Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-19-2007, 01:48 AM   #16
Topcat

Chick,

Well who can argue with anyone who has a Hunter Thompson avatar? <G>
Old 08-19-2007, 01:49 AM   #17
trying2win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat
...Because too many horseplayers are too passive.

When GA lobbied for the internet ban I reported that my my congressman said I was the only letter objecting and that they had received hundreds in support of the legislstion thanks to the Gambler's Anonymous campaign for the ban.

If you need further proof take a look at the Jockey Club petition on this page. As of this writing there are over 14,000 views but less than 500 electronic signatures. At any given time PA's board has 300 members on and to get so few to electronically sign is really poor. Geez it doesn't even require a postage stamp.

And we wonder why tracks don't lower takeouts or offer rebates. They say we'll play whatever is offered. C'mon folks give it some effort and prove them wrong.
Great post Topcat. Well said. We need more members to speak out. And not just speak out exclusively here at the PACE ADVANTAGE. I like the way more members are actually sending emails to stodgy racetrack and horsemen executives and telling them what they think of their Neanderthal ways of thinking and their hiding behind an array of excuses about some of their suspicious 'policies'. Kudos to these members.

I've just recently sent emails to WEG AND HASTINGS PARK, telling them what I think about their treatment of PTC etc. I told them both I won't bet their tracks anymore through HPI. 'Talk is cheap' is the old cliche. So true on this topic. WEG and HASTINGS PARK know I'm talking with my wallet now. Hopefully more PA members will speak with their emails and wallets too at these and other tracks, run by stuffy individuals.

After crossing HASTINGS PARK off my list, I added LOUISIANA DOWNS to my betting schedule. And playing straight bets at LAD, pays a higher cash rebate from PTC to boot than playing at HASTINGS PARK did.

~"Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure."

--Don Wilder

Last edited by trying2win; 08-19-2007 at 01:54 AM.
trying2win is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 01:50 AM   #18
betovernetcapper

I have to get some sleep, but remember less than a week ago not only were there zero signatures, but the notion that we could bring the war home to the Jockey Club would have been seen as science fiction.impretty pleased

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #19
TimesTheyRAChangin
Fast Women & Slow Horses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat
Well, I hope I am over estimating the unique views and it is great that you have that much time on your hands to read/review the same thread 100 times-myself-I read it once,signed it and haven't been back-somewhere between your experience and mine are the true number of unique views. After all if those who signed it and viewed it 100 times as you have we would have 43,200 views so we know your experience is not the norm.
I would bet a lot of people,like myself,check it EVERY DAY,to see who else has signed up,or,waiting to see if a specific poster is even going to.
TTRAC
TimesTheyRAChangin is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 09:49 AM   #20
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesTheyRAChangin
I would bet a lot of people,like myself,check it EVERY DAY,to see who else has signed up,or,waiting to see if a specific poster is even going to.
TTRAC
An interesting thread might be if you are aware of it and choose not to sign up, list you’re rational.
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #21
Good4Now

O.K. DanG

I'll do that. As I am one who chose not to.
Good4Now is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 10:39 AM   #22
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Now
I'll do that. As I am one who chose not to.
Democracy in action ‘G4N…Good deal.

BTW: Fascinating to read through the petition thread. Could you find a more frustrated customer base almost anywhere? Just incredible how so many from a variety of regions and walks of life are have such similar experiences.
~ George Bernard Shaw
Old 08-19-2007, 11:27 AM   #23
betovernetcapper

DanG-coming from a restaurant background you might find this interesting-there is a rumor that someone from CDI has asked that a certain seafood appetizer be removed from today's menu because it sounds too much like CRAP Cakes . Again this is only a rumor so I don't know how true it is.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #24
DanG
Easy Goer

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper
DanG-coming from a restaurant background you might find this interesting-there is a rumor that someone from CDI has asked that a certain seafood appetizer be removed from today's menu because it sounds too much like CRAP Cakes . Again this is only a rumor so I don't know how true it is.
LOL!!!
~ George Bernard Shaw