Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-06-2019, 08:01 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Libs to burn down the Times!

Libs want to burn the Times!!

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2019/...over-the-edge/
Old 08-06-2019, 08:59 AM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

There will be plenty more MASS SHOOTINGS by those with a far-left liberal bend in the coming months...if the sickness and mental illness displayed in those tweets are any indication of the gargantuan instability just sitting out there SEETHING....

These people truly are SICK. There is no other way to describe it.

1000x worse than when GWB was president...and I thought I'd never see anything like THAT again...
Old 08-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
incoming

The demise of the Democrat Party began in 1994 after a long reign. I think what we are witnessing now is the slow unraveling of a once political giant. Hopefully, in the near future of our Republic it will become just a footnote.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2019, 10:31 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Times shows edit's total lack of class and integrity by changing the headline. Dems show their lack by objecting to the TRUTH, once AGAIN.

RUSSIANS, WIKI LEAKS, now the NY Times - how the HELL are the dems going to win an election if people keep reporting the TRUTH?
Old 08-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #5
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

LULZ

And we're supposed to take guys like FanDan and hcap seriously?

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2019/0...nity-headline/

THEY CHANGED THEIR ****ING HEADLINE.

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE FOREVER WHENEVER SOMEONE SAYS THERE IS NO MEDIA BIAS
Old 08-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #6
classhandicapper

US liberals are the new totalitarians (and also delusional).
Old 08-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #7
Marshall Bennett

Just business as usual. Nothing shocking about it.
The fact that all those leftist leaders of the Russia hoax are still free of the law is what's shocking!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

"All the news that fits their agenda!"
----------------NY TimesD
Old 08-06-2019, 04:26 PM   #9
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
There will be plenty more MASS SHOOTINGS by those with a far-left liberal bend in the coming months...if the sickness and mental illness displayed in those tweets are any indication of the gargantuan instability just sitting out there SEETHING....

These people truly are SICK. There is no other way to describe it.

1000x worse than when GWB was president...and I thought I'd never see anything like THAT again...
A couple of thoughts... the NYT headline seemed ok to me. What's wrong with promoting unity vs. racism? I guess the complaints on PA are from conservatives toward liberals who are critical of the headline because it makes Trump look good? Aren't newspapers supposed to report the truth? I have to side with conservatives on this one, even though I am generally more of a centrist or left-leaning liberal libertarian.

There are always going to be vocal individuals on twitter who want attention because they are trying to get more followers. They want to be "influencers". Trump does it everyday.

I follow Leighton Vaughn-Williams on twitter. He is the Director, Betting and Political/Sports Forecasting Units, Nottingham Business School. Are there professors in the U.S. with "Betting" in their title?!

Leighton once tweeted that the best way to get followers on twitter is to tweet out something that is politically controversial. You will get a lot of hate tweets in reply he says, but you will also pick up a lot of followers. Fortunately, he says he does not use this tactic. Nate Silver has always been anti-Trump. Leighton often has called him out on his bias -- especially leading up to the 2016 election.

Finally, if you want more followers then take Trump's advice, "Bad publicity is better than no publicity."

NYT might actually pick up more subscribers because they are getting FREE PUBLICITY!

Last edited by highnote; 08-06-2019 at 04:29 PM.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-06-2019, 06:01 PM   #10
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Oh good grief!
Old 08-06-2019, 06:52 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
A couple of thoughts... the NYT headline seemed ok to me. What's wrong with promoting unity vs. racism? I guess the complaints on PA are from conservatives toward liberals who are critical of the headline because it makes Trump look good?
You guess? I thought you were supposed to be a smart guy. Nothing about what you wrote above was hidden...it was plain as day what "PA Conservatives" were expressing.

I'm starting to think maybe ReplayRandall had a point yesterday. He expressed it in the utmost assholish fashion, but maybe he had a point after all about you.
Old 08-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #12
highnote

Quote:
You guess? I thought you were supposed to be a smart guy. Nothing about what you wrote above was hidden...it was plain as day what "PA Conservatives" were expressing.

I'm starting to think maybe ReplayRandall had a point yesterday. He expressed it in the utmost assholish fashion, but maybe he had a point after all about you.
I knew when I posted I was probably asking for trouble because people might think I have some agenda. My only agenda is understanding what it is about the headline that has people so upset. I seriously do not understand what is so upsetting about the headline.

Was it wrong for NYT to publish that headline?

Nate Silver criticized it. Why? Because NYT said something good about Trump?

Are people upset because NYT changed the headline? It's a digital publication. It's not like in the old days of hard copy where you couldn't change it.

I guess I'm missing the point. I will admit that there are a lot of people in this world far smarter than me.

Are PA conservatives complaining about the liberals who complained about the headline because the headline praises Trump? If they are, then I agree with them and disagree with the liberals.

Is that so bad?

If liberals are critical of NYT over that headline then this is another good example why Trump will win in 2020.

Last edited by highnote; 08-06-2019 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #13
highnote

Quote:
You guess? Nothing about what you wrote above was hidden...it was plain as day what "PA Conservatives" were expressing.
On the second time reading it through it makes more sense. It was just a such a weird story it took me a while to make sense of it. Liberals bashing the NYT?

I saw the headline and I truly did not understand what the issue was because the headline seemed truthful to me.

So my understanding is that conservatives are bashing liberals because the liberals bashed the NYT.

If that is not a weird disconnect, I don't know what is.

So, yeah, I did not get it on the first read through. That's why I commented on it, but I did not expect to be attacked for not understanding. Isn't that why we're here -- to gain knowledge?
Old 08-06-2019, 08:14 PM   #14
highnote

Quote:
You're wrong about this. I never had any ulterior motive except to understand the controversy. And I tried to take a big picture view of it. It is a fact that people will be controversial on twitter in order to get more followers. I felt like the liberals who were critical of NYT were tweeting just to get more followers.

As for Randy... he has been attacking others, too. See this post by Randy from yesterday towards Magister Ludi:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...99&postcount=8

Ludi posted a link. Randy called it a "low energy post". Then he accuses Ludi of regurgitating information. Then he posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall
In other words, you've got nothing of your own....Understood.

BTW, I'm not a Elsevier LBGTQ type of guy like you.
That was an unnecessary series of attacks. And to throw in "LBGTQ type of guy like you". Disgusting.

Personally, I found Ludi's original post helpful. I did not know about the scholar link for the google search engine. I will keep it in mind for future reference.

Further, if Randy wanted me to not post in "his" thread, all he has to do is ask nicely and I would refrain from posting.

Last edited by highnote; 08-06-2019 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #15
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I admit I haven't paid much attention to you in the past. That's going to change going forward.

You're a fascinating read.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: