch, the trip they are getting, and everything else that is going on.

Last edited by PalaceOfFortLarned; 10-28-2023 at 02:07 PM.
PalaceOfFortLarned is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-28-2023, 06:31 PM   #70
Sysonby

Geaux Rocket Ride has open condylar fracture with some sesamoid ligament damage. They're going to try to save him but the fact the fracture is open raises the risks. This is just incredibly bad news.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2023, 11:37 AM   #71
Sysonby

Mage out of Classic with fever.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-29-2023, 11:37 AM   #72
Andy Asaro

Old 10-30-2023, 05:08 PM   #73
stlseeeek

Baffert has his horses juiced out of their gourds and ready to rock n roll.
stlseeeek is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2023, 06:01 PM   #74
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

Ushba was a mess in gate training today. Connections said it was from the difference in rear part of the starting gate rubbing against his side rear hind end. They will use a pad in schooling him on Wednesday. Hope that makes a difference.

He does look the beast on the track in his gallops and works.

Arcangelo has not been on the track in 2 days, kicked the wall in his stall?, that does not sound good for his prospects.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-30-2023, 08:21 PM   #75
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiley View Post
Arcangelo has not been on the track in 2 days, kicked the wall in his stall?, that does not sound good for his prospects.
That's not what you want to hear if you like him as the favorite.