Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-15-2016, 10:29 PM   #1
SG4

NYRA Roku channel

Does anyone use the NYRA Roku channel? I used to have intermittent issues with its connectivity but now I'm going on a few months where it just hasn't worked for me period. I've unplugged the Roku & all that, still no luck. Is it just me with these problems or are others experiencing the same?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2016, 06:27 AM   #2
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4
Does anyone use the NYRA Roku channel? I used to have intermittent issues with its connectivity but now I'm going on a few months where it just hasn't worked for me period. I've unplugged the Roku & all that, still no luck. Is it just me with these problems or are others experiencing the same?
Yes. Rebooting the Roku will allow it to work for me for a session or two. After that it will say the video is unavailable. Started happening a few months ago. Prior to that it was rock solid. I contacted Andy via twitter and he told me no one else had indicated any problem with the app. He sent the problem to their staff and they advised I re-boot my Roku which does work for my Roku 3.

If you rebooted and that did not help. You may want to uninstall, then reinstall the channel. Also, check your NYRA Rewards account to make sure it is still linked. Other than that, I do not know.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 04-16-2016 at 06:31 AM.
JimG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2016, 02:35 PM   #3
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimG
Yes. Rebooting the Roku will allow it to work for me for a session or two. After that it will say the video is unavailable. Started happening a few months ago. Prior to that it was rock solid. I contacted Andy via twitter and he told me no one else had indicated any problem with the app. He sent the problem to their staff and they advised I re-boot my Roku which does work for my Roku 3.

If you rebooted and that did not help. You may want to uninstall, then reinstall the channel. Also, check your NYRA Rewards account to make sure it is still linked. Other than that, I do not know.

Jim
Did all the above, still no luck. Wonder how many people are actually using this channel, when they say nobody else indicated a problem do you ever get the feeling there's like 5 other people using it?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2016, 12:44 AM   #4
GatetoWire

I use it and have had the same issue.
I generally need to re-boot the Roku every day but once I do it always works.
GatetoWire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 09:20 PM   #5
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

So, just for shits and giggles, I set up the ROKU that NYRA gave me.

Got through it relatively quickly. Then...

Couldn't find the NYRA channel. 30 minutes of wasted life later, went to NYRA rewards, googled etc. Found nothing useful.

Went to "my account" in NYRA Rewards, copied and pasted the "ROKU LINKING CODE", USELESS.

I am absolutely convinced that NYRA removed the TV access, so that they can close Telebet, have handle drop BIG TIME and then say:

Aqueduct needs to close, we just can't be profitable with it open and running live racing.

Dirty politicians and NYRA crooks sell AQU to the highest developer and many get tons of cash in their pockets.

Ala Roosevelt Raceway and almost like other well known tracks that are worth more as pieces of "low income housing" "condo" etc.

If a 40 year old with relevantly decent tech savy (Overall I am a tech idiot but I am above others my age) can't figure out, there is no way the average older person will.

Still disgusted and repulsed.

Now with that said, can anyone direct me into how I can add this channel to my Roku? What is the secret to adding the channel? I looked to see if I could delete and recreate my linking code, not possible.

I checked all of PA's threads, googled it, checked tons of pages, nothing helpful.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 12-24-2016 at 09:24 PM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-24-2016, 09:40 PM   #6
Garyinseattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
So, just for shits and giggles, I set up the ROKU that NYRA gave me.

Got through it relatively quickly. Then...

Couldn't find the NYRA channel. 30 minutes of wasted life later, went to NYRA rewards, googled etc. Found nothing useful.

Went to "my account" in NYRA Rewards, copied and pasted the "ROKU LINKING CODE", USELESS.

I am absolutely convinced that NYRA removed the TV access, so that they can close Telebet, have handle drop BIG TIME and then say:

Aqueduct needs to close, we just can't be profitable with it open and running live racing.

Dirty politicians and NYRA crooks sell AQU to the highest developer and many get tons of cash in their pockets.

Ala Roosevelt Raceway and almost like other well known tracks that are worth more as pieces of "low income housing" "condo" etc.

If a 40 year old with relevantly decent tech savy (Overall I am a tech idiot but I am above others my age) can't figure out, there is no way the average older person will.

Still disgusted and repulsed.

Now with that said, can anyone direct me into how I can add this channel to my Roku? What is the secret to adding the channel? I looked to see if I could delete and recreate my linking code, not possible.

I checked all of PA's threads, googled it, checked tons of pages, nothing helpful.

I agree. NYRA definitely set up a ROKU channel, then put a bug in it so it doesn't work in an attempt to close Aqueduct. Makes perfect sense.

IF the track survives this well thought out attack on it's ability to continue then the next step will probably be to ship in in the Loch Ness Monster and set him in the infield lake with the hopes he will feed on horses as they pass the finish line....causing trainers to really second guess on running there......eventually forcing the track to close due to a severe horse shortage.

I think both of these strategies make a lot of sense.
Garyinseattle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 02:36 AM   #7
plainolebill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyinseattle
I agree. NYRA definitely set up a ROKU channel, then put a bug in it so it doesn't work in an attempt to close Aqueduct. Makes perfect sense.

IF the track survives this well thought out attack on it's ability to continue then the next step will probably be to ship in in the Loch Ness Monster and set him in the infield lake with the hopes he will feed on horses as they pass the finish line....causing trainers to really second guess on running there......eventually forcing the track to close due to a severe horse shortage.

I think both of these strategies make a lot of sense.
Makes sense to me, I'm glad I wasn't drinking coffee when I read that.
plainolebill is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-25-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
JimG

I use the NYRA app on my Roku often, so I am not sure what the recent posts are about?

To put the NYRA app on your roku:

1) sign in to your roku account at www.roku.com
2) Once signed in, click on your account, then under manage account, click on add a channel, In channel access code enter NYRA It will then ask you if you want to add the NYRA channel to your account. Click yes, then go to your ROKU.
3) In Roku, the channel will not appear until you update the Roku. You do this by going to settings, then system update. The Roku will then add the private NYRA channel. After doing this, then go to your Roku home menu, click on NYRA app and it will ask you for the linking code from your NYRABets account you referred to earlier. Enter the linking code and you are all set. When the races are not running, they have a continuous loop of "Talking Horses" on.

That's it. It seems like a lot, but it is a one time thing once the app has been added and linked correctly. There was more steps because it is a private, not a public roku channel.

Hope that helps you. If you get stuck, write back.

Jim

Last edited by JimG; 12-25-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:44 AM   #9
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I use the NYRA app on my Roku often, so I am not sure what the recent posts are about?

If you have put the app on your Roku, the first time you try to use it , you will need to put in the linking code from your NYRA account. If you are having trouble putting the app on your Roku, I will try to walk you through it.

Jim
Thank you Jim.

I set up the roku. I did a search and couldn't find the NYRA network..I quickly realized you need an account to see it as its possibly a private channel, went to Nyra rewards and Nyra bets. Found the Roku option. Clicked on their link to add the channel. A new roku page opened up. My info was there and I was logged in to my roku account. It asked me for an access code to add my channel. I copy and pasted (and manually) took my linking code and nothing..

I got a nyra person I know to try and help me but they couldn't..

Yes. Please help Jim. Thank you.
Old 12-25-2016, 10:50 AM   #10
JimG

Please see my edited post above.

Jim
Old 12-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #11
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

I will do so when I'm back in front of it..thanks Jim..

Btw , are these instructions somewhere? How else will anyone else know to do this?
Old 12-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #12
JimG

I think some instructions are in NYRABets but it is down right now, likely for Christmas. Not a good time to add the channel. LOL

I will try to keep an eye on this thread tomorrow in the am to see if any questions arise. I have been using the for over a year with only minor hiccups at times. For the most part, it has worked well.

Jim
Old 12-25-2016, 10:59 AM   #13
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I think some instructions are in NYRABets but it is down right now, likely for Christmas. Not a good time to add the channel. LOL

I will try to keep an eye on this thread tomorrow in the am to see if any questions arise. I have been using the for over a year with only minor hiccups at times. For the most part, it has worked well.

Jim
Thank you again !!!!!

By any chance , do you use RTN as well? If yes, any issues?
Old 12-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #14
JimG

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
Thank you again !!!!!

By any chance , do you use RTN as well? If yes, any issues?
Yes I do for this month, and it has great potential. I love the hd feeds of Tampa Bay and Gulfstream as well as feeds of all tracks. At times it does buffer which is an indication of not enough server capacity or download speed on my part. I have plenty of internet speed and connect wired, not wireless so I think it is an issue with them. Yesterday I was watching a race, and it buffered as they turned for home, which was maddening. LOL

Jim
Old 12-25-2016, 11:06 AM   #15
JimG

BTW, If you get the livestream app for your Roku, there is an hd feed of Gulfstream and Laurel on it as well as XBTV Live when they broadcast on most Saturdays. The app is free and you can do a simple search for the streams.

Jim

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: