Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-23-2015, 12:04 AM   #31
Relwob Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
WOW! How the sentiment on these forums has changed! It wasn’t too long ago that posts like this would have been at the very least questioned for some validity. Instead these long-winded fairy tales are now being praised and lauded by what I had thought to be some half-way credible posters. Show’s you how anyone can be fooled once and a while.

Otherwise yes, there’s noticeably been an awful lot of negative commentary on these forums lately. Obviously some people must be getting desperate for some positive content around here, even if it means falling for a fictional story which the author even admits to being compared to a fictional movie.

I’ve seen red-boarding before, but this takes the cake. And if I’m mistaken then I’ve erred on the side of sanity. So congrats on getting so many excited! I’ll stick with my fair share of reality, thanks!

Maybe next time (if there is one) your selections and story could be shared with the PA forum before the selected races go off.

Yeah, God forbid people are actually happy about someone else winning....maybe the sentiment is changing, in a good way.

As far as posting beforehand, time is a challenge there and why do you care? Would you have bet it? If this was made up, it is kind of sad for the poster but in the grand scheme of things, who cares. Its always good to hear about someone making a score and I feel better just believing everyone instead of wasting energy on worrying about someone potentially making it up.
Relwob Owner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2015, 12:39 AM   #32
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro
WOW! How the sentiment on these forums has changed! It wasn’t too long ago that posts like this would have been at the very least questioned for some validity. Instead these long-winded fairy tales are now being praised and lauded by what I had thought to be some half-way credible posters. Show’s you how anyone can be fooled once and a while.

Otherwise yes, there’s noticeably been an awful lot of negative commentary on these forums lately. Obviously some people must be getting desperate for some positive content around here, even if it means falling for a fictional story which the author even admits to being compared to a fictional movie.

I’ve seen red-boarding before, but this takes the cake. And if I’m mistaken then I’ve erred on the side of sanity. So congrats on getting so many excited! I’ll stick with my fair share of reality, thanks!

Maybe next time (if there is one) your selections and story could be shared with the PA forum before the selected races go off.
There's a certain context to releasing picks in advance, but it appeared he was making complex wagers that were on the fly and the decisions he made were at the last second, which means how can you post em up "in advance" when you really need to be concentrating on trying to cash tickets.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 AM   #33
thaskalos

I think we sometimes forget that this is just a game. A "serious" game...but a game nonetheless.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:19 AM   #34
salty
undefined

You know what Nitro?

You can (your brain will insert the next word here),

I did not compare the story to Let it Ride because if I had let it ride i would have made a lot more money. I was obviously trying to explain what it felt like. I made every bet from home and I gaurentee I don't have enough time to go through all the charts to perfectly organize fake tickets and I surely don't have enough time nor reason to create a fictional story. Just because you can't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

I've been surfing this forum for years and I actually expected that negative reaction to appear early in the post. I am completely surprised that it actually got a lot of nice positive posts. Thank you for that surprise everybody, it really shocked me. By the way you don't have to believe the other story I posted because I don't have proof of that at all. I just thought it was another crazy stroke of luck worth mentioning. For a long time I have been experimenting with playing the superfecta. Recently I haven't played them very often and have been trying to just focus on the win betting. Apparently that helped sharpen something in my betting. I will do my best to post all my picks in the selections before the race goes off so Nitro can ride the coattails of my next streak.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #35
Investorater

I more than laughed:

Investorater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #36
Appy

I'll rest easier tonight having learned I'm among a select group who, in reality, was all the way up to "half credible" before having fun with salty's tale.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:28 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nitro gets the dickhead award of the day.

I say that with peace and love.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-23-2015, 10:42 PM   #38
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Nitro comes in and destroys the thread, then tells me I'm the jerk for closing it...and that he was "warned" about my double standards...am I living in bizarro world or what?

Guy's been posting here since 2009 and he doesn't understand why he got a dickhead award...holy moly...

Thread reopened for closing commentary...have at it boys.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:55 PM   #39
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultracapper
he was capping on the fly, Nitro, betting nickels and dimes.

Take it easy.

My stance as well. Time and a place for everything. If I'm rolling, last thing I'm worried about is taking time out to make sure I've got it on record here.

No offense, PA, and good job Salty..
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2015, 02:12 AM   #40
FrankieFigs
The 19th Hole

Nice attitude Nitro. Real nice.
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 AM   #41
Cratos

I sincerely enjoyed reading "Salty's" post about his winning streak of exotics even though I don't play them .

I come to believe that some bettors do win and until it is proven otherwise (and I will not wait for that to happen), I will believe the poster.

In terms of redboarding there are statements made on this forum sometimes that leave you wondering whether the truth was ever considered.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2015, 09:14 AM   #42
barn32
tmrpots

Hey, Nitro.

***k off.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2015, 10:15 AM   #43
ArlJim78

The whole idea of redboard police bothers me. You can't post everything in advance, and why would you? People go to the track to have fun and once in awhile hit a streak like this and it's a blast. If you can't share things like that on this site then what is the point?
I'm sorry but if it bothers you that someone had a good day at the track and wanted to tell others about it then you're probably wound up a little too tight.

It's not like the guy was saying "hey look at what a great handicapper I am".

Reading Salty's story made me recall and relive a few occasions where I have done something similar, and what a thrill it was for that brief moment to feel infallible, knowing that it was only a matter of time before reality came roaring back.

It's a very tough game, we need to hear these kinds of stories sometimes..
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #44
senortout

yes if you are

playing on the seat of your pants, so to speak,(as I do, admittedly) you will not have enough time to pre-post your picks on here. It will interrupt your train of thought. However, anyone heard of 'copy and past'.....he could 'copy and paste' from his adw...leaving out any acct numbers, etc, like balances...just the entry of those consecutive superfecta hits would do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
The whole idea of redboard police bothers me. You can't post everything in advance, and why would you? People go to the track to have fun and once in awhile hit a streak like this and it's a blast. If you can't share things like that on this site then what is the point?
I'm sorry but if it bothers you that someone had a good day at the track and wanted to tell others about it then you're probably wound up a little too tight.

It's not like the guy was saying "hey look at what a great handicapper I am".

Reading Salty's story made me recall and relive a few occasions where I have done something similar, and what a thrill it was for that brief moment to feel infallible, knowing that it was only a matter of time before reality came roaring back.

It's a very tough game, we need to hear these kinds of stories sometimes..
senortout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-24-2015, 10:36 AM   #45
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by senortout
playing on the seat of your pants, so to speak,(as I do, admittedly) you will not have enough time to pre-post your picks on here. It will interrupt your train of thought. However, anyone heard of 'copy and past'.....he could 'copy and paste' from his adw...leaving out any acct numbers, etc, like balances...just the entry of those consecutive superfecta hits would do it!
Why is this even necessary? Jeez...some of you are acting as if the OP is on here hawking his selections service or computer program...can't anyone plainly see it was just someone who was excited about having a good day and wanted to share?

It's awful that someone can't even do that around here without taking shit (not from you, from Nitro).

It's as if some of you are actually damaged by this sort of thing...as if it's a crime against humanity...ease up gentlemen....