Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 12-05-2009, 02:53 PM   #301
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
Maybe you've been too close to this contest PA, but I've followed this from the beginning, and at times it has been a gang up on Moore as previously stated.
He got what he gave to TLG through his postings here and elsewhere on PaceAdvantage. I always try to even the playing field...one of the reasons I started this thread in the first place.

cmoore is no angel, nor has he been defenseless, as some seem to imply.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #302
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
He got what he gave to TLG through his postings here and elsewhere on PaceAdvantage. I always try to even the playing field...one of the reasons I started this thread in the first place.

cmoore is no angel, nor has he been defenseless, as some seem to imply.
No doubt he has, and I'm not defending him. I was merely stating what a casual observer may be seeing. Even if each side got and gave equally, it still comes across as three against one. Please don't take it as a criticism. It was simply an observation.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #303
ezrabrooks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Seriously? Is TLG supposed to not take days off from his job to participate in a contest with which he had nothing to do with entering?
Huh? What does that have to do with cmoore taking a day off? Man, TLG must have pictures.
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #304
formula_2002
what an easy game.

Quote:
TLG's picks have been recorded by myself...I'm not going to post them here because I wouldn't want to take away hits from Andy's picks page....

They are posted here:

http://www.nyra.com/belmont/stories/TalkingHorses.shtml

May the best man win...and remember, this contest will go 500 races, or until somebody cries UNCLE....

Top pick tracked to win....win% and ROI tracked...if top pick scratches, we move to your second pick...if top two picks scratch, we use your third...if all three scratch on either picker's card, we scrap that race altogether....
that seemed clear. If you deleted all the post other than cmoores picks and PA recap as stated above all should be well..

" I pass with relief from the tossing sea of cause and theory to the firm ground of result and fact"
Winston Churchill
formula_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2009, 02:13 AM   #305
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

When Light/cmoore were sucker punching TLG in earlier threads, I didn't see anyone crying about "tag teams" or "ganging up."

But God-forbid I actually score Friday EXACTLY THE WAY cmoore COMMANDED me to do in reply #258 of this very thread, and all of a sudden, I'm the asshole.

Why am I not surprised cmoore took my little joke post as an opporunity to turn tail and run away?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:30 AM   #306
HUSKER55

Andy told everyone on Talking Horses that the wrong picks had been posted due to a staff error and that the board would change. TLG is not responsible for staff errors, IMO. Cmoore can edit his choices if he makes a typo, prior to the start of the card.

The rules seem pretty clear to me for a fun contest. (no money involved for prizes)

Since each party post their own picks I don't see how anybody is ganging up on anyone.

As long as the first rules are carried out, I agree, all should be well.

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2009, 02:27 PM   #307
Light
Veteran

Quote:
When Light/cmoore were sucker punching TLG in earlier threads, I didn't see anyone crying about "tag teams" or "ganging up."
I never "sucker punched" TLG and cmoore did not "gang up" with me. He simply agreed with me in public. Several agreed with me privately as cmoore initially did as well. BTW,I dont see cmoore listed as a member anymore. Why is that?

Your little experment has proven my point. It doesn't really matter how good or bad cmoore did. He is not a public handicapper nor a NYRA employee. The point you proved is TLG's ROI is negative which is what I was saying and you,TLG and others were disagreeing with that point.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2009, 03:33 PM   #308
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
I never "sucker punched" TLG and cmoore did not "gang up" with me. He simply agreed with me in public. Several agreed with me privately as cmoore initially did as well. BTW,I dont see cmoore listed as a member anymore. Why is that?

Your little experment has proven my point. It doesn't really matter how good or bad cmoore did. He is not a public handicapper nor a NYRA employee. The point you proved is TLG's ROI is negative which is what I was saying and you,TLG and others were disagreeing with that point.
Bullshit...nobody here disagreed that TLG's overall ROI was negative betting every single race at Saratoga...what we disagreed with was your characterization of that -7% ROI (with picks that are submitted before scratches and changes are known). You used almost every negative word you could think of to describe Andy's performance at Saratoga. Most handicappers would recognize a -7% ROI for a public handicapper over the course of the Saratoga meeting, picking every race, to be much better than average.

as for cmoore, it seems he has quit the board...didn't you read the private message he sent me that I posted here?

I get the feeling some of you don't read these threads very well...maybe that's why you accuse me and others of "ganging up" when nothing of the sort took place.

And you most certainly did sucker punch TLG, as you are doing right now. You're saying my little experiment has proven your point, when in fact my little experiment was FAR FROM OVER at the time cmoore turned tail and ran from his own "comedy of rules" fiasco.

cmoore has moved back to his old stomping grounds and is now looking to continue the contest over there UNDER HIS NEW RULES...the very same NEW rules HE DEMANDED be enacted in reply #258...yes, the same rules that would have given Andy a $42 winner and a $9 winner...and yes, the very same rules that made him QUIT HERE after I did nothing but ENACT his rules and update Andy's score accordingly (as a joke at first, not thinking for a moment that cmoore would get that upset over the fact that I was actually changing the rules AS HE DEMANDED I DO in reply #258).

Of course I see that cmoore is now conveniently neglecting to add the $42 winner and $9 winner into his scoreboard for Andy. Seems he only wanted his new rules enacted if that meant Andy would NOT benefit...when Andy did benefit in an amazing turn of irony less than 24 hours later, that's when cmoore flipped his lid and quit the contest.

Sorry for the long recap, but like I said, it seems by some of the replies here that some of you may have failed to comprehend what exactly happened here.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-06-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #309
Light
Veteran

Quote:

And you most certainly did sucker punch TLG, as you are doing right now.
The last count you have for TLG is -18% ROI after 348 races.You interpret unfavorable reviews of TLG's performances as "sucker punches". I am only stating facts. Facts you have so far confirmed.

Quote:
You're saying my little experiment has proven your point, when in fact my little experiment was FAR FROM OVER at the time cmoore turned tail and ran from his own "comedy of rules" fiasco.
Go ahead and continue counting TLG's score. You really dont need cmoore for that. You will find what I found. His handicapping sucks and will leave you in the hole despite what some consider his "knowledgable insights".Knowlegeable insights do not guarantee a profit. That's my opinion based on my facts and yours, not a sucker punch.

Just to be clear. I have nothing against him personally since I obviously don't know him on that level. But I do know him on the handicapping level.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #310
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The goal of this thread was for some of the critics to prove they could do better. As far as I'm concerned, the critics have failed.

The goal wasn't to prove that Andy could turn a profit over 500 races. The goal was to show everyone just how impossible a task it is to show a profit over 500 races betting every single race before scratches and changes are known.

Apparently, it is such a difficult task that some can't even make it to the finish line.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-06-2009 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:24 PM   #311
newtothegame

Not that my opinion counts for anything...but I have followed this thread from the beginning daily. Checking to see how Cmoore was doing versus tlg in the rules which you had set forth.

I think the problem with this kind of contest is that somehow it became mano e mano. Just my opinion but somehow cmoore saw it AS him versus TLG. If I understood it correctly, it was never about cmoore versus TLG...it was about ANY handicapper doing the JOB that TLG provides on the NYRA. It just so happens that Cmoore took that challenge. I think seeing how difficult it is may have raised a few hairs on the back of cmoores neck. Its kind of hard watching your own picks perform at a -20% roi over a long haul.
But, the opposite of that should have been,to applaud public handicappers as they truly do have a tough job. One I dont envy. Hell, lets be honest here...I would think its hard for alot to show positive numbers with SPOT plays much less every race on the card.
I applaud cmoore and his efforts. I just wish he hadnt "lost" it there towards the end. I have watched his efforts in the other "pick" threads and although I havent counted every pick and every selection he made, its obvious he does have some really nice winners. I enjoyed watching him and pete daily and the effort they both put in. As for TLG, i guess all that can be said is bravo....your work does not go un-noticed even if some dont agree.
Paul

Last edited by newtothegame; 12-06-2009 at 09:27 PM.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #312
whobet
TheComputerGuy Retired

I have watched this thread,

who the HELL is TLG,

SERLING

DONOVAN

BLEWIT

Maybe I missing something
whobet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #313
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by whobet
I have watched this thread,

who the HELL is TLG,

SERLING

DONOVAN

BLEWIT

This seems like the perfect post to lock the thread on.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-07-2009, 08:06 PM   #314
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by whobet
No doubt.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 PM   #315
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01
This seems like the perfect post to lock the thread on.
I'm leaving the light on just in case...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: