Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #1231
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Now, you're sure you don't mean Mein Kampf ?
Just wondered.

Sieg heil!

H4C is getting more nervous by the minute...I love it!
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-17-2016, 02:09 PM   #1232
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
This is disgusting. It's not disgusting that a Muslim used a Quran to take the oath of office. It is disgusting that there are Americans so prejudiced and filled with hatred.
That's soooo rich!!! You want to know whats really disgusting, how about the
28,372 DEADLY terrorist attacks since 9/11 now that is disgusting!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 06:56 AM   #1233
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Looks like the presumptive nominee lost another one last night, and Kentucky probably won't be official for a while.

If she doesn't get indicted or has a convenient health crisis, she'll probably establish another political first: first presidential candidate to lose many more elections than she's ever won.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 09:41 AM   #1234
magwell

Even though its a done deal for the Hag, she's looking worn out and more sickly everyday. The Hag may not get the distance.......
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #1235
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

This morning Fox used horse racing as a way to mention the Kentucky primary as a virtual dead heat, and I thought, Yeah, what they really need here is a commentator with racing experience to explain Cheap Speed: lots of 1's at the early calls, lots of losses to show for it.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:55 AM   #1236
delayjf

Quote:
There's probably a thousand things in the Bible that are anti democracy ("The Devil can quote scripture to serve his purpose").but it's still used.Good idea to use the copy of the Constitution;both more religion neutral and more importantly, more relevent.
Like what? Maybe it does, but I can't think of any scripture that is anti-democratic. I do like the idea of the using the Constitution though.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 11:06 AM   #1237
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
Looks like the presumptive nominee lost another one last night, and Kentucky probably won't be official for a while.

If she doesn't get indicted or has a convenient health crisis, she'll probably establish another political first: first presidential candidate to lose many more elections than she's ever won.
Clinton has won 28 primaries and caucuses, Sanders 21.

Total votes:
Clinton. 12.6 million
Trump 11.0 million

Last edited by barahona44; 05-18-2016 at 11:10 AM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 12:59 PM   #1238
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

I'm talking lifetime, which includes her upset by Obama 8 years ago. I'll even give her 2 US Senate races, but not the virtual walkovers in her primaries there.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:44 PM   #1239
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote
Ralph Nader says Clinton will win by "dictatorship" because she gets the votes of 25% of the superdelegates who themselves were not voted on -- they're cronies.''
Ralph Nader is wrong and he is irrelevant. Let's assume the super delegates are simply non existent. Currently it takes 2,384 votes to win the nomination. That is one more than half of the total of 4,767 votes. Eliminating the 715 super delegate votes puts the total at 4,052. In that case, the winning candidate would need 2,027 votes. Clinton currently has 1768 pledged delegate votes. Sanders has 1496.

There are six or seven state primaries and The District of Columbia still to be held, with a total of 798 delegates to be selected. Sanders would need to win two thirds of those to win the nomination. Clinton needs one third to clinch the nomination. Considering that two of the remaining primaries are in New Jersey and California-where Clinton enjoys large leads in the polls-I would say her chances are very good.

He says Sanders would win the popular vote, but the crony superdelegates are there to stop someone like Sanders.

He says Clinton has 3 million more popular votes than Sanders, but that's because in some states independent voters cannot vote in the democratic primary.
So now Nader can read minds and knows that every Independent would vote for Sanders. Each party makes the rules for its own primaries and these rules were made years, even decades, ago. Anyone who thinks this is a conspiracy to defeat Sanders is a fool. He has had every chance. If he gets the nomination I will support him.

As I watch the betting markets put more money on Trump, every day it seems more likely that he will win.
Because of course, the favorite always wins.

I really don't think people want another Clinton in the White House. So it's probably going to be Trump or Sanders, not Clinton.
And I really think that is wishful thinking on your part. Clinton has won appreciably more delegates than Sanders; she is way ahead of him in the popular vote; and she leads Trump in polls in enough states to have a clear electoral college lead.

It would be fun to see Sanders and Cruz run as independents -- just to really make things interesting!
That will not happen.
Old 05-18-2016, 06:04 PM   #1240
highnote

It is fascinating to see how scared the Democrat elites are of Bernie Sanders. Their fear is understandable. If Sanders wins they might be out of a job.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pall-neva...-election.html

Looks like the Democratic party is fracturing just like the Republican party.

This should send a clear message to both parties that American people are not happy with the way things are being run.

It would be interesting to see Sanders would run an independent campaign against HRC in the general if he loses the primary.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #1241
ArlJim78

War On Women?

Hillary campaign spokesman Ed Rendell, spilled the beans on her campaign strategy vis-a-vis women.

Quote:
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell says Donald Trump's past comments on women will likely come back to haunt him because Rendell says "there are probably more ugly women in America than attractive women."
http://bigstory.ap.org/bbbe60d4da94476db6c30252348a5b58
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #1242
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

If a Republican had said that, the Twitterverse would have shut down the entire power grid.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:14 PM   #1243
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He must know Hillary!
Old 05-19-2016, 11:14 AM   #1244
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
He must know Hillary!
He knows Hillary quite well since he was also the (money) bag man for Bill and Hill since the 1992 presidential campaign.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2016, 11:20 AM   #1245
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Ed and Bill have a lot in common, making it comical to listen to him on this issue.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply