Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 01-16-2010, 01:35 PM   #406
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I would love to see you put up 500 picks...I'll be HAPPY to track it here publicly against TLG just like I tried to do with Cmoore...

Whenever you're ready Light, the offer always stands. Plenty of inner-track meeting to go...might even be 500 races left...

I'm a little preoccupied these days getting ready to compete in the DRF NHC contest in Vegas at the end of this month. It pays alot better than a contest with a proven loser.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #407
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by turfnsport
I would like to challenge Pace to a handicapping contest.

If I win, he has to take CMoore back.
Now THAT was funny!

And for the record, cmoore can come back anytime he likes...he was never banned...(well, he tried to ban himself, but I fixed that... )
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 05:51 PM   #408
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I'm a little preoccupied these days getting ready to compete in the DRF NHC contest in Vegas at the end of this month. It pays alot better than a contest with a proven loser.
More baloney from the baloney king.

A few months ago you made it a point to let us all know that AQU INNER TRACK was when you would have the time to show us all how much better you are than TLG...shall I dig up the posts?

Speaking of proven, you continue to prove absolutely nothing. No surprise there.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:40 PM   #409
Backstretch Pirate
Veteran

I know that it is an unpopular view, but all Light did was point out the truth about TLG's win percentage and roi.
What's the big deal?
Backstretch Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 06:47 PM   #410
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstretch Pirate
I know that it is an unpopular view, but all Light did was point out the truth about TLG's win percentage and roi.
What's the big deal?
This version of events as succinctly written by Backstretch Pirate might qualify as a fairy tale. Or flame bait...I'll go with the latter.

I must reiterate though that I very much enjoy these kinds of threads, as they invariably aid me greatly in my job as admin.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 01-16-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #411
Backstretch Pirate
Veteran

All I did was ask a question. I've read the thread, and I don't see why people are coming down hard on Light.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #412
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
All I did was ask a question. I've read the thread, and I don't see why people are coming down hard on Light.
Do you believe a public handicapper who winds up with a -7% ROI (and mind you, this figure was never corroborated by ANYONE...it was basically taken at face value, with no transparency given as to the tracking process) at the end of the Saratoga meeting picking every single race SUCKS?

If you answer NO, a -7% performance picking every single race DOES NOT SUCK, then you now understand what the big deal was.

Frankly, I tire of discussing this matter.

Bottom line:

If Light is making up yet another excuse to avoid my little challenge, despite him saying a little while ago that after the AQU inner track opened, he'd be ready for business for me, then that's fine. He's chicken.

I understand completely after what happened to the guy he said was one of the best around (Cmoore).
Old 01-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #413
Backstretch Pirate
Veteran

Quite obviously Cmoore is not a competent handicapper.
I followed his picks and they were terrible.

I do think TLG knows his stuff, but he struggled early on in the contest, and I think Light is probably right about his overall win percentage. I just don't see why everyone is up in arms about this.

Last edited by Backstretch Pirate; 01-16-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:11 PM   #414
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Quite obviously Cmoore is not a competent handicapper.
I followed his picks and they were terrible.

I do think TLG know his stuff, but he struggled early on in the contest, and I think Light is probably right about his overall win percentage. I just don't see why everyone is up in arms about this.
You didn't answer my question. When you do, you'll understand. What you are talking about happened BEFORE this thread ever existed.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #415
Backstretch Pirate
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
It feels like CMoore ended with $724.90 or a loss of just over 27.5% while picking 85 winners for a flat 17% win rate.

I had $846.4 for a loss of 15.4% with 119 winners or 23.8%.
By TLG's own words he did not show a -7% return he showed a -15.4% return, so I think Light is being generous. As I stated earlier he is probably right about the -7% because TLG did struggle inordinately in the early going of this mock contest.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #416
the little guy

My Saratoga ROI was under -4%. Light conveniently didn't look at off-the-turf picks.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 07:38 PM   #417
Backstretch Pirate
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy
My Saratoga ROI was under -4%. Light conveniently didn't look at off-the-turf picks.

Fair enough.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:04 PM   #418
toetoe
Veteran

Quote:
TLG did struggle inordinately

Let's see whether my extraneous thoughts are allowed. .

In TLG's defense, I must say I find him to be the most ordinate struggler around.

Light,

That bit about the N.H.C. was very intriguing, making this site ooze with ah's. Explain, please.
toetoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 08:06 PM   #419
Light
Veteran

Quote:

A few months ago you made it a point to let us all know that AQU INNER TRACK was when you would have the time to show us all how much better you are than TLG...shall I dig up the posts?
When I told you I would play an Aqu inner contest v.TLG it was September. My inclusion into the DRF NHC came in early December. I'm sorry,but I'm not going to direct my energy away from the chance of earning a half a mil for TLG or your egotistical gratification.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #420
the little guy

Quote:

You have it all wrong.....Light qualified the night we were busy with the six supermodels. That's why we missed it.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: