Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #346
Burls
Veteran

If only Sidney Powell were there.
Then things would have been different.
Very different; trust me.

Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 08:07 PM   #347
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I don't understand. Hasn't the Trump message all along been to "stop worrying about the virus, and get on with life?" Isn't this what most of the members here have been advocating...as they make fun of the few here who are "hiding in basements or under their beds?

I don't get the criticism here, Margie.
Seems that Gov Newsome seems to have taken his advice .....meanwhile, telling all the peasants that he rules, that it's DO NOT GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES,
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 08:12 PM   #348
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
Seems that Gov Newsome seems to have taken his advice .....meanwhile, telling all the peasants that he rules, that it's DO NOT GET ON WITH YOUR LIVES,
In Illinois...the governor is telling us to keep our Thanksgiving house guests to a minimum. I wonder how many guests he will entertain in his mansion.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 08:15 PM   #349
Elkchester Road

Quote:
I've been reading a new book recently which has made a grand impression on me. Here it is...in case someone here gets curious enough to check it out for him/herself:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1785355872...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Allow me to offer a small snippet from the very beginning of the book, as an appetizer:

"You can control nothing other than your own attitudes, values, and efforts directed at self discipline. The rest of the world is as it is, will be as it will be, and unfolds as it does with or without your consent. This is as it should be. Indeed, this is as it must be. You have enough to contend with just governing your own thoughts and actions. Master yourself, administer your affairs, discipline yourself, and you will have accomplished more than most ever dare. This is your only purpose. Are you not ashamed to allow the events of the day to throw you off balance? What business is it of yours if lives begin or end, warfare erupts here or peace is restored there, economies shudder, earthquakes strike, or storms beat down upon the land? Will it all to be otherwise if you can. What answers directly to your will? That, and only that, is your business. Do not invite needless distress and perturbation by insisting that the world must conform to your expectations or whims. Who, after all, do you think you are? Control the very small sphere that answers to your direction. As for the rest, cultivate gratitude for the opportunity to draw breath and take part in a life that you never earned."
VERY interesting snippet, thaskalos. Thank you for posting it.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:07 PM   #350
newtothegame

Quote:
In Illinois...the governor is telling us to keep our Thanksgiving house guests to a minimum. I wonder how many guests he will entertain in his mansion.
You know Gus, its reasons like these that have so many skeptical.
How do you, speaking of our supposed elected officials, come out and claim this to be the greatest threat to mankind since...(fill in the blank).
Out in all these rules and regulations, and in some cases threaten locking up people with large fines....'
Then, turn around and later that evening throw a huge bash and party, breaking EVERY single thing you've just imposed??????

Either these politicians believe that they are superhuman and are basically immune, or......Well you can draw your own conclusion.
Seems hcap and 46 have bought hook line and sinker what Newsome and the Ill governor are selling......
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:12 PM   #351
Burls
Veteran

Old 11-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #352
thaskalos

Quote:
You know Gus, its reasons like these that have so many skeptical.
How do you, speaking of our supposed elected officials, come out and claim this to be the greatest threat to mankind since...(fill in the blank).
Out in all these rules and regulations, and in some cases threaten locking up people with large fines....'
Then, turn around and later that evening throw a huge bash and party, breaking EVERY single thing you've just imposed??????

Either these politicians believe that they are superhuman and are basically immune, or......Well you can draw your own conclusion.
Seems hcap and 46 have bought hook line and sinker what Newsome and the Ill governor are selling......
"Don't invite people to your house who don't belong there"...the stupid mayor of Chicago declared on TV the other day. As if we were inviting such people to our houses before the coronavirus.

It isn't that these politicians believe that they are superhuman. They are being dishonest...that's all. They want to be able to go out to parties themselves...but they pass the "company line" down to us just so they can appear "responsible" during a time of fear and deep confusion. It's the classic..."do as I tell you and not as I do" motto that the priests have made so popular. They are trying to control us through intimidation...and we let them get away with it.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #353
newtothegame

Quote:
"Don't invite people to your house who don't belong there"...the stupid mayor of Chicago declared on TV the other day. As if we were inviting such people to our houses before the coronavirus.

It isn't that these politicians believe that they are superhuman. They are being dishonest...that's all. They want to be able to go out to parties themselves...but they pass the "company line" down to us just so they can appear "responsible" during a time of fear and deep confusion. It's the classic..."do as I tell you and not as I do" motto that the priests have made so popular. They are trying to control us through intimidation...and we let them get away with it.
I definitely get the control part, as its ALL ABOUT THE CONTROL.
But I am curious as to your thoughts on this GOD DEADLY VIRUS? You know the one Lambo updates us with these HORRIFIC numbers daily...... ????

It can't be all that bad if these politicians are ignoring it right in front of us ...right????
governed.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #354
TJDave

Quote:
Life’s not fair.

There have always been two sets of rules. It’s the way the world works.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:58 PM   #355
thaskalos

Quote:
But I am curious as to your thoughts on this GOD DEADLY VIRUS? You know the one Lambo updates us with these HORRIFIC numbers daily...... ????

It can't be all that bad if these politicians are ignoring it right in front of us ...right????
I attracted the coronavirus about 6 weeks ago. At 59 years old and in presumed good health...I suffered more than I thought I would. I had a fever of 103 degrees which lasted for about a week...and I was so weak that I literally spent 2 weeks in bed. Sweating, chills, heavy cough, general exhaustion...and the appearance of a breathing problem which found me reaching for the phone to call an ambulance. I resisted the urge...and was lucky enough to put this episode behind me.

Is it just another name for the flu? Clearly, NO. But I don't think that it should scare us to the point where we spend the Holidays in isolation from our friends and family members...regardless of what our "leaders" are telling us.

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-21-2020 at 10:03 PM.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:05 PM   #356
newtothegame

Quote:
I attracted the coronavirus about 6 weeks ago. At 59 years old and in presumed good health...I suffered more than I thought I would. I had a fever of 103 degrees which lasted for about a week...and I was so weak that I literally spent 2 weeks in bed. Sweating, chills, heavy cough, general exhaustion...and the appearance of a breathing problem which found me reaching for the phone to call an ambulance. I resisted the urge...and was lucky enough to put this episode behind me.

Is it just a another name for the flu? Clearly, NO. But I don't think that it should scare us to the point where we spend the Holidays in isolation from our friends and family members...regardless of what our "leaders" are telling us.
Definitely glad you've recovered.
I also think a person can contract the flu, covid, whatever and it will affect people differently. For all the struggles you went through, there are plenty who barely noticed sweats! Thats not to diminish what you experienced by any means.

I just don't believe people should be scared to the point that it has happened.

Glad you well though sir.....
governed.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:09 PM   #357
fast4522

Quote:

It is highly infectious, our President and his friend Herman Cain both had it. Only 1 % die, some politicians have had the virus and released their information and some politicians have had the virus and not released their information. Not all asymptomatic positives stay home like they should. In the ultra liberal world getting caught is the only problem.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-21-2020, 10:20 PM   #358
TJDave

Quote:

Is it just another name for the flu? Clearly, NO. But I don't think that it should scare us to the point where we spend the Holidays in isolation from our friends and family members...regardless of what our "leaders" are telling us.
What about someone at 69 with the beginnings of chronic lung disease? How cavalier should I be about attracting coronavirus?

Curious...do you also feel confident that the disease is behind you?
Old 11-21-2020, 10:58 PM   #359
Burls
Veteran

Old 11-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #360
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
What about someone at 69 with the beginnings of chronic lung disease? How cavalier should I be about attracting coronavirus?

Curious...do you also feel confident that the disease is behind you?
I don't know that I am being cavalier about this, TJ...all I said is that I would like to share the Holidays with some friends and family. I am a loner by nature...but I don't like it when some hypocrite politician tells me that I should keep only 6 people in my house at any one time during the Holiday season.

And, NO...I don't feel confident that this disease is behind me; in fact, I'm not feeling too well as we speak. That's why I specified that it was only that "episode" that was left behind me. What the NEXT episode brings about, who can tell?

Last edited by thaskalos; 11-21-2020 at 11:00 PM.