Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 07-27-2016, 08:54 PM   #121
whodoyoulike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
... and the results have predictably proven to be inconclusive; one test showed a profit...while two others showed losses of 10% and 4% respectively. And NorCalGreg has repeatedly stated that his product is a "tool"...which may prove useful when added to the player's existing handicapping arsenal. No-where have I seen Greg claim that his method is a "stand-alone moneymaker at the track"...which is what system-selling shysters have been doing for decades.

So...what seems to be the problem here? ...
You could see these results were going to be inconclusive just from the way these independent reviews were being presented. One of the ways it would have been conclusive would be if the results showed 100% wins or 100% losses. I still viewed Light's concerns as being legit. Instead individuals were name calling with Troll etc., which seems to be a go to response on here when they're just questions.

If it's always been promoted as a "tool" then what's the problem with asking questions to determine if it is appropriate for his use?

The guy is selling a product. He should expect questions and not take them as a personal attack of his product or his character which is just two of the problems which I've noticed with his and others responses. I don't think the price of the product has anything to do with what type of results he's expecting. And, his comment on "Form" is spot on target as a purchase consideration.
whodoyoulike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 08:58 PM   #122
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
"Wow, this is a class hike for you. You didn't call me a blowhard or a troll. Although I have nothing against blowhards or trolls".

LOL.....you aren't going to bait me into giving you the attention you desperately seek.

You are easily the most anti-social person on this forum.
Good luck with that.
That is a rough thing to say. I have to disagree. Not even close.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 09:00 PM   #123
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
NorCalGreg thought of a handicapping concept...and he turned it into a piece of computer software which he seeks to sell at a very modest price. Independent tests of a brief nature have been conducted on this software...and the results have predictably proven to be inconclusive; one test showed a profit...while two others showed losses of 10% and 4% respectively. And NorCalGreg has repeatedly stated that his product is a "tool"...which may prove useful when added to the player's existing handicapping arsenal. No-where have I seen Greg claim that his method is a "stand-alone moneymaker at the track"...which is what system-selling shysters have been doing for decades.

So...what seems to be the problem here? Do we really expect NorCalGreg to prove to us conclusively that this system of his is a moneymaker at the track? I bet my bottom dollar that not ever NorCalGreg knows how good this product of his really is. If he really knew that he had a "moneymaker" on his hands...he'd be a fool to sell it even for $3,500.

SO WHAT if it turns out that his system loses 4%-10%? That means that his product still beats the track takeout by a huge margin...without any work done by the user. Is that a small achievement for a $35 price-tag?
For whatever reason, likely personalities being involved, Greg's program is being held to a much, much higher standard than any other software I have seen discussed on this forum.
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 09:37 PM   #124
Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodoyoulike
You could see these results were going to be inconclusive just from the way these independent reviews were being presented. One of the ways it would have been conclusive would be if the results showed 100% wins or 100% losses. I still viewed Light's concerns as being legit. Instead individuals were name calling with Troll etc., which seems to be a go to response on here when they're just questions.

If it's always been promoted as a "tool" then what's the problem with asking questions to determine if it is appropriate for his use?

The guy is selling a product. He should expect questions and not take them as a personal attack of his product or his character which is just two of the problems which I've noticed with his and others responses. I don't think the price of the product has anything to do with what type of results he's expecting. And, his comment on "Form" is spot on target as a purchase consideration.
Light's first post about PaceView didn't question anything. It was explaining why he wasn't a customer. It basically boiled down to that he saw Greg post several spot-play methods that were not successful. Those were not from PaceView, they were actually different tests Greg was performing while he was trying to build PaceView. If he was genuine about being a potential customer, he would've started the conversation from a more questioning perspective. However, he said he wanted to see someone post 100 plays with a positive ROI. I did it, and he has refused to acknowledge it. I did it blindly with the first method I attempted after downloading the program.
Winger is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-27-2016, 09:41 PM   #125
Winger

Quote:
And, did you find anything meaningful in your results in helping your handicapping?

I made some suggestions to another poster in his methodology and NCG seemed to get his panties up his crack which I haven't figured out his reasons for being upset since I wasn't criticizing his program.

I think Light has some legit questions / concerns and was trying to determine the best way he could use the program for his use.
I took a method of mine, and I only played the horses if they were the top ranked PaceView pick for that race. My method, stand-alone, produced a negative ROI over the same time period. So yes, I did find something meaningful. Pace View enhanced my handicapping.
Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 PM   #126
thaskalos

Quote:

Questions like WHAT?

Questions like the ones posed to him by EMD4ME...where he was asking him if "Pace View" would have been able to spot some obscure horse that EMD had noticed because it was "strangled" three starts ago by a thieving jockey? Did NorCalGreg ever claim that his method would scan every race in the horse's pps looking for peculiarities and questionable rides? Did NorCalGreg ever claim that his method was more accurate than EMD4ME is as a handicapper? Of course not.

Light wants to know if Greg's system is a "winning method" or not. Does he honestly think that NorCalGreg KNOWS if his method is a winner or not? I bet that Greg has no IDEA. It takes thousands of races to discover whether a method has any real merit or not...and even then it can't be readily assumed that this "merit" will project out into the future.

After he was grilled like a murder suspect...poor Greg finally threw his arms up and declared: "What do you guys want me to do...say that I am a fraud and that my product is a piece of junk? It's a handicapping TOOL...and it could help your handicapping process".

What more do you guys want him to say?
Old 07-28-2016, 01:55 AM   #127
Winger

Greg, can Pace View read the Jockey's mind while it is watching replays and taking trip notes?
Old 07-28-2016, 03:56 AM   #128
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger
Greg, can Pace View read the Jockey's mind while it is watching replays and taking trip notes?
you mean........at the same time???
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 10:09 AM   #129
Winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
you mean........at the same time???
Yes, but for a future race.
Old 07-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #130
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Well Winger I always believe in safety first, so had them add in an emergency defibrillator/brain activity monitor. Just plugs right in....

We thought it didn't work---we tested it out on WHODO....darn thing didn't register at all.

We accidentally set the probes onto a wooden table--thing lit up like a christmas tree!!!!
Old 07-28-2016, 01:03 PM   #131
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger
Light, I already posted a string of 100+ plays with a positive ROI using PaceView.
Can you give me the link? I have looked at your plays in the past and put them on an Excel sheet and they were in the red.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #132
Light
Veteran

Quote:
NorCalGreg thought of a handicapping concept...and he turned it into a piece of computer software which he seeks to sell at a very modest price. Independent tests of a brief nature have been conducted on this software...and the results have predictably proven to be inconclusive; one test showed a profit...while two others showed losses of 10% and 4% respectively. And NorCalGreg has repeatedly stated that his product is a "tool"...which may prove useful when added to the player's existing handicapping arsenal. No-where have I seen Greg claim that his method is a "stand-alone moneymaker at the track"...which is what system-selling shysters have been doing for decades.

So...what seems to be the problem here? Do we really expect NorCalGreg to prove to us conclusively that this system of his is a moneymaker at the track? I bet my bottom dollar that not ever NorCalGreg knows how good this product of his really is. If he really knew that he had a "moneymaker" on his hands...he'd be a fool to sell it even for $3,500.

SO WHAT if it turns out that his system loses 4%-10%? That means that his product still beats the track takeout by a huge margin...without any work done by the user. Is that a small achievement for a $35 price-tag?
Pretty lame defense. You are basically saying anyone can make a system, then claim its a "tool" to get off the hook of it producing a negative ROI. Meanwhile the seller makes money off a sub par product. I wouldn't defend that.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:15 PM   #133
Light
Veteran

Quote:

The guy is selling a product. He should expect questions and not take them as a personal attack of his product or his character which is just two of the problems which I've noticed with his and others responses.
Exactly. Imagine if every consumer who walked into a store and asked questions about a product were treated as rudely or stupidly as NCG has of me. They would all be out of business.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:29 PM   #134
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

IF YOU HAVEN'T YET RECEIVED YOUR PACE VIEW VERSION 10.4

PLEASE E-MAIL ME @ NORCALGREG@USA.COM

I'LL GET IT OUT TO YOU VIA LINK ASAP

ALL NEW CUSTOMERS WILL OF COURSE, GET VERSION 10.4

COUPLE OF SLICKY BOYS THOUGHT THEY COULD JUST E-MAIL OL' NOR CAL

AND SAY THEY NEED THE UPDATE HAHA NICE TRY

I DO HAVE MY LIST--NCG
Old 07-28-2016, 02:07 PM   #135
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Pretty lame defense. You are basically saying anyone can make a system, then claim its a "tool" to get off the hook of it producing a negative ROI. Meanwhile the seller makes money off a sub par product. I wouldn't defend that.
Can you point me to a post where NorCalGreg presents his system as a "positive ROI" method? Are you accusing Greg of "false advertising" here? Several people have touted their wares right here on this very site...and they have stated that their offerings were "WINNING METHODS". They were exaggerating, of course...and no one ever called them up on it. Why is NorCalGreg deserving of this hostile treatment...when he himself has never asserted that his method was a "proven winner", to begin with?

He supplied the method to several members here...and he asked them to run independent tests, and publicly report the results right here on this board. Doesn't that count for something, in your view?