Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #46
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Figure
I you change the jcp to drf it will work.
Yeah, Jeff mapped his JCP files to the same field structure as the 2 Bris single files. He did that, to my understanding, so some of his JCapper subscribers could use the AllData workbooks, and other Bris compatible programs, for their own additional data manipulations.

They work fine in all the AllData workbooks, don't even have to change the file extension. But in this program, if it's not programmed to accept other file extensions, you would have to change the JCP extension to either .drf or .mcp.

A word of caution: Don't mix Bris files with JCapper files, some of the data calculations are different, so in a database environment, for example, you would not get the needed accuracy in mixed file types. Use one or the other.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America

Last edited by raybo; 04-03-2013 at 04:05 PM.
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #47
headhawg
crusty old guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
They work fine in all the AllData workbooks, don't even have to change the file extension. But in this program, if it's not programmed to accept other file extensions, you would have to change the JCP extension to either .drf or .mcp.
I will fix that in HHXv3, if I ever get around to finishing the code. Life keeps getting in the way. That and coding roadblocks.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #48
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg
I will fix that in HHXv3, if I ever get around to finishing the code. Life keeps getting in the way. That and coding roadblocks.
Believe me, I know what you mean! Product support takes time and effort, but life doesn't care about such stuff.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #49
wononce
wononce

printing

can you print out the files from hfast? if so how? any help would be
be fine. thanks
wononce
wononce is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2013, 07:45 PM   #50
headhawg
crusty old guy

wononce,

Are you talking about printing the screen that shows the ratings for each horse by race number or do you mean something else?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #51
wononce
wononce

printing

printing the screen of each race card in full. can it be done??
thanks wononce
Old 08-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #52
mmdorn

Handifast Printing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wononce
printing the screen of each race card in full. can it be done??
thanks wononce
Hi Wononce,

What version of Hanifast are you using. I have the source code for Headhawg's last version, and have added some printing to it. I am only printing fields that I want, and I will attach a pdf copy of today's Sartoga, so you can see what I have done.

Mike
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Sar082613 Handifast.pdf (89.8 KB, 311 views)
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #53
headhawg
crusty old guy

As Mike said, the HHX code (my version of Handifast) doesn't have a print option. I never got around to adding it. The workaround would be to create the .csv file that outputs the Handifast ratings and then print through Excel. Or use Mike's version if he cares to share it.

I am not sure if Handiman's version of Handifast included printing. I think no, but I am not sure. BTW, I wonder how the hell Handi is doing. Handi, if you're out there...
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #54
SoCaGambler

Hi Mike,
That is a great addition to a wonderful program. Would you be so kind as to explain how you made this addition? I don't know a thing about programming but would like to add this feature to my copy of HHX v2.1 if it is not too complicated to do. Thanks in advance.
Chuck
SoCaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #55
wononce
wononce

printing hfast

Mike. we are using golden horse one. where you can open multi
tracks at once. if this is the you use, is it possiable to print out
a version like you have showen??? thanks for the ansser.

ron.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:43 PM   #56
mmdorn

Handifast Printing

Ron,

Any version of Handifast has to be modified by the programmer, and a new or modified version re-released for all to use. The Golden Horse version was programmed by Handiman, and he would have to add the printing function. If he reads these posts, maybe he will chime in about it. If not you would have to contact him. Let's hope he chimes in.

Chuck,

Headhawg is the programmer for the version you are using, HHX v2.1. At the moment, he is very busy, and can not even work on his new release HHX v3.0. He has given me permission, to modify HHX v2.1, to add the printing function, and fix some small problems in the program. Because of my obligations, this will not be a quick fix. I will try and modify it as quickly as possible. Once completed, the program will be re-released for all to use.

Mike
mmdorn is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2013, 08:38 PM   #57
wononce
wononce

printing

MMDORN thanks for the reply. wononce
Old 08-27-2013, 10:41 PM   #58
barshoe

MMDORN thanks
barshoe is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2013, 11:56 PM   #59
headhawg
crusty old guy

Unfortunately Mike is right. I have been very busy and my to-do list is outrageously long. I really did start work on a near total rewrite of HHX but got stuck on the coding the layout of the scratch screen and then life got in the way. Until recently, I wasn't even interested in the horses anymore (except for the team contest) even though I still frequented Pace Advantage.

I am glad that Mike has volunteered to write the print code. He is better at doing that than I am, and if I attempted to add it who knows when it would be finished. Mike could probably add the .jcp extension to the file dialog so that the extension wouldn't have to be changed for Jcapper files. I haven't tested the program with jcp files but from some previous posts it appears that it would work.

I am glad that people are still finding the program useful. I was happy to be a part of the project. When I worked on it back then (three years ago?) I had way more time than I do now. Who knows? I might get the bug to code again.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:38 AM   #60
SoCaGambler

Thanks for the quick reply gentlemen. Thanks to you both for all your hard work.
SoCaGambler is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: