Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 08-19-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Good4Now

I chose NOT to enter into the Petition

Since I am very much aware of the concept of "Standing" as a starting point of serious discussion when involving a group with a defined membership.

As you may or may not know, to bring a motion before a court of Law ( as an example ) you must have "Standing" in the eyes of the Court for your motion to be heard. The Jockey Club is a defined member group, and while we are the 'customer' it does not necessarily mean we have standing.

Stated in other thread: "they may not wish to insult us BUT they choose to ignore us".

IT certainly does not mean I am not tired of being IGNORED!
Good4Now is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 10:22 AM   #2
stuball

I think you be missing the point

The point of this whole exercise is to take the steps necessary to be
recognized as a group with 'STANDING' We are tired of being a
necessary part of the wheel and not being recognized as such.

Stuball
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #3
DJofSD
Screw PC

Why are you worried about a legal concept? I give a fat rat's ass about legal standing. This is a protest man. If you are satisfied with the current status quo, then, fine, don't sign. I'm certainly not happy about it. As an example, I went to DMR yesterday expecting to bet the Iselin H. at MTH. Surprise -- CA wasn't taking the race. A grade 3 race but I can't even watch it. Sucks, big time.

If this ever were to come to a legal challenge which side would you be on at that time?

Last edited by DJofSD; 08-19-2007 at 10:31 AM.
DJofSD is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #4
Cangamble
Agitator

Well at least I know that I'm not the stupidest member of the Pace Advantage Forums.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #5
njcurveball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Now
The Jockey Club is a defined member group, and while we are the 'customer' it does not necessarily mean we have standing.
And how do you propose we get "standing", by back-biting the amazing good one person did by starting a petition?

You may not choose to be ignored, but you have made my ignore list!
njcurveball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 12:21 PM   #6
kenwoodallpromos

Court of law

Quote:
Since I am very much aware of the concept of "Standing" as a starting point of serious discussion when involving a group with a defined membership.

As you may or may not know, to bring a motion before a court of Law ( as an example ) you must have "Standing" in the eyes of the Court for your motion to be heard. The Jockey Club is a defined member group, and while we are the 'customer' it does not necessarily mean we have standing.

Stated in other thread: "they may not wish to insult us BUT they choose to ignore us".

In courts of law in Ca, only those in the judge's proffession of attorney ever have "legal standing".
But all the time expert witnesses are accepted as qualified to testify as experts based on their resume'.
Just think of the people whose names are used as expert witnesses or "freind of the court". If the Jockey Club or the racing industry in general does not accept many persons with 20-40 or more years of handicapping experience and part of who is producing $3 billion in takeout yearly as worth listening to, it is time to play Texas Hold'em!! Or at least pick out a very small track to bet so the industry will see a big infusion of wagering and know what's what!!
Old 08-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #7
kenwoodallpromos

ALB Downs

One of our members is the racing sec' of the Downs, where on the 18th there were 2 daily double pools, totals about $1,000.00 and $500.00.
Announce ahead of time betting on its DD's for 1 day and let the industry see what the total is.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Doesn't supplying the MONEY for whole damn sport equatea to standing?
See how long racing lasts without betting.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:59 PM   #9
toetoe
Veteran

No offense, Cangamble, but your POST was arguably "stupid." The guy made a decent point WITH a considerate preface. Flame off, Johnny Storm.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #10
AQUEBUCKS
maximan

GoodForNow

I have yet to see such an egregious attemt at punctilious stupidity!
Your are definitely a piece of work...
Old 08-19-2007, 01:25 PM   #11
betovernetcapper

Guys-lighten up-we will know in a few hours how ignored or insulted to feel and can begin planning appropriate action then. I'm cautiously optimistic that we may have a positive response and in that case, Good4Now, I'm sorry but your not going to be invited to the victory party.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #12
chickenhead
Lacrimae rerum

Quote:

It has raised awareness already...compared to doing nothing it is a guaranteed win.
chickenhead is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #13
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenwoodallpromos
One of our members is the racing sec' of the Downs, where on the 18th there were 2 daily double pools, totals about $1,000.00 and $500.00.
Announce ahead of time betting on its DD's for 1 day and let the industry see what the total is.
That is a great idea-I'm in

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #14
betovernetcapper

BTW-ChickenHead was one of the 1st people to sign the petition-he did it via pmail with his real name.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:52 PM   #15
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cangamble
Well at least I know that I'm not the stupidest member of the Pace Advantage Forums.
I feel somewhat responsible here. In another post I asked if someone didn’t sign the petition I thought an interesting thread would be to state their reasons why not.

G4N has done that and I think we can agree calling him stupid is a bit out of line regardless of our opinion.
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: