Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2017, 06:07 PM   #1
Thebart

Trump: Six Months Of Broken Promises

From RobertReich.com

So after six months, has President Trump delivered what he promised you?
1. He told you he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “beautiful.” You bought it. But he didn’t repeal and he didn’t replace. (Just as well: His plan would have knocked at least 22 million off health insurance, including many of you.)

2. He told you he’d cut your taxes. You bought it. But tax “reform” is stalled. And if it ever moves, the only ones whose taxes will be cut are the wealthy.

3. He told you he’d invest $1 billion in our nation’s crumbling infrastructure. You bought it. But his infrastructure plan, which was really a giveaway to rich investors, is also stalled.

4. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. But he’s brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses, along with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who are crafting new policies for the same industries they recently worked for.

5. He said he’d use his business experience to whip the White House into shape. You bought it. But he created the most chaotic, dysfunctional, back-stabbing White House in modern history, in which no one is in charge.

6. He said he’d close “special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors but unfair to American workers.“ You bought it. But he picked a Wall Street financier, Stephen Schwarzman, to run his strategic and policy forum, who compares closing those loopholes to Hitler’s invasion of Poland.

7. He told you he’d “bring down drug prices” by making deals with drug companies. You bought it. But now the White House says that promise is “inoperative.”

8. He said that on Day One he’d label China a “currency manipulator.” You bought it. But then he met with China’s president and declared “China is not a currency manipulator.”

9. He said he wouldn’t bomb Syria. You bought it. But then he bombed Syria.

10. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done. You bought it. But in his first 6 months he has spent more taxpayer money on vacations than Obama did in the first 3 years of his presidency. Not to mention all the money taxpayers are spending protecting his family, including his two sons who travel all over the world on Trump business.

11. He said he’d force companies to keep jobs in America. You believed him. But despite their promises, Carrier, Ford, GM, and the rest are shipping jobs to Mexico and China.

12. He said he’d create coal jobs. You believe him. He hasn’t. But here’s what he has done: Since 1965 a federal program called the Appalachian Regional Commission has spent $23 billion helping communities in coal states fund job retraining, reclaim land, and provide desperately needed social services. A.R.C. helped cut poverty rates almost in half, double the percentage of high-school graduates, and reduce infant mortality by two-thirds. Trump’s first proposed budget eliminates A.R.C.

-
Thebart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Oh snap.

Didn't change my mind at all...oh well...

That's because this is my 9th President that I've lived through (that I was consciously aware of) and things like this are par for the course. Why should I start gnashing my teeth and wringing my hands over broken promises (especially ones that are "fact checked" only 6 months into his term).

Good question, right bart?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-20-2017 at 06:21 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 06:39 PM   #3
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebart View Post
From RobertReich.com

So after six months, has President Trump delivered what he promised you?
1. He told you he’d repeal Obamacare and replace it with something “beautiful.” You bought it. But he didn’t repeal and he didn’t replace. (Just as well: His plan would have knocked at least 22 million off health insurance, including many of you.)

2. He told you he’d cut your taxes. You bought it. But tax “reform” is stalled. And if it ever moves, the only ones whose taxes will be cut are the wealthy.

3. He told you he’d invest $1 billion in our nation’s crumbling infrastructure. You bought it. But his infrastructure plan, which was really a giveaway to rich investors, is also stalled.

4. He said he’d clean the Washington swamp. You bought it. But he’s brought into his administration more billionaires, CEOs, and Wall Street moguls than in any administration in history, to make laws that will enrich their businesses, along with former lobbyists, lawyers and consultants who are crafting new policies for the same industries they recently worked for.

5. He said he’d use his business experience to whip the White House into shape. You bought it. But he created the most chaotic, dysfunctional, back-stabbing White House in modern history, in which no one is in charge.

6. He said he’d close “special interest loopholes that have been so good for Wall Street investors but unfair to American workers.“ You bought it. But he picked a Wall Street financier, Stephen Schwarzman, to run his strategic and policy forum, who compares closing those loopholes to Hitler’s invasion of Poland.

7. He told you he’d “bring down drug prices” by making deals with drug companies. You bought it. But now the White House says that promise is “inoperative.”

8. He said that on Day One he’d label China a “currency manipulator.” You bought it. But then he met with China’s president and declared “China is not a currency manipulator.”

9. He said he wouldn’t bomb Syria. You bought it. But then he bombed Syria.

10. He called Barack Obama “the vacationer-in-Chief” and accused him of playing more rounds of golf than Tiger Woods. He promised to never be the kind of president who took cushy vacations on the taxpayer’s dime, not when there was so much important work to be done. You bought it. But in his first 6 months he has spent more taxpayer money on vacations than Obama did in the first 3 years of his presidency. Not to mention all the money taxpayers are spending protecting his family, including his two sons who travel all over the world on Trump business.

11. He said he’d force companies to keep jobs in America. You believed him. But despite their promises, Carrier, Ford, GM, and the rest are shipping jobs to Mexico and China.

12. He said he’d create coal jobs. You believe him. He hasn’t. But here’s what he has done: Since 1965 a federal program called the Appalachian Regional Commission has spent $23 billion helping communities in coal states fund job retraining, reclaim land, and provide desperately needed social services. A.R.C. helped cut poverty rates almost in half, double the percentage of high-school graduates, and reduce infant mortality by two-thirds. Trump’s first proposed budget eliminates A.R.C.

-

Notwithstanding Obama's efforts, to the contrary, you do understand our governmental structure is not a monarchy or a dictatorship?

Let me help you Congress passes the laws, funding, taxes and ratifies treaties, while the executive office, the President, is responsible for enforcing and administering the laws.

Congress is not governing as they promised. Congress is the problem, along with the hold-over Obama administration bureaucrats.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 06:47 PM   #4
wisconsin

Sooooo, you are upset because he has not done the things he promised? You know, the things the left does not want him to do anyway?

Why, then, is everyone so up in arms over what he has not done?
Old 07-20-2017, 07:32 PM   #5
lamboguy

Trump is a very tough guy to figure. i don't think anyone knows his inner most views on anything. i don't think anyone knows if he is a liberal or a conservative.

what i do know is that Trump is a very careful thinker and a good planner. he figured out how to win his election with 3 million fewer votes that the other side.

therefore i have to trust his judgement and see how things work out. before he took over i thought this country was in a compete mess and would have a tough time getting out of the quicksand that its in. from where i am sitting i have nothing to lose with Trump on top and can only hope he has good judgement whatever his intentions are for all his constituents.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 08:10 PM   #6
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Try

"Congress, Mitch and Paul, six months of broken promises"

Robert Reich is a douche who has tried to be relevant ever since he worked for Clinton. Who cares what he thinks.

Trump has tried and his own party is stalling him. Especially the Rino's as usual.

Btw, Reich is the only politico type that could weigh in and ride at Del Mar tomorrow. I think he has a syndrome......named after A Frenchy
Old 07-20-2017, 08:18 PM   #7
chadk66

nobody that voted for Trump cares about this. not yet anyway. they all know congress is the real road block and the mid terms will resolve a lot of those. it's a long process.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 08:24 PM   #8
johnhannibalsmith

So far so great. The best case scenario for the election is coming to hand. No thieving Hillary in charge and an executive and legislative that can't get a single thing done.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 08:52 PM   #9
chrisl

THE BART?.................Simpson
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 09:03 PM   #10
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebart View Post
His plan would have knocked at least 22 million off health insurance, including many of you.
Not knocked off. The vast majority of those would be people voluntarily dropping insurance as the individual mandate was killed.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:08 PM   #11
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
nobody that voted for Trump cares about this. not yet anyway. they all know congress is the real road block and the mid terms will resolve a lot of those. it's a long process.
Something will have to be done long before then. As Congress prepares for its long August slumber back home, they will return to Washington in September facing yet another imminent bump up against the debt ceiling. By various estimates, the feds will hit the ceiling somewhere between mid-September and mid-October.

Trump and his Treasury Secy want a clean vote on increasing the ceiling with no strings attached. Many Republicans in Congress, including the House Freedom Caucus, want spending cuts and other budget controls in exchange for the increase. It appears unlikely that there are enough Republican votes for a clean passage.

The Democrats in Congress also want a clean vote on the increase. There is already speculation about a Trump deal with the Democrats and some Republicans in Congress get the increase.

https://dailyreckoning.com/imperial-...scal-waterloo/
Old 07-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
So far so great. The best case scenario for the election is coming to hand. No thieving Hillary in charge and an executive and legislative that can't get a single thing done.
And Kourt did not pick up another un-American commie dressed in black. And the other little traitors are all 1 year closer to our happy ending. Hoping a couple at least leave however so Trump can replace them as well.

I am very happy with what I have gotten from my vote for him so far. Mostly because of the snowfakes reactions, like the girly man who wrote that article.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:21 PM   #13
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Try

"Congress, Mitch and Paul, six months of broken promises"

Robert Reich is a douche who has tried to be relevant ever since he worked for Clinton. Who cares what he thinks.

Trump has tried and his own party is stalling him. Especially the Rino's as usual.

Btw, Reich is the only politico type that could weigh in and ride at Del Mar tomorrow. I think he has a syndrome......named after A Frenchy
Ah, I was waiting for the personal shot on Reich and you delivered it. Good for you.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 10:47 PM   #14
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
Notwithstanding Obama's efforts, to the contrary, you do understand our governmental structure is not a monarchy or a dictatorship?

Let me help you Congress passes the laws, funding, taxes and ratifies treaties, while the executive office, the President, is responsible for enforcing and administering the laws.

Congress is not governing as they promised. Congress is the problem, along with the hold-over Obama administration bureaucrats.
I think you are the one who does not understand how the government works in the real world. The President sets the agenda. Then with the help of the leadership in Congress-which in this case is of his own party-they craft legislation which will achieve those goals. But the legislation must also be legislation that will pass.

As far as I can tell, Trump has not worked with Congress on anything. He has sent them no ideas on repealing and replacing Obamacare, nothing on tax reform, nothing on infrastructure repair. And he has done nothing to encourage compromise with Democrats.

Then again, I doubt that he has the intelligence to do any of those things.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 PM   #15
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66 View Post
Ah, I was waiting for the personal shot on Reich and you delivered it. Good for you.
He's one of my favorites

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: