Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #7846
boxcar

If Pain Were Good, Then Why is it Eradicated in the Eternal Kingdom?

Light has told us that "pain is good". Of course, he never tells us just exactly what kind of pain is good -- but in his his world, there are different kinds of pain, evidently, and only some it is good. Supposedly, pain drives people to seek God according to Light, which is actually contrary to what scripture teaches, as I proved by quoting a couple of passages out of Revelation.

I want to briefly share a real life story about a woman I know (I'll call her Mary) because of the extreme pain she's been in for most of her life and her extreme view of people.

Mary suffers from fibromyalgia. Many of you know this can cause severe physical pain. She also suffers from mental/emotional pain due primarily to the terrible relationships she has with her four siblings and her two sons. In fact, just last week, she voluntarily committed herself to a county mental health clinic for a few days for evaluation because she wanted to commit suicide. This poor woman is not in a good place at all.

I met Mary for the first time a few years ago when out on an evangelization tour of her neighborhood. I have shared the gospel with her, but to no avail at this point in time. I went to see her the other day to offer her a potential natural remedy that might help relieve her physical pain, since I have to think the medical establishment doctors she sees on a regular basis would be clueless to such pain remedies. Anyhow...since I hadn't seen her for awhile, we had a long chat (with her doing the bulk of the talking). I could tell she wanted to unload, so I lent her my sympathetic ear.

I saw of few of her pets (cats and dogs), whom she loves dearly, parade in out and out of her patio . She told me that she loves them so much that she would lay down her life for any of them! And then she also quickly added that she wouldn't give people the right time of day. She was thoroughly disgusted with people -- the human race -- mankind. No doubt, she's been disappointed, hurt, maligned and slandered by many, especially her own family.

So, this woman sees the evil in people. She clearly sees their faults, their shortcomings, their foibles, their sins, their brokenness...but not her own. And this is typical of sinners. They can "clearly" see the sins of others but are blind to their own -- a very common spiritual syndrome. (A close, second, kissing-cousin to this syndrome can be found when adamant deniers of hell nonetheless are quick to condemn other people to hell-fire. The deniers are always too good for hell, even if it does exist.

So...the moral to this story is that unless God supernaturally opens this woman's eyes to see her own wretched, sinful condition -- until she is confronted by her own brokenness, she will never accept the good news of God's salvific remedy for her and the rest of mankind. She must see herself as she sees her fellow man. If she doesn't, she will be forever lost.

Mary's condition breaks my heart. I have actually wept over her. My heart breaks for her because she is suffering so much in this life that I beg my Lord to not allow her to suffer in the next. Hopefully, the Lord will still use me (and my wife) in Mary's life because she told my yesterday that she wants to see more of us. I take this as a positive sign, given her attitude toward people in general.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:41 PM   #7847
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Light has told us that "pain is good". Of course, he never tells us just exactly what kind of pain is good -- but in his his world, there are different kinds of pain, evidently, and only some it is good. Supposedly, pain drives people to seek God according to Light, which is actually contrary to what scripture teaches, as I proved by quoting a couple of passages out of Revelation.

I want to briefly share a real life story about a woman I know (I'll call her Mary) because of the extreme pain she's been in for most of her life and her extreme view of people.

Mary suffers from fibromyalgia. Many of you know this can cause severe physical pain. She also suffers from mental/emotional pain due primarily to the terrible relationships she has with her four siblings and her two sons. In fact, just last week, she voluntarily committed herself to a county mental health clinic for a few days for evaluation because she wanted to commit suicide. This poor woman is not in a good place at all.

I met Mary for the first time a few years ago when out on an evangelization tour of her neighborhood. I have shared the gospel with her, but to no avail at this point in time. I went to see her the other day to offer her a potential natural remedy that might help relieve her physical pain, since I have to think the medical establishment doctors she sees on a regular basis would be clueless to such pain remedies. Anyhow...since I hadn't seen her for awhile, we had a long chat (with her doing the bulk of the talking). I could tell she wanted to unload, so I lent her my sympathetic ear.

I saw of few of her pets (cats and dogs), whom she loves dearly, parade in out and out of her patio . She told me that she loves them so much that she would lay down her life for any of them! And then she also quickly added that she wouldn't give people the right time of day. She was thoroughly disgusted with people -- the human race -- mankind. No doubt, she's been disappointed, hurt, maligned and slandered by many, especially her own family.

So, this woman sees the evil in people. She clearly sees their faults, their shortcomings, their foibles, their sins, their brokenness...but not her own. And this is typical of sinners. They can "clearly" see the sins of others but are blind to their own -- a very common spiritual syndrome. (A close, second, kissing-cousin to this syndrome can be found when adamant deniers of hell nonetheless are quick to condemn other people to hell-fire. The deniers are always too good for hell, even if it does exist.

So...the moral to this story is that unless God supernaturally opens this woman's eyes to see her own wretched, sinful condition -- until she is confronted by her own brokenness, she will never accept the good news of God's salvific remedy for her and the rest of mankind. She must see herself as she sees her fellow man. If she doesn't, she will be forever lost.

Mary's condition breaks my heart. I have actually wept over her. My heart breaks for her because she is suffering so much in this life that I beg my Lord to not allow her to suffer in the next. Hopefully, the Lord will still use me (and my wife) in Mary's life because she told my yesterday that she wants to see more of us. I take this as a positive sign, given her attitude toward people in general.
And here is where religion establishes its stronghold in the heart and mind of the believer. You are begging your Lord to comfort this woman in the afterlife, and this is a commendable thing to do...but you'll never know if your prayers are really doing any good...or if they are even being heard by anybody up (or down) there. You "believe" that you are doing good...but you could just as easily be wasting your time...regardless of how noble your intentions may be.

In religion, the "believer" has faith that things will work out in the end...and the religions prosper because there are no returning dissatisfied customers when the eventual "end" isn't as it's advertised to be.

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-18-2021 at 07:42 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #7848
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
And here is where religion establishes its stronghold in the heart and mind of the believer. You are begging your Lord to comfort this woman in the afterlife, and this is a commendable thing to do...but you'll never know if your prayers are really doing any good...or if they are even being heard by anybody up (or down) there. You "believe" that you are doing good...but you could just as easily be wasting your time...regardless of how noble your intentions may be.

In religion, the "believer" has faith that things will work out in the end...and the religions prosper because there are no returning dissatisfied customers when the eventual "end" isn't as it's advertised to be.
Actually, I'm praying to God to save her in this life -- that his gospel would go forth clearly from my mouth, through her mind to her heart, and that she would make a heartfelt profession of faith. I'm praying for this woman's eternal salvation.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:45 PM   #7849
boxcar

Is Christianity a religion or a relationship?

Thask, I would encourage you to read the article in the link very carefully and slowly; for it tells you all the ways biblical Christianity differs from all other religions. Overall, it's a very good article, save for one point with which I strongly disagree. The one particular sentence reads:

When we join His family through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus, the Holy Spirit comes to live inside our hearts (1 Corinthians 6:19; Luke 11:13; 2 Corinthians 1:21–22).

The above sentence implies that once a person has chosen to believe the Gospel and become a child of God, THEN afterwards the Holy Spirit takes up permanent residence in that person's body. But this implication contradicts scripture. See Jn 1:10-13; 3:1-15; 11:26, etc. Logically and biblically, spiritual life (the new birth) must precede faith, for the spiritually dead have no spiritual ability to believe and repent anymore than the physically dead have the ability to sit up in their caskets and walk out of a funeral home.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christi...ationship.html
Old 06-19-2021, 03:48 PM   #7850
thaskalos

Quote:
Is Christianity a religion or a relationship?

Thask, I would encourage you to read the article in the link very carefully and slowly; for it tells you all the ways biblical Christianity differs from all other religions. Overall, it's a very good article, save for one point with which I strongly disagree. The one particular sentence reads:

When we join His family through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus, the Holy Spirit comes to live inside our hearts (1 Corinthians 6:19; Luke 11:13; 2 Corinthians 1:21–22).

The above sentence implies that once a person has chosen to believe the Gospel and become a child of God, THEN afterwards the Holy Spirit takes up permanent residence in that person's body. But this implication contradicts scripture. See Jn 1:10-13; 3:1-15; 11:26, etc. Logically and biblically, spiritual life (the new birth) must precede faith, for the spiritually dead have no spiritual ability to believe and repent anymore than the physically dead have the ability to sit up in their caskets and walk out of a funeral home.

https://www.gotquestions.org/Christi...ationship.html
I grew up in the most Christian country in the world...a country where all the little school-children would gather on school grounds on Sunday so they could be taken to the town's church as a group by one of the teachers. The vast majority of the people that I associate with even today are "Christians"...and they tell me pretty much the same things that you say here whenever religion becomes the topic of conversation. All of them seem like decent people...and they try to be a good influence upon the world...just as you are. But they fixate on a religious dogma that I find totally unacceptable...and that creates a chasm between us that neither I nor they seem able to overcome.

Christianity teaches that man can do nothing of a spiritual nature through his own effort...and that any spiritual advancement at all must be an act of the "Grace of God". And yet...this same God has equipped us with a brain the depth and complexity of which science in still in awe of...and which science is only NOW beginning to understand. If man can't use this brain to solve his vital spiritual problems...what sort of "problem" is this super-complicated brain supposed to solve? Do we need all this "brain-power" just to earn a living during this short lifespan that we have been granted upon this earth?

God has graced us with an ultra-powerful and ultra-complicated mega-computer for a brain...and at the same time he has supposedly handed us an ancient manuscript composed by some ancient Israeli nomads...which we are supposed to accept as the "Word of God", simply as an act of "Faith". And any scepticism on our part in regards to this is supposedly the "biggest insult to the Divine". To me...this is like someone giving us a brand new Lamborgini...and telling us that we can never drive it faster than 20 miles an hour. It would make no sense at all...regardless of who supposedly approves of such an act.

Boxcar...you are a horseplayer, you like cats...and you try to do good in the world. If religion were not a topic of conversation...then you and I might never disagree on anything. But whenever religion enters the picture...then you and I become worlds apart...and there in no commonality at all that can ever be found between us. It is what it is...and we must both accept this as a fact.

Last edited by thaskalos; 06-19-2021 at 03:53 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-19-2021, 06:05 PM   #7851
boxcar

Quote:
I grew up in the most Christian country in the world...a country where all the little school-children would gather on school grounds on Sunday so they could be taken to the town's church as a group by one of the teachers. The vast majority of the people that I associate with even today are "Christians"...and they tell me pretty much the same things that you say here whenever religion becomes the topic of conversation. All of them seem like decent people...and they try to be a good influence upon the world...just as you are. But they fixate on a religious dogma that I find totally unacceptable...and that creates a chasm between us that neither I nor they seem able to overcome.

Christianity teaches that man can do nothing of a spiritual nature through his own effort...and that any spiritual advancement at all must be an act of the "Grace of God". And yet...this same God has equipped us with a brain the depth and complexity of which science in still in awe of...and which science is only NOW beginning to understand. If man can't use this brain to solve his vital spiritual problems...what sort of "problem" is this super-complicated brain supposed to solve? Do we need all this "brain-power" just to earn a living during this short lifespan that we have been granted upon this earth?

God has graced us with an ultra-powerful and ultra-complicated mega-computer for a brain...and at the same time he has supposedly handed us an ancient manuscript composed by some ancient Israeli nomads...which we are supposed to accept as the "Word of God", simply as an act of "Faith". And any scepticism on our part in regards to this is supposedly the "biggest insult to the Divine". To me...this is like someone giving us a brand new Lamborgini...and telling us that we can never drive it faster than 20 miles an hour. It would make no sense at all...regardless of who supposedly approves of such an act.

Boxcar...you are a horseplayer, you like cats...and you try to do good in the world. If religion were not a topic of conversation...then you and I might never disagree on anything. But whenever religion enters the picture...then you and I become worlds apart...and there in no commonality at all that can ever be found between us. It is what it is...and we must both accept this as a fact.
Do you know that God, too, marvels at mankind -- the crown jewel of his creation? It's true. See Gen 11:6. But as amazing as man's mind is the gulf between our mind and God's is infinite! In fact, man isn't even the second in line after God. The angels are! Angels are smarter and more powerful than we are (Heb 2:7,9). So...while God "graced us with an ultra-powerful and -ultra-complicated computer for a brain", that doesn't change our created status. God is the Potter and we will always be the pots HE created. Why do you think God said what he did in Isa 55:8-9? His thoughts and his ways are infinitely higher than ours! It's not even close!

Secondly, there are numerous things beyond man's understanding and beyond our control. One of the biggies happens to be the nature of things this world, generally, or more specifically our own nature. Man will never be able to change his essence! Never. Even God Almighty cannot change his essence! If he can't, what makes you think we ever will!? This is precisely why God must personally and sovereignly intervene in a person's life to fundamentally transform him. This work is beyond any man's pay grade...or brain power.

You have a great deal of pride in the human race. Pride that is unwarranted. Man doesn't need more pride to distance himself even further from God; man needs humility, as Light recently pointed out. The humility of someone who is naturally dependent upon a greater authority and that authority's wisdom, knowledge and strength. This is why Jesus held up a small child as a poster child of humility.
Old 06-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #7852
thaskalos

Quote:
You have a great deal of pride in the human race. Pride that is unwarranted. Man doesn't need more pride to distance himself even further from God; man needs humility, as Light recently pointed out. The humility of someone who is naturally dependent upon a greater authority and that authority's wisdom, knowledge and strength. This is why Jesus held up a small child as a poster child of humility.
I doubt that Jesus held up the small child as a "poster child of humility". The children aren't humble...they think that they can do ANYTHING! As children...our life expectations know no bounds. It's only when we grow older that we become aware of our "limitations".
Old 06-19-2021, 06:34 PM   #7853
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
It's only when we grow older that we become aware of our "limitations".
That can come rather soon. Like the day the school bully decides to make you one of his targets.
Old 06-19-2021, 07:21 PM   #7854
boxcar

Quote:
I doubt that Jesus held up the small child as a "poster child of humility". The children aren't humble...they think that they can do ANYTHING! As children...our life expectations know no bounds. It's only when we grow older that we become aware of our "limitations".
Well...he did. And it was probably a very small child. The younger the child, the greater would be his sense of dependency. Do you forget how often you ran to your mom and dad for one thing or another? Or how often your own children ran to you for help, protection, whatever?

But I do agree with you that children are not inherently humble. The sense of dependency they have soon wears off.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:25 AM   #7855
boxcar

Giant Skulls Discovered: They Refuse to Believe the Truth Even When It Is Right in Front of Their Eyes

Truth is often stranger than fiction, and some people will never accept the truth no matter how much evidence you show them. In this article, I am going to discuss two brand new discoveries that are radically shaking up how scientists view human history. Many of the experts are having a really tough time explaining these new discoveries, because they seem to directly contradict long established narratives that have been taught as “truth” to young students for decades. Unfortunately, we live at a time when narratives have become more important than facts, and scientific authorities have shown that they will go to great lengths to ensure that their most important narratives are carefully preserved.

Last week, news that a “new species of ancient human” had been identified in China made headlines all over the globe. According to CBS News, the fossilized skull that has created such a fuss is “gigantic”…

A gigantic fossilized skull that was hidden in a well in China for 90 years has just been discovered by scientists — and it’s making them rethink human evolution.

https://basedunderground.com/2021/06...of-their-eyes/

As Solomon once said, "There's nothing new under the sun." The bible revealed this truth a long time ago.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:53 PM   #7856
thaskalos

Quote:
Giant Skulls Discovered: They Refuse to Believe the Truth Even When It Is Right in Front of Their Eyes

Truth is often stranger than fiction, and some people will never accept the truth no matter how much evidence you show them. In this article, I am going to discuss two brand new discoveries that are radically shaking up how scientists view human history. Many of the experts are having a really tough time explaining these new discoveries, because they seem to directly contradict long established narratives that have been taught as “truth” to young students for decades. Unfortunately, we live at a time when narratives have become more important than facts, and scientific authorities have shown that they will go to great lengths to ensure that their most important narratives are carefully preserved.

Last week, news that a “new species of ancient human” had been identified in China made headlines all over the globe. According to CBS News, the fossilized skull that has created such a fuss is “gigantic”…

A gigantic fossilized skull that was hidden in a well in China for 90 years has just been discovered by scientists — and it’s making them rethink human evolution.

https://basedunderground.com/2021/06...of-their-eyes/

As Solomon once said, "There's nothing new under the sun." The bible revealed this truth a long time ago.
I especially like the picture at the top of the article...where the guy has positioned the "gigantic" skull between two other skulls with no jaw bones...so the "gigantic" skull can look even larger.

Could the "gigantic" skull be Andre the Giant's?
Old 06-29-2021, 03:23 PM   #7857
boxcar

Quote:
I especially like the picture at the top of the article...where the guy has positioned the "gigantic" skull between two other skulls with no jaw bones...so the "gigantic" skull can look even larger.

Wow! Hadn't thought of that. It could be poor ol' Andre. I certainly remember when he looked better.
Old 07-01-2021, 12:36 PM   #7858
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Probably not. Andre was cremated and his ashes scattered.

Wait a minute. This skull was discovered in 1933. Andre was born in 1946.

Last edited by Actor; 07-01-2021 at 12:45 PM.
Actor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-01-2021, 12:50 PM   #7859
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Probably not. Andre was cremated and his ashes scattered.

Wait a minute. This skull was discovered in 1933. Andre was born in 1946.
Update to the story: Anonymous sources have revealed that the giant skull was made out of plastic.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:06 PM   #7860
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Update to the story: Anonymous sources have revealed that the giant skull was made out of plastic.
Bone and plastic have quite a few common attributes.