Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 4.71 average.
Old 04-04-2010, 10:30 AM   #31
fast4522

For someone new to the game this is very inviting, for someone in business it may be disturbing, but for the game overall its pretty dam good!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Race_001.jpg (19.0 KB, 1002 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #32
Pcon04

printing

Raybo

I just got your spreadsheet to open so it works great that's big for a non techi thanks for the great instructions.
here is my ? I use a laptop and it doesn't show much on the screen.By
the time i scroll I kind of lose a lot..Not complaining!!
Can it print out now? or will it be able to smeday?Do i need to buy a big
monitor.My laptop screen is about 13". Sorry if this is a stupid ? but like I said
I'm a newbie to computers and excel..

Pcon

Last edited by Pcon04; 04-04-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Pcon04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #33
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcon04
Raybo

I just got your spreadsheet to open so it works great that's big for a non techi thanks for the great instructions.
here is my ? I use a laptop and it doesn't show much on the screen.By
the time i scroll I kind of lose a lot..Not complaining!!
Can it print out now? or will it be able to smeday?Do i need to buy a big
monitor.My laptop screen is about 13". Sorry if this is a stupid ? but like I said
I'm a newbie to computers and excel..

Pcon
Pcon,

I have not tried to tackle a printing macro, due to all the problems one would incur in such an endeavor. I'm not very good with VBA (that's Harry's forte), and I'm assuming that VBA would be needed to create code good enough to be usable by all the myriad of printers, monitor sizes, etc..

I tried to scale the Summaries small enough so that the users could print them easily enough. There is a lot of data in the Past Performances and Pace Ratings views which would make things pretty tough on someone trying to print them. I have been able to print them, separately, in landscape mode, but it took awhile to get the print areas set right.

As far as viewing the spreadsheet on a monitor, you could decrease your zoom setting in order to see more columns on your 13" monitor, but then you have the problem of fonts being so small that they are almost unreadable.

I designed AllData on a 22" widescreen and I can see each of the views width-wise at about 90% zoom. I assumed that most users have upgraded to larger widescreen monitors, at least on their desktops.

About all I can suggest is to reduce your zoom, if that doesn't produce something readable, you could always create your own views, leaving out data that you don't need to see.

If you need some help creating smaller views (with less data), let me know what data you need and I'll guide you through getting that data moved to another area of your workbook. Once that is done you should be able to view and print the new view(s) fairly well.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #34
Pcon04

Ray
Thanks for the reply.I'll try what u said and if it's to small.I'll deal with
that later.Maybe a new monitor and hook it up to the laptop.

pcon
Pcon04 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #35
Rwahi1

Raybo

I have one question...If the race is taken off the turf..how would you change
the pace line selection in your program.

Raman
Rwahi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-04-2010, 07:18 PM   #36
Rwahi1

I just figured it out, how to manually change the pace line selection.

Bye the way I was trying yesterday SA card and I don't know what I am doing wrong, there is nothing in the summary section and nothing in the results section. The files seems OK.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:10 AM   #37
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwahi1
I just figured it out, how to manually change the pace line selection.

Bye the way I was trying yesterday SA card and I don't know what I am doing wrong, there is nothing in the summary section and nothing in the results section. The files seems OK.
Have you tried another card? If another card looks good then there's something wrong with that SA data.

Old 04-05-2010, 02:22 AM   #38
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcon04
Ray
Thanks for the reply.I'll try what u said and if it's to small.I'll deal with
that later.Maybe a new monitor and hook it up to the laptop.

pcon
Here's a screenshot of both Summaries in a print preview on 8 1/2x11 paper, in landscape mode.

Just selected the print area in the spreadsheet and went to a print preview to get the screenshot.

Would be slightly more readable on 8 1/2 x 14 paper.

Attached Images
File Type: gif ScreenHunter_01 Apr. 05 01.13.gif (46.2 KB, 947 views)

Old 04-11-2010, 11:45 AM   #39
Rwahi1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Have you tried another card? If another card looks good then there's something wrong with that SA data.
You are right! I tried another card. It worked fine!

Thanks for your help.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #40
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwahi1
You are right! I tried another card. It worked fine!

Thanks for your help.
As I suspected. Glad that's all it was!!

Old 04-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #41
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Pre-2007 AllData NI Beta has been released

The latest version of "AllData NI", for Excel versions prior to Excel 2007, has been released on my site, for beta testing.

Go to the "AllData NI" page, find the "alldatani_pre2007_beta.zip" download, and click it. After downloading, read the instructions, below the download, for using AllData NI. Both the 2007 and pre-2007 versions work the same way, although there are very minor cosmetic differences between the two.

Please let us know of any errors or suggestions you may have, either on the blog on the site, or here, or by email.

Thanks for your participation in the beta testing!!

Kudos to Harry (Hcap here on the PA forum), for his many hours of work in getting rid of data parsers forever Goodbye Infotran !!!!

Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 PM   #42
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Those of you who have TSN files and want to run them through AlldataNI_Pre2007_Beta, you will have to re-download the zip file on my site. I had to modify some formulas in the original "pre2007" beta release so that the Sartin figures are available, without a track variant (track variants were not available in the TSN data files).

The Excel 2007 beta version was corrected for this problem earlier, so, those of you who downloaded that version are good to go for the beta testing.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #43
douglasw32
douglasw32

Ray, Thanks again...
Old 07-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #44
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Conditional Formatting, in Excel

I've uploaded, to my site, a tutorial for utilizing Excel's "Conditional Formatting" feature to "highlight" certain cells which meet specific criteria. This ability helps the user visualize values or conditions that are important to them. In this tutorial I show how to "conditionally format" the top 3 ranking horses in the "Fractionals", in the "Pace Ratings" view of the spreadsheet. So, after applying the formatting, the top 3 ranked values for "FR1", "FR2", and "FR3" (feet per second velocities) will be highlighted by bolding the font and adding shading colors to those cells. If you've seen AllData PPs, you'll have noticed this highlighting for other cell ranges.

It's not hard to do and after doing it a couple of times you'll become quite proficient in it's use.

So, go to my site, click the "Modifying AllData PPs" tab, scroll down to the section titled "Adding Conditional Formatting to AllData", follow the instructions for downloading the ".zip" file, and opening the tutorial.

Hope you "get it" easily, it's really a "neat" feature in Excel.

Have fun experimenting!!

Last edited by raybo; 07-10-2010 at 03:53 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:14 AM   #45
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I know you guys are as excited as I am about AllData's future database/filtering capability. Harry, has been working hard on it and the time is drawing near for it's beta release. Personally, I can't wait, I think it will take AllData NI, which I believe is already a good product, to the next level, enabling the user to ask questions of the program and analyze the results of their efforts.

So, have a little more patience, that day is approaching.

BTW, I've added some screenshots on my site with descriptions, for those who haven't downloaded AllData yet, but, want to see what it looks like. The "AllData Screenshots" page, on the site, isn't complete yet but, what I have so far is viewable and I'm working on the rest of it.

Give it a look!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: