Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #1
betovernetcapper

Lightbulb Jockey Club Reaction

Jockey Club president Allen Marzelli today called for urgent action and read from a letter sent by The Pace Advantage Board with more than 400 signatures and reported by Bloodhorse.

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=40315

Guys this is good but it's only a start. Please join me tomorrow night in the War Room to discuss the boycott.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

What time?
Old 08-19-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
betovernetcapper

Post time 1st at MNR?

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 08-19-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
foregoforever

Lot of interesting stuff in the article, but this is what got me sputtering ...

Quote:
Jockey Club president Alan Marzelli ... used Equibase, the partnership of The Jockey Club and Thoroughbred Racing Associations, as an example of how stakeholders can work toward a common goal.
If Equibase is considered a success story, we're all screwed.
foregoforever is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 12:32 AM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Guys, the petition was a complete success in a SMALL amount of time! Congrats on getting the highest levels of the sport to acknowledge our concerns! That was the goal of the petition. I doubt we could have hoped for more given the time constraints involved.

In less than 1 week, we've had multiple articles written about our efforts and our letter was read to the assembled members of the JC by their President & COO.

Unfortunately, I will be travelling Monday evening, so I won't be able to attend the War Room meeting. I do LOVE the idea of targeting a small track/pool to bet INTO (as opposed to a boycott at this time). This will be seen as a POSITIVE action that will turn some heads, as opposed to the negative overtone of a boycott. I'm not saying that boycotts should be taken off the table, only that they shouldn't necessarily be the next step.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 12:45 AM   #6
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

amen, lets have a PROCOTT. We need to reward a friend, somewhere.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 01:07 AM   #7
NoCal Boy

How about Louisiana Downs as a friendly track to bet into?

The Louisiana HBPA seems to be very vocal and proactive on the ADW side advocating open access and non-exclusivity. Perhaps Louisiana Downs would be a good choice to bet INTO as I believe all ADW's take the track. Evangeline is a TVG exclusive track so that does not work.

Any thoughts?
NoCal Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 01:09 AM   #8
Topcat

nice job to get any attention or mention at all.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:41 AM   #9
betovernetcapper

Yeah-PTC also carries LAD

Old 08-20-2007, 02:29 AM   #10
prospector

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
Yeah-PTC also carries LAD
i firmly believe it should be a PTC track...this all started with woodbine's game with PTC...
Nocal boy..i bet evangeline with PTC..
Old 08-20-2007, 08:33 AM   #11
Rook

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospector
i firmly believe it should be a PTC track...this all started with woodbine's game with PTC...
I absolutely agree. We should give a huge boost to a tiny PTC track like Assiniboia Downs or Northlands who are in favour of openess and rebates while at the same time completely boycotting Woodbine until they issue an apology to PTC and end their collusive anti-horseplayer practices.
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #12
stu

Albuquerque

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospector
i firmly believe it should be a PTC track

If you are going to 'procott' please consider Albuquerque on Wednesday. As racing secretrary, I am proud of the 101 horses that I have in on a 10-race card. The increased handle from the 'procott' will help this paceadvantage contributor.

shameless,
stu
stu is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 08:47 AM   #13
speedking

Excellent job so far by all those who have put this together on such short notice and thanks to all those who have contributed.

The idea of promoting and supporting 1 fan friendly track is a novel idea and deserves consideration, but I also like the concept of boycotting 1 track (Woodbine?) in conjunction with this approach.

speedking

Last edited by speedking; 08-20-2007 at 08:48 AM.
speedking is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 09:04 AM   #14
Rook

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu
If you are going to 'procott' please consider Albuquerque on Wednesday. As racing secretrary, I am proud of the 101 horses that I have in on a 10-race card. The increased handle from the 'procott' will help this paceadvantage contributor.
I would love to give a hand to ALB. For the first time in my I bet on your track this week. One thing that needs to be fixed is that 10 cent ALB supers are currently unavailable through PTC and with only $1,800 pools, a $1 minimum doesn't encourage much action.
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #15
ceejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I do LOVE the idea of targeting a small track/pool to bet INTO (as opposed to a boycott at this time). This will be seen as a POSITIVE action that will turn some heads, as opposed to the negative overtone of a boycott. I'm not saying that boycotts should be taken off the table, only that they shouldn't necessarily be the next step.
I agree. You get more flies with honey than vinegar!
ceejay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply