Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:39 PM   #7756
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
Hyperbole aside
Hyperbole, you mean like this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
CANCEL THANKSGIVING & CHRISTMAS and EVERYTHING else so we actually CAN ACHIEVE THE GOAL OF THE DESTRUCTION OF THE FAMILY UNIT!

In all caps, no less.

From my point of view, nothing destroys the family unit quite like having a loved one in ICU in a coma on a vent, and/or actually dying from Covid. (there will be plenty of those after all the gatherings, of that you can be certain).

But I won't tell anyone not to gather for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

The risk-to-reward ratio is something they will have to determine for themselves.

Last edited by clicknow; 11-24-2020 at 12:40 PM.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 12:55 PM   #7757
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Again, though, it's not about just dying. It's about the false comfort people have that there will actually be a hospital bed, or even a place in a rehab facility, or trained staff, to care for them if they DO get sick (and not just from covid). That reality will be coming to them shortly.
More scare tactics. I've seen this song and dance before. Back in March/April/May

And then I saw all these facilities rushed to be built (some by that non-responsive VIRUS HOAX POTUS Trump, which is kind of remarkable since I was told he did nothing), which went UNUSED...because it never materialized....

But hey...why not double down...I'm game.
Old 11-24-2020, 12:56 PM   #7758
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Hyperbole, you mean like this?

In all caps, no less.

From my point of view, nothing destroys the family unit quite like having a loved one in ICU in a coma on a vent, and/or actually dying from Covid. (there will be plenty of those after all the gatherings, of that you can be certain).

But I won't tell anyone not to gather for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

The risk-to-reward ratio is something they will have to determine for themselves.
Still zero condemnation of Gov. Newsom from this supposed non-partisan.

How shocking.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:31 PM   #7759
clicknow

Quote:
Still zero condemnation of Gov. Newsom from this supposed non-partisan.

I'm not a lock-stepper partisan, so I don't always agree with, defend, nor bash, every person who is in any certain political party.

That is the beauty of thinking for yourself. I don't pledge my allegience to any one political party. To me, that is absolutely no different than being in a cult.

Partisan True Believers are captive audiences who seem to have a lot of anxiety. I've noticed it in both the Progressives and the Trumpsters. Being a member of a cult is a tough journey....not one I wish to take.

It does reallly seem to bother you that I have chosen freedom for myself.

I've lived in 14 states. Newsome isn't my governor, but because I am not in a cult, there is no need for me to agree or disagree with everything he does, like Trumpsters did with Trump.

There are reasons I don't live in CA.
There are also reasons I don't live in Florida.

Find your sweetspot and you will be much happier, and do not become a prisioner of party politics. Each party will say things to reel you in and get your $$ and votes............critical thinking goes a long way toward helping separate all that out and cease to be victimized.

I'm sorry it upsets you so much that I am not a prisoner of politcal parties.
But you are so extremely partisan that it doesn't do much good to try to have these conversations with you.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #7760
clicknow

If I set myself the task of following each and every nutcase Republican or Democrat politician, and what they do or don't do, I wouldn''t have time for real life.

I've actually sat at family dinner table wtih 2 of my representatives in the past. (they were local). I've had an opportunity to tell them what I like and don't like. If I am overuled by the people in the state I live, then I do have the option of moving elsewhere. Otherwise, I accept that I've been overrulled and get on with my life.

95% of my life is lived outside of partisan politics. That gives me a lot of options in terms of the friends I have, the churches I go to, my relationship with my great neighbors, and my volunteer work in my community. I have generally found that outside the virtual world of keyboard warrriors on the internet, most people are able to get along with each other pretty well, as they are stable adults who can accept disagreement. At least, that has always been my experience. Of course, I surround myself with flexible people who are not extremists. That probably helps some.

Last edited by clicknow; 11-24-2020 at 03:43 PM.
Old 11-24-2020, 03:37 PM   #7761
46zilzal
velocitician

Quote:
I'm not a lock-stepper partisan, so I don't always agree with, defend, nor bash, every person who is in any certain political party.

That is the beauty of thinking for yourself. I don't pledge my allegiance to any one political party. To me, that is absolutely no different than being in a cult.

Partisan True Believers are captive audiences who seem to have a lot of anxiety. I've noticed it in both the Progressives and the Trumpsters. Being a member of a cult is a tough journey....not one I wish to take.

It does really seem to bother you that I have chosen freedom for myself.

I've lived in 14 states. Newsome isn't my governor, but because I am not in a cult, there is no need for me to agree or disagree with everything he does, like Trumpsters did with Trump.

Find your sweet spot and you will be much happier, and do not become a prisoner of party politics. Each party will say things to reel you in and get your $$ and votes............critical thinking goes a long way toward helping separate all that out and cease to be victimized.

I'm sorry it upsets you so much that I am not a prisoner of political parties.
But you are so extremely partisan that it doesn't do much good to try to have these conversations with you.
A member of one of the endangered species today: AN OPEN MIND
Old 11-24-2020, 03:49 PM   #7762
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
e

Actually there are many of us. I've lived in a red state in one of the most conservative counties in the state, and yet, I have had zero problems with anyone. I do avoid extremists though. Everyone has that choice.

Unfortunately, on the internet, the loudest and most insistent voices are the trumpsters and the uber-progressives, so it is hard to have an authentic conversation with them......about anything, even the simplest thing. Both groups are so highly indoctrinated, and inflexible. Again, study what happens to cult members. It's pretty classic
Old 11-24-2020, 04:18 PM   #7763
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:

That is the beauty of thinking for yourself. I don't pledge my allegience to any one political party. To me, that is absolutely no different than being in a cult.

It does reallly seem to bother you that I have chosen freedom for myself.

Find your sweetspot and you will be much happier, and do not become a prisioner of party politics. Each party will say things to reel you in and get your $$ and votes............critical thinking goes a long way toward helping separate all that out and cease to be victimized.

I'm sorry it upsets you so much that I am not a prisoner of politcal parties.
Upset me?

I think your hypocrisy is hilarious.

If off-topic upset me, I assure you...I would just shut it down for as long as necessary.

I come here to laugh out loud (how many times have I posted that youtube video of the woman laughing her ass off?)....some of you are a riot.
Old 11-24-2020, 04:20 PM   #7764
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
An open mind who has not one typed word of condemnation for Gov. Newsom.

You as well 46zilzal...your mind is so open, you don't care that a Governor of a Democrat state tells everyone how much they have to SELF-ISOLATE and WEAR MASKS and SOCIAL DISTANCE...yet he goes out to dinner with 5 other couples sitting closely around a table, in a restaurant, INDOORS with NO MASKS

And you guys don't say one word.

What do you call that in your highly educated world 46zilzal?

I have multiple degrees myself, and I call it massive hypocrisy or willful ignorance. Take your pick smart guy.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:24 PM   #7765
46zilzal
velocitician

I am the ONLY one here, WHO REPEATEDLY was amazed throughout my practicing life on the way people sought out professional help (even going to get 2nd and 3rd opinions based upon the same evidence I gave them), got somewhere near the same diagnosis and treatment options, then RAPIDLY discarded the entire educated evaluation for their OWN stupid behavior, all the time telling themselves the LIE: "Well IT won't happen to me! Who are these people telling me what to do?"

THE MOST FRUSTRATING thing about diagnosis and treatment plan work: when the idiots discard it all and that is what we are seeing with all these IDIOTS not following the logical, proven science...MITIGATION works, it is just that many weak minded listen to corn fed Bull shit and don't follow time tested maneuvers
Old 11-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #7766
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I am the ONLY one here, WHO REPEATEDLY was amazed throughout my practicing life on the way people sought out professional help (even going to get 2nd and 3rd opinions based upon the same evidence I gave them), got somewhere near the same diagnosis and treatment options, then RAPIDLY discarded the entire educated evaluation for their OWN stupid behavior, all the time telling themselves the LIE: "Well IT won't happen to me! Who are these people telling me what to do?"

THE MOST FRUSTRATING thing about diagnosis and treatment plan work: when the idiots discard it all and that is what we are seeing with all these IDIOTS not following the logical, proven science...MITIGATION works, it is just that many weak minded listen to corn fed Bull shit and don't follow time tested maneuvers
You are definitely not an intelligent person.

Your brain cannot read a reply, then actually RESPOND to the written words on the page.

I can't for the life of me understand how you continue to function as a human being. Are you disabled? Did you have a stroke? You're showing all the symptoms.

I'm just going to sit here and call out the obvious as I see it.

And it's obvious to me that you are suffering some sort of disability and probably shouldn't be posting here...try concentrating on getting well.
Old 11-24-2020, 07:30 PM   #7767
TJDave

Quote:
(how many times have I posted that youtube video of the woman laughing her ass off?)
That was a WOMAN?
Old 11-24-2020, 07:58 PM   #7768
thaskalos

If that was a woman...what does she have to laugh about?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 08:25 PM   #7769
Ocala Mike

I volunteered for a clinical trial of a COVID-19 vaccine run by Acurian Health out of The Villages, about 45 minutes from me. I passed the initial screening, and will know on 12/8 with an on-line video interview if I will be a participant. Feeling useless just staying at home all the time; gotta do my part to save the world.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-24-2020, 08:27 PM   #7770
46zilzal
velocitician

what the governor of California does has nothing to do with me, never has