Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-19-2010, 04:15 AM   #16
Trotman
Veteran

Dahoss9698 Beyer wrote the story in the Washington Post which questioned how Frank was winning. Then his clone Mark Hopkins and Frank Carlson took it to Walter Blum the State Steward and got the ball rolling. And is'nt that another story Blum, how he passed to become the State Steward with his shady criminal background. And all the lab tests and everything came up negative. This was a public lynching of a trainer that started from a newspaper story by a man who should be a billionaire if his numbers were so right.Frank started in claimers and stayed with claimers and read the condition book inside out and placed them where they belonged. In fact when the streak ended the horse that Frank had Looksgreatincourt was claimed by Frank for 10K and dropped to 7-8 claimer and finished 2nd and was claimed back by the original owner. The horse had more problems than Frank wanted to deal with so he jammed him in for 7 hoping to lose it.
Trotman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 AM   #17
lamboguy

numbers are all about perception. looking at any type of number in the racing game is not going to help you either spot your horse in the right spot, or help you to win a bet. it is nothing but a subjective stance to categorise the performance of a horse in past races. it is not that easy to get the same performance from a horse from one race to the next. often times there are many things that could have happened beyond the control of a number, like weather, track bias, health of the animal.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 08:50 AM   #18
Trotman
Veteran

lamboguy in all my time handicapping I've never used a Beyer number in my work and I've been capping over 40 years. The bottom line here is that not only Frank but other trainers as well saw that Gulfstream done away with the 25% hike after the claim you could run them where you wanted to and Frank liked this. Lets not forget Frank owned most of his horses for this fact and others had shares in them. This way he called the shots. There are many so called experts in this game that can't read a condition book or tell the difference between one end of the horse or other. I agree totally with what you say about relying on a number because there is a hole in the pressbox wall at Gulfstream to prove that when you live by the number you die by the number.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:03 AM   #19
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotman
lamboguy in all my time handicapping I've never used a Beyer number in my work and I've been capping over 40 years. The bottom line here is that not only Frank but other trainers as well saw that Gulfstream done away with the 25% hike after the claim you could run them where you wanted to and Frank liked this. Lets not forget Frank owned most of his horses for this fact and others had shares in them. This way he called the shots. There are many so called experts in this game that can't read a condition book or tell the difference between one end of the horse or other. I agree totally with what you say about relying on a number because there is a hole in the pressbox wall at Gulfstream to prove that when you live by the number you die by the number.

I dont know him and dont know what really happened regarding the past and the people you have mentioned. I do know that this thread was started to honor his passing and it seems as if you have turned it into a way to bring up very negative things and bring up issues that you personally have with others on and off this forum......that doesnt seem like a very classy thing to do.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #20
lamboguy

i didn't know frank paccero at all. i might have seen him in gulfstream one year. what he did was quite an accomplishment back then. he was most certainly a good horseman. in the past and today when a trainer wins at a very high percentage, or improves a horse off a claim everyone is screaming dirty larceny. meaning that the trainer had to be using some type of drugs that are non-detectable, and they work like rocket fuel. to date i have not seen this rocket fuel or what ever they want to call it. i know there are things that cheaters use to enhance the performance of a horse like snail or snake venom, or a breathing medication that can be undetectable with lassix. when a trainer wins a bunch of races they get watched like a hawk. secrets around a race track are never secrets. if someone is doing something out of the ordinary they get caught. so when someone tells you that a trainer is using something, and you ask him what is the guy using. they always answer the same way, he has to be using something. don't listen to that guy, he doesn't know any more than any of us.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 09:30 AM   #21
Horseplayersbet.com

Here is a news article from 1996:
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/199...passero-horses

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-19-2010, 10:14 AM   #22
Trotman
Veteran

Relwob Owner this incident was in the very first post by KnightSky and before things came out that were not true I gave a little background that's all. Frank Passero was good for racing and this is only my opinion and if some did'nt have a vendetta for the man it would have been even greater for Gulfstream. Heck even back when Bobby Frankel started claiming horses and winning bunches of races there were people who said he was up to something and he went on to being one of the greatest trainers. Frank was a great trainer as well but stayed with the claimers. They are probably sitting at some track kitchen up above looking for their next claim in the form, may both of these gentlemen rest in peace.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:38 AM   #23
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Relwob Owner this incident was in the very first post by KnightSky and before things came out that were not true I gave a little background that's all. Frank Passero was good for racing and this is only my opinion and if some did'nt have a vendetta for the man it would have been even greater for Gulfstream. Heck even back when Bobby Frankel started claiming horses and winning bunches of races there were people who said he was up to something and he went on to being one of the greatest trainers. Frank was a great trainer as well but stayed with the claimers. They are probably sitting at some track kitchen up above looking for their next claim in the form, may both of these gentlemen rest in peace.

Yes, the incident was mentioned but you did much more than "give a little background".....in your first post, you specifically mentioned someone who should be ashamed for their actions and went on to add people to the list in later posts, showing you clearly have an agenda....much more than "giving a little background", no?

Again, not very classy in this thread and that is just my opinion.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #24
Trotman
Veteran

Relwob Owner how can you tell who's running unless you have the form or the program. The other names all had their part in this, no agenda by me.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:02 PM   #25
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Relwob Owner how can you tell who's running unless you have the form or the program. The other names all had their part in this, no agenda by me.

I already stated that I didnt know him or the participants and simply thought you interjecting something that happened years ago was inappropriate and not classy. Re-read your posts, evealuate if you had an agenda,,,,you clearly took shots at specific people and if you cant see it, we just agree to disagree, thats all.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #26
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Dahoss9698 Beyer wrote the story in the Washington Post which questioned how Frank was winning. Then his clone Mark Hopkins and Frank Carlson took it to Walter Blum the State Steward and got the ball rolling. And is'nt that another story Blum, how he passed to become the State Steward with his shady criminal background. And all the lab tests and everything came up negative. This was a public lynching of a trainer that started from a newspaper story by a man who should be a billionaire if his numbers were so right.Frank started in claimers and stayed with claimers and read the condition book inside out and placed them where they belonged. In fact when the streak ended the horse that Frank had Looksgreatincourt was claimed by Frank for 10K and dropped to 7-8 claimer and finished 2nd and was claimed back by the original owner. The horse had more problems than Frank wanted to deal with so he jammed him in for 7 hoping to lose it.
This a hell of a way to remember your friend. Correct me if I'm wrong, but according to all of the stories I have read, a groom was seen applying the pepper to a horses genitals. Then the complaint was filed. Honestly, why even bring this up? You were tired of biting your tongue, so you took to a message board, in a RIP thread, to get it all out? Classy.

I'm glad people like Beyer write stories about racing that no one else can or will. It's unfortunate Mr Passero passed.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply