Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-19-2007, 05:40 PM   #16
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEBUCKS
I have yet to see such an egregious attemt at punctilious stupidity!
You know, your intellectual statement almost worked. Missed it by thatmuch.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #17
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

Zman179

Zman179, your point was?

I currently have (4) ADW accounts. In order to cover the menu of tracks available to us that we did not have years ago. I would rather have just one, and be able to bet ALL tracks.

I think the consensus is overwhelming. To start a thread like that, I am sure Good4Now knew he was going to catch some dissension.

What is your take?
Old 08-19-2007, 07:56 PM   #18
betovernetcapper

Petition standing with Jockey Club

This afternoon Jockey Club president Alan Marzelli, said the the ADW structure required urgent action

http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=40315

This is a very good start-see you tomorrow night in the War Room to discuss the boycott.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 08:03 PM   #19
Zman179
Registered Wacko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQUEBUCKS
Zman179, your point was?

I currently have (4) ADW accounts. In order to cover the menu of tracks available to us that we did not have years ago. I would rather have just one, and be able to bet ALL tracks.

I think the consensus is overwhelming. To start a thread like that, I am sure Good4Now knew he was going to catch some dissension.

What is your take?
My original point was a joke. However, I fully agree as to what you stated on this post.

Nonetheless, to call somebody stupid just for divulging his/her dissenting opinion often suppresses one from expressing what he/she really thinks in the future. I would simply state that I strongly disagree on his stance and explain my reasoning behind my proper statement.
Zman179 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 09:51 PM   #20
Good4Now

Been busy all day,

just got back. I am glad to see something may come of the petition.

In many threads here the question kept coming up, thousands of views but four hundred plus signatures? I am as anxious as anyone to see things change for the better for those who wager on horse races and agree with any who say we as customers are treated poorly.

I am in favor of trying to show them our wagers are a significant factor even if it means witholding them. I started the POLL on "what type of wager do you make" so we can say this is what we do that affects handle. To me it shouldn't matter how much or how often only the fact that we do wager into this or that pool.

I feel no need to defend my position beyond what I initially stated. I was trying to answer a question. I come here because it is a forum. We express what we want based on what we believe. The ideas, opinions and statements here cover a broad spectrum. I often find them informative, interesting and humorous.
Good4Now is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #21
dylbert
Turf Economist

Dissent Permitted

The greatest thing about living in this free society is freedom of speech and the ability to express dissent. Disagreement and stupidity are not synonyms. Please respect those who express opinions that differ from yours.

My favorite personal story about freedom and dissent relates to my late father who was career US Air Force officer. He opposed anti-flag burning amendment. His reason was "I may not approve of someone burning US flag, but I and many others have served our country to protect the right for someone (knucklehead was his word) to perform such an act." That statement played in my head at his funeral as the flag was presented to my mother and the US government stated its appreciation for his service.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 AM   #22
Ponyplayr

This Boycott is nothing more than an attempt to steer business to the tracks that Premier Turf Club offers.. Here is a link to their tracks,, http://www.premierturfclub.com/tracks.htm

Why?? They get free data from HDW and I'm thinking...REBATES

Basically... They want to take money from me so PTC can give it to them.

Screw that.. I say Boycott the Boycott!!

Read the War Room transcript..Notice how they want to help Ian...hmmmmm
Ponyplayr is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 09:16 AM   #23
GoBabyGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyplayr
This Boycott is nothing more than an attempt to steer business to the tracks that Premier Turf Club offers.. Here is a link to their tracks,, http://www.premierturfclub.com/tracks.htm

Why?? They get free data from HDW and I'm thinking...REBATES

Basically... They want to take money from me so PTC can give it to them.

Screw that.. I say Boycott the Boycott!!

Read the War Room transcript..Notice how they want to help Ian...hmmmmm
hey numbnuts what is your point. this isnt about ptc but they actually give a damn about us. why such a hardon for ptc anyway. i think you must be a plant for somebody.

Last edited by GoBabyGo; 08-21-2007 at 09:18 AM.
  Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #24
Ponyplayr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBabyGo
hey numbnuts what is your point. this isnt about ptc but they actually give a damn about us. why such a hardon for ptc anyway. i think you must be a plant for somebody.
My point is obvious.
This thing is all about steering business from one ADW to another.
I'm not playing that game.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:54 AM   #25
speedking

Quote:
My point is obvious.
I'm not shilling for PTC and neither is anyone else on this board. What we are attempting to do is funnel business to the player friendly ADW's (PTC) and tracks.

PTC is an innovator in this business and deserves support. I don't know how many other outfits carry tracks such as ASD and ALB, but you are not going to bet directly into their pools without an ADW and PTC offers the best terms by far.

I realize that we don't represent all players on this board and that is why the petition requested individual signatures. I'm sure that many members will be uncomfortable and refuse to play a smaller track like ASD, but I hope most will give them a chance. On the other hand, maybe they will show their support by not playing AP or WO.

This is not a game and we're not getting kickbacks from PTC or any track we choose to support. If you or anyone else does not see the value, especially the long-term potential, of this movement; then just keep on doing as you have always done and best of luck to you. Just don't accuse us of anything underhanded or question our motivation.

speedking
speedking is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 10:29 AM   #26
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
My point is obvious.
This "thing" is certainly NOT about steering business from one ADW to another. It's about LEVELING THE PLAYING FIELD for ALL involved. If that means making things better for folks like PTC or YouBet, then so be it.

PTC isn't the only ADW that will benefit from a level playing field. And we as handicappers will certainly benefit from the competition that develops.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 08-21-2007 at 10:32 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 11:47 AM   #27
Good4Now

ponyplayer

also brings to the surface an interesting reflection.

Picture; racing executives discussing the foreseeable future...

"What if the horseplayers organize?"

Boisterous laughing heard.
Good4Now is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 12:24 PM   #28
betovernetcapper

The Positive side of Ponyplayr's post

Good4Now knows he's not the stupidest person on the board.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2007, 12:44 PM   #29
Ponyplayr

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
Good4Now knows he's not the stupidest person on the board.
I'm smart enough to see through the bullshit boycott.

Good luck at Assiniboia Where all the genius's play
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #30
kenwoodallpromos

WO

Woodbine IS one of their tracks on their list.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: