Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #1
Shelby

The Rebel and Azeri Stakes-Oaklawn

Saturday, March 19th.

http://www.ntra.com/content/display/news/NDc2MTc=

http://www.ntra.com/content/display/news/NDc1OTc=

-----------------------------

I'm excited as heck to see Blind Luck and possibly Havre De Grace and Payton d’Oro!

Also, it will be interesting to see how The Factor does in The Rebel. Dreaminofthewin might do pretty well (IMO)
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 11:54 PM   #2
point given

Forget about Payton D'Oro, read that Havre De Grace dusted her in a workout so said Larry Jones.

In the Rebel, I m looking for Sway Away insstead of the Factor.

Last edited by point given; 03-14-2011 at 11:57 PM.
point given is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
forced89

Elite Alex will win the Rebel!!!
forced89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #4
LRL Racing

Oaklawn Races

First of all let me thank you for your compliment of Payton. Havre de Grace did outwork Payton the other morning. Payton is working very good for her return but she hasn't raced in 344 days but is training great according to Larry and Terry. As for Havre de Grace they told me she was phenominal....
Hope you have fun if you are at the track and if Payton runs back to her old self and gets the job done come get your picture taken!
LRL Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #5
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRL Racing
First of all let me thank you for your compliment of Payton. Havre de Grace did outwork Payton the other morning. Payton is working very good for her return but she hasn't raced in 344 days but is training great according to Larry and Terry. As for Havre de Grace they told me she was phenominal....
Hope you have fun if you are at the track and if Payton runs back to her old self and gets the job done come get your picture taken!
I'll be there Thursday evening We love Oaklawn --it's an 8 hour or so drive, but it's worth it!

I am speechless . Your invite when she wins--I'd love to, but I'd be too shy. Believe me, when she wins, I'll be the short, long haired girl on the cement steps nearest to where the owners sit, CHEERING HER LUNGS OUT

Last edited by Shelby; 03-15-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 PM   #6
Beachbabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
I'll be there Thursday evening We love Oaklawn --it's an 8 hour or so drive, but it's worth it!

I am speechless . Your invite when she wins--I'd love to, but I'd be too shy. Believe me, when she wins, I'll be the short, long haired girl on the cement steps nearest to where the owners sit, CHEERING HER LUNGS OUT
C'mon Shel, you can't turn down that invitation.
Beachbabe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 10:40 AM   #7
crazyjeff8

If any PA members will be in attendance at Oaklawn this Saturday and you still need a seat, PM me. I have two seats in section N.

I couldn't be more excited - the Rebel looks like it will be a wide open race.
crazyjeff8 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
LRL Racing

Oaklawn

Shelby; Payton runs at 5:11 pm Thursday. Do you plan to be at Oaklawn by then? If so the invitation stands. All you got to do is yell at me as I head to the winner's circle coming down the stairs where you will be. I always watch my races from the top of the stairs in the section you reference. I will be the short chubby guy with no hair on top.

Don't be so shy....I invited Winter Triangle and she went back to the barn and met Larry and Cindy as well as get to see all their horses. Don't tell me you wouldn't like to see Joyful Victory, Havre de Grace, etc.....and get a few photos.

Thanks for the support and hope your cheering picks Payton up a little when they turn for home. Remember to yell out if we get the deal done.
LRL Racing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
Southieboy

Oaklawn Park has added two stakes races to its racing program as part of a third round of purse increases announced by the track Wednesday. It also has bumped up the purse of the Grade 3 Count Fleet Sprint Handicap on April 14 from $150,000 to $200,000.

Overnight purse increases were to go into effective with Thursday’s card. Claiming races will be increased by $300 each, while all other overnight races will be bumped up by $1,000.

http://www.drf.com/news/oaklawn-park...two-new-stakes
Southieboy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 03:46 PM   #10
The_Knight_Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby

I'll be the short, long haired girl on the cement steps...
Quote:

I will be the short chubby guy with no hair on top.
I think we have a match.
The_Knight_Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-16-2011, 05:58 PM   #11
Shelby

Quote:
Shelby; Payton runs at 5:11 pm Thursday. Do you plan to be at Oaklawn by then? If so the invitation stands. All you got to do is yell at me as I head to the winner's circle coming down the stairs where you will be. I always watch my races from the top of the stairs in the section you reference. I will be the short chubby guy with no hair on top.

Don't be so shy....I invited Winter Triangle and she went back to the barn and met Larry and Cindy as well as get to see all their horses. Don't tell me you wouldn't like to see Joyful Victory, Havre de Grace, etc.....and get a few photos.

Thanks for the support and hope your cheering picks Payton up a little when they turn for home. Remember to yell out if we get the deal done.
We're aiming to get there by 3 tomorrow afternoon!

Good luck and be safe. And give Payton a rub on the nose from me. And, I'll see you in the winner's circle!!! (although, I still might chicken out lol)
Old 03-16-2011, 05:59 PM   #12
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Knight_Sky
I think we have a match.
Old 03-17-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Shelby... ya gotta take that offer from LRL...not just the winners circle, but going to the backside would be incredible for you...an experience you won't ever forget...if you've never been, it's a world you must step into at least once...

I'm jealous reading these posts...I wanna be there too ...

and the very best racing luck to Payton...you all have a fun time gettin' your photo taken after the race...LRL...I'll be watching it on TV here in Wyoming

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-17-2011, 07:49 PM   #14
Shelby

Mr. Presley is SO nice!

Like 10 mins after we got to the track, a gentleman came up the cement steps and said "are you Shelby?" OMG I couldn't believe that he took time to find me. He sat and talked to us for a while. I loved it! Thank you, Mike!! You've made our weekend!

Payton got 3rd--and looked really great doing it. Mike said the race was too slow for her. So, I know she'll get 'em next time. And, 3rd --heck, that's great!!!

Anyway, it was very exciting. He had nothing but great things to say about Larry and Cindy Jones. If I ever get the honor of owning a race horse, I know who I'll ask first if they can train it!

Thank you again , Mike!

BTW, I took a picture of the tote board that shows Payton, but I have to wait until I get home to post it.

Also, I am PRAYING that the room next to ours isn't filled with the same RUDE people that we had last time. Sigh.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #15
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Shelby... well, no win photo, but Payton ran well after her layoff...I don't think anyone was gonna catch that Lukas filly...Payton WILL get them next out

I'm so glad LRL came to find you...there are good folks in this world, and he sounds like one of them...and sounds like you are having a wonderful time

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply