Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #16
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplayersbet.com
The problem lies with the customers?

First off, exchange betting creates growth. Young players will start up who knew little about horse racing before. Many exchange players jitney into the mutuel pools and also play exotics.
You continue to prove with every post that you care about nothing but your own pocket. I have no idea why you insist that another entity care about something rather than their own pocket when you do the same, only caring about yours.

I care about the sport. I want the tracks, the handicappers, and everyone in between to succeed. If you want handicappers to be a partner in the process, then you need to want the same and look at everything from all angles and perspectives than always coming down on the side of your own pocket.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
You continue to prove with every post that you care about nothing but your own pocket. I have no idea why you insist that another entity care about something rather than their own pocket when you do the same, only caring about yours.

I care about the sport. I want the tracks, the handicappers, and everyone in between to succeed. If you want handicappers to be a partner in the process, then you need to want the same and look at everything from all angles and perspectives than always coming down on the side of your own pocket.
You continue to show me with every post that you are a ditz.

I look at all angles. I want to see this game grow. It has nothing to do with my pockets. You just keep showing your lack of common sense and economics.

And I'm being nice.

Horseplayersbet.com is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 11:43 AM   #18
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
Believe me it's the guys in California that started this. It was leaked to me (us) by one of their own who is against raising the takeout. It is another example of a "gang that can't shoot straight". Once again if they kept the takeout at reasonble levels a company like Betfair would never gain traction.
What do you mean by "the guys in CA?" Are you just talking about the takeout hike or the Betfair part. I know the CHRB is behind the takeout hike, I'm interested in knowing if someone on that board is supporting Betfair's efforts.

Charlie, the price of the BC is equivocable to the prices for Royal Ascot. That's why I gave you a "normal" day at the track of $30 and up, not the Royal Ascot prices. And I see you agree that bookmaking (which is what Betfair is) doesn't actually help the European system but harms it.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:44 AM   #19
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
You continue to show me with every post that you are a ditz.

I look at all angles. I want to see this game grow. It has nothing to do with my pockets. You just keep showing your lack of common sense and economics.

And I'm being nice.
Don't worry about being nice, "Horseplayersbet.com". Just conversing with you on this forum makes me feel the need for a hot shower.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #20
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
What do you mean by "the guys in CA?" Are you just talking about the takeout hike or the Betfair part. I know the CHRB is behind the takeout hike, I'm interested in knowing if someone on that board is supporting Betfair's efforts.

Charlie, the price of the BC is equivocable to the prices for Royal Ascot. That's why I gave you a "normal" day at the track of $30 and up, not the Royal Ascot prices. And I see you agree that bookmaking (which is what Betfair is) doesn't actually help the European system but harms it.
Betfair found a way to get someone to put an amendment in the bill that the track owners didn't want. This was supposed to be a stealth bill but after Betfair found out about it they did their thing. I'm quite sure that Betfair buys off politicians the same as the track owners. That's the way I see it. If anyone thats been involved sees it differently please let me knonw.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #21
Hoofhearted
Work Rider

Quote:
The only people who would support this bill are those who don't care about racing's survival in the U.S.
Just as the only people who wouldn't support the bill are the head-in-the sand vested interests whose sole motivation is in protecting their own monopolies.

It's understandable in a way why these vested interest groups -- tracks and Tote etc -- are so dead set against exchanges; any jurisdictions where exchanges have been allowed have seen a very sizeable migration of value-conscious gamblers away from traditional bookmakers and from the Tote. No business wishes to see a viable alternative arise.

Unfortunately for them -- the vested interest groups -- they are blowing against the wind. They are future-denying Luddites. A couple of years ago Australian bookmakers and tracks fought tooth-and-nail against the legalization of exchanges. To no avail; eventually peer-to-peer exchange betting arrived.

Exchange betting is the future, imo, and will come to California ( and elsewhere ) sooner or later.
Hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #22
Charlie D

Quote:
I care about the sport. I want the tracks, the handicappers, and everyone in between to succeed.

If this is true FF, then i am totally confused why you oppose this. Exhanges are good for handicappers and that being so, it has to be good for racing.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #23
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Don't worry about being nice, "Horseplayersbet.com". Just conversing with you on this forum makes me feel the need for a hot shower.
You really have zero clue. I want bigger purses. I want more to see more horseplayers. I want to see more owners. I want horse racing, a game I love to be mainstream.

I just know how to accomplish it. You obviously don't. So take your hot shower. You probably are bright enough to know which way to turn the faucet. I'll give you that much credit.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:49 AM   #24
Charlie D

Quote:
You really have zero clue. I want bigger purses. I want more to see more horseplayers. I want to see more owners. I want horse racing, a game I love to be mainstream.

I just know how to accomplish it. You obviously don't. So take your hot shower. You probably are bright enough to know which way to turn the faucet. I'll give you that much credit.

Calm down HPB. FF just needs some education i think.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #25
Charlie D

Also FF, exchanges attracts traders, these people have no or little interest in racing.

In other words, Exchange betting creates revenue from a source the Tote can not.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:53 AM   #26
Hoofhearted
Work Rider

And I have no idea why Fager F thinks that betting exchanges are automatically detrimental to the sport.
Betfair/ Betdaq provide a level of transparency ( every bet digitally recorded etc) that was previously unmatched. Many corrupt owners Laying their own horses to lose, and corrupt jockeys have been prosecuted directly as a result of Betfairs systemic security reportage.
Hoofhearted is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #27
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
Calm down HPB. FF just needs some education i think.
He is a disingenuous horse owner who has no understanding when it comes to growing the game.

Heck, I part owned over 40 horses in my life. Anyone can be a horse owner. Like horseplayers, we are all gamblers who are part of a base that loses collectively.

Horseplayers have to lose collectively. So hoping for horseplayers to succeed is just a silly statement. What Horseplayers want is a chance to win in the long run, just like horse owners.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #28
Charlie D

OK HPB. Just trying to stop this thread turing into a slanging match.

People like FF and those calling for people to oppose need education imho.

Last edited by Charlie D; 08-21-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #29
Horseplayersbet.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie D
OK HPB. Just trying to stop this thread turing into a slanging match.

People like FF and those calling for people to oppose need education imho.
I apologize. You are right. But I'm frustrated because Pace Advantage is the best place in the universe for the type of education FF needs. And this isn't the first time I've tried to splain things to him.

He really should ask himself why an ADW owner with no intention of entering the exchange business be pro exchange betting?

Old 08-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #30
Charlie D

He should HPB.

Racing has nothing to fear from exchange betting. All US racing has to do is ensure the pie is cut up fairly.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: