Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 10-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #1246
rsetup
Veteran

Just to be clear, what exactly is the disagreement about:

1) the horse didn't do anything --- not true

2) the bothered horses weren't contending
rsetup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-21-2016, 11:55 PM   #1247
stringmail

I can't speak to Track Phantom's frustrations. He clearly feels there was little impact and perhaps Pedroza overreacted on the 6 and his overreaction affected the 8. The maddening part of this is that if Van Dyke had waited, it all might have been avoided.

It is the same old song with the So Cal stewards, though.

In race 1, yesterday, virtually the same thing occurred with 1 horse drifting out on the turn for home to affect a rival. There was an inquiry and poor Michael Wrona had to explain away some non-sensical decision making.

Virtually the same thing happens in today's 8th and a change is made.

No consistency that I can see.

I benefited today. I did not benefit yesterday
stringmail is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-22-2016, 07:14 PM   #1248
Track Phantom

They take down the winner of the last race on Friday for impossible to find infraction but leave up the Baffert/Bejarano winner of race 8 on Saturday despite the horse floating out and cascading 4 runners and hindering all of their chances. How can anyone take this garbage seriously?

Anyone who watches those two races and is told one was DQ'd and the other wasn't, would have had to believe it was the Baffert horse DQ'd.

In my opinion, there is no possible way these stewards are acting in good faith. It's too random and inconsistent. No one can be that bad.
Old 10-22-2016, 11:43 PM   #1249
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom
They take down the winner of the last race on Friday for impossible to find infraction but leave up the Baffert/Bejarano winner of race 8 on Saturday despite the horse floating out and cascading 4 runners and hindering all of their chances. How can anyone take this garbage seriously?

Anyone who watches those two races and is told one was DQ'd and the other wasn't, would have had to believe it was the Baffert horse DQ'd.

In my opinion, there is no possible way these stewards are acting in good faith. It's too random and inconsistent. No one can be that bad.
There is more leeway on the hill, horses fan out coming off the dirt crossing while switching surfaces twice in a few strides while turning and running downhill, you get leeway, as it should be.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2016, 07:07 PM   #1250
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

So at Turf Paralyzed, they just DQ'd a horse because his jockey ELBOWED the runner up's jockey.

Maybe NYRA's 3 scarecrows could take a lesson and learn from these 3, normally incompetent idiots?

I know of races that come to mind where Iherd Ortiz leaned his body and elbow onto Manny Franco in stretch drives.

Of course, the stewards saw no foul in those cases.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2016, 07:26 PM   #1251
Track Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
So at Turf Paralyzed, they just DQ'd a horse because his jockey ELBOWED the runner up's jockey.

Maybe NYRA's 3 scarecrows could take a lesson and learn from these 3, normally incompetent idiots?

I know of races that come to mind where Iherd Ortiz leaned his body and elbow onto Manny Franco in stretch drives.

Of course, the stewards saw no foul in those cases.
That DQ at Turf Paradise was a disgrace to the game. Stupid, overreaching, finger to the bettors bullshit. The runner-up was whipping left-handed and came into the winner, who's rider was also whipping left-handed, thus his elbow would be up when the runner came into him. I now believe the stewards are just f'cking with the public.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #1252
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
That DQ at Turf Paradise was a disgrace to the game. Stupid, overreaching, finger to the bettors bullshit. The runner-up was whipping left-handed and came into the winner, who's rider was also whipping left-handed, thus his elbow would be up when the runner came into him. I now believe the stewards are just f'cking with the public.
I was referring to the NYRA stewards and Iherd's tactics more than this 1 specific Turf Paralyzed incident BUT I hear and see your point.

P.S. If one asked for my opinion on that DQ, I'd say it was total BS as well. There was not any intentional or unintentional elbowing there.

One can see intentional elbowing by just watching Iherd do his thing.

Last edited by EMD4ME; 10-24-2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:53 PM   #1253
Exotic1

Quote:
Agree. What did they see in minute 10 (?) of the review that they didn't see in the first 9 minutes? Phantom DQ. I was involved monetarily, but at this point I have to laugh. It's so ridiculous you can only laugh. It's either cry or laugh. If anything, the #6 leans into the #7 in the stretch. They didn't post any Objection, you'd figure the jock on the #6 would have claimed. Jock on #6 has to throw the stews a bone. Maybe the #7 tightened the #6 going into the turn, but how can you definitively know? I don't want the racing gods to hear, so we must talk quietly. The key is to live for another 1000 years with a perpetual bankroll b/c it all evens out in year 950.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2016, 08:01 PM   #1254
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic1
Agree. What did they see in minute 10 (?) of the review that they didn't see in the first 9 minutes? Phantom DQ. I was involved monetarily, but at this point I have to laugh. It's so ridiculous you can only laugh. It's either cry or laugh. If anything, the #6 leans into the #7 in the stretch. They didn't post any Objection, you'd figure the jock on the #6 would have claimed. Jock on #6 has to throw the stews a bone. Maybe the #7 tightened the #6 going into the turn, but how can you definitively know? I don't want the racing gods to hear, so we must talk quietly. The key is to live for another 1000 years with a perpetual bankroll b/c it all evens out in year 950.
About 5 years ago, I saw a DQ at Turf Paralyzed for a horse who was never near another horse. 2 horse in a Turf Route. I quit playing seriously at that point.

I'll play some peanuts there but that's it.

They definitely play with "house" rules.
Old 10-24-2016, 08:04 PM   #1255
Exotic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
About 5 years ago, I saw a DQ at Turf Paralyzed for a horse who was never near another horse. 2 horse in a Turf Route. I quit playing seriously at that point.

I'll play some peanuts there but that's it.

They definitely play with "house" rules.
I should have just played the 5th to 6th double but I extended the risk by playing p4's, with minimal upside. Not so smart but I'll never learn.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #1256
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

Quote:
I should have just played the 5th to 6th double but I extended the risk by playing p4's, with minimal upside. Not so smart but I'll never learn.
As a P5 P4 player, I learned to NOT trust those Stewards there. I don't blame you.

After I googled the owner and asked around, I found out why......
Old 10-24-2016, 08:54 PM   #1257
Track Phantom

Quote:
...If anything, the #6 leans into the #7 in the stretch.....
The official reason for the DQ was the rider of the winner put his elbow in the face of the rider of the runner-up. I shit you not. That was the reason. The winner (horse that is) never did a thing to the other runner. It was the rider who apparently was so skilled that he could control this 1000 pound animal and give an elbow to a rider on another horse in order to win the race.

What's next, a DQ for a rider raising his voice during the race?
Old 10-25-2016, 02:09 PM   #1258
Robert Fischer
clean money

bad one just now r3 parx

helped me out, because it turned a losing ticket into a winning ticket

always good to have some fortuitous randomness

anyway, the Our Country was already beaten when he was fouled by the winner. There's the whole "well we never know what would have happened" argument, but I think a competent race-watcher can see that he was beaten, and 'know'.
I really should know the exact guidelines concerning interpretation, but I don't. I simply chime in with certainty and ignorance.

side point- Our Country was experiencing an issue in the stretch. Have to re-watch for his next race, but he was either violently swishing his tail because of an aversion to the whip, or because of infirmity. Worth reviewing and considering when he faces winners next time.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 10-25-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2016, 02:52 PM   #1259
menifee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
bad one just now r3 parx

helped me out, because it turned a losing ticket into a winning ticket

always good to have some fortuitous randomness

anyway, the Our Country was already beaten when he was fouled by the winner. There's the whole "well we never know what would have happened" argument, but I think a competent race-watcher can see that he was beaten, and 'know'.
I really should know the exact guidelines concerning interpretation, but I don't. I simply chime in with certainty and ignorance.

side point- Our Country was experiencing an issue in the stretch. Have to re-watch for his next race, but he was either violently swishing his tail because of an aversion to the whip, or because of infirmity. Worth reviewing and considering when he faces winners next time.
This was a horrible DQ. The 5 was well well beaten and the 2 was much the best. The 5 jockey acted quite a bit on this as well. Parx Stewards are incompetent.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-27-2016, 01:57 AM   #1260
DeoVolente

Lopez was whipping left handed and made contact with Our Country causing that horse to lose stride. The horse had to come down.
DeoVolente is offline   Reply With Quote Reply